There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

• dugo
  • Veteran
I can't blame Balke completely either...but then again the 2012 draft was pretty dam shi#y...
Originally posted by trogdor:
I'm talking about all players, overall he's done a good job with the draft, plus resigning key players. He's NOT the problem. Watch other teams around the league do more than the 49ers with less talent, it's coaching, plain and simple.

49ers have plenty of talent on offense, they may be lacking speed, but the talent is definitely there, they are doing less with more than any other team in football right now.
Originally posted by trogdor:
I'm talking about all players, overall he's done a good job with the draft, plus resigning key players. He's NOT the problem. Watch other teams around the league do more than the 49ers with less talent, it's coaching, plain and simple.

Yes, for sure. Roman knows how to establish a running game. He struggles with the pass game.
Baalke is basically Ozzie Newsome of the Ravens. Amazing eye for defensive talent and can find dudes off the street. If a starter goes down, he can be replaced fairly well, with the exception of an obvious MVP like Justin Smith. On the other hand, dude is mediocre to horribad when it comes to drafting for offensive skills positions. Even if Baalke has only been the top dog for only 4 years, he was an instrumental part of the McCloughan regime too. This team has not drafted a useful wide receiver other than Crabtree (which everyone knew was the right pick to make except Al Davis) and Josh Morgan, who currently is overpaid and in the Redskins doghouse. The Ravens offense has been lame for more than a decade now and so has the 49ers one.
[ Edited by biggiep on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
WTF.
This team has plenty of talent that is being handcuffed by this coaching staff. The blame right now has to rest on the head coach assistants and the players.
No
There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to criticize Baalke.

First off, he has found us multiple pro bowlers on defense, great O-lineman, D-lineman, LB's, QB (once the OC gets canned), OL,... yada yada yada.. everything but WR.

But thats not all... Patton is a baller.

I agree Baalke got too smart for his own good when he chose AJ, and that whole draft class.... the one error I dont blame him on is the fact that our coaches are rigid and uncreative, so trying to incorporate a guy like LMJ is a futile en devour.

Coaches are paid to play talent.... I can show at least 10 plays from this past game where talent was not utilized by the offensive coaches in a manner that gives them a chance to excel.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
amen to that wide receiver was a 2 need and he got vance mcdonald really when he could have gotten keenan allen

Shoulda woulda coulda. We never knew Crabs would get hurt, and you dont draft based on what if's. If that was the case, we should of traded up for a QB, or taken one early. Fact is we took a TE cause we needed a #2 TE, Celek wasn't/isn't a #2 TE.
Baalke didn't whack Crabtree in the achilles.
Originally posted by 5280High:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to criticize Baalke.

First off, he has found us multiple pro bowlers on defense, great O-lineman, D-lineman, LB's, QB (once the OC gets canned), OL,... yada yada yada.. everything but WR.

But thats not all... Patton is a baller.

I agree Baalke got too smart for his own good when he chose AJ, and that whole draft class.... the one error I dont blame him on is the fact that our coaches are rigid and uncreative, so trying to incorporate a guy like LMJ is a futile en devour.

Coaches are paid to play talent.... I can show at least 10 plays from this past game where talent was not utilized by the offensive coaches in a manner that gives them a chance to excel.

To be fair, you can tell Baalke was trying to get us speed in 2012. Jenkins and James were supposed to open this offense up. Not his fault both weren't/aren't utilitized. He gave Roman pieces to the puzzle, not his fault Romans thrown those pieces aside.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
To be fair, you can tell Baalke was trying to get us speed in 2012. Jenkins and James were supposed to open this offense up. Not his fault both weren't/aren't utilitized. He gave Roman pieces to the puzzle, not his fault Romans thrown those pieces aside.

The HC answers to the GM so Baalke either drafts players that the coaches will use or finds new coaches if he doesn't agree with their philosophy. Either way, the responsibility lies with him at the end of the day.
I like Balke And I do not want him going anywhere. I like him and he has done a good job. He did draft 2 player that are hurt and not playing this year. They could have used those pick on 2 WR and the team would maybe be better off for this year. If the 2 player he did draft become great or HOF player he has made the right move. If they are only average player he made the wrong move. Time will tell.
Stupid thread. Baalke has been great. He missed on Jenkins. Even the best GMs have missed on 1st rounders. Other than that he has been money, only missing on a few late round picks.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home