LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jesus Christ.

lmao. I was waiting for her to get flipped upside down.

Wow, I found myself staring at this for a whole minute hoping for more......hehehe.

I can tell you from experience that nothing happens after 5 minutes either.

after 30 mins also either,.....
iLL says Kawakami's sources say that the 31st minute is where it happens
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Eric Branch #49ers GM Trent Baalke said on @957thegame he wanted to sign Owen Marecic, but former Stanford FB didn't want to play in NFL now.

I said this in an earlier post. I just thought his persona didn't seem like a natural fit in this league. Smart guy to know when it's not right for you. Glen Coffee
edit: mischief
[ Edited by swayze on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]
edit: such tomfoolery.

As to the comparison to a general, above: a general has a staff that presents courses of action (G1 personnel, G2 intelligence/security, G3 operations etc). He provides an intent and, given a situation, draw a number of options for him to choose from. I see a head coach being a little more hands on. President (Jed York) is probably more like a general.

To expand on that, then, HC would be more like the G3 Operations Chief, and GM would be G1.
[ Edited by swayze on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So the Kawasaki story had no substance as Harbaugh and Trent weren't in disagreement over Marecic signing.

tim k not lookin good at all
The most credible source ever, Mike Florio, just wrote an article on PFT claiming that the tension between Baalke and Harbaugh is real and that this is just the beginning of the end for Jim's tenure as head coach, in so many words and it came from a "league" source. Stupid lame attempt to restart some kind of controversy because it has lost steam and is fizzling out. Mike Florio, biggest f***ing douchebag ever. I'd like to see him get into an MMA cage with Harbaugh so he can kick his everlivin' ass.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The most credible source ever, Mike Florio, just wrote an article on PFT claiming that the tension between Baalke and Harbaugh is real and that this is just the beginning of the end for Jim's tenure as head coach, in so many words and it came from a "league" source. Stupid lame attempt to restart some kind of controversy because it has lost steam and is fizzling out. Mike Florio, biggest f***ing douchebag ever. I'd like to see him get into an MMA cage with Harbaugh so he can kick his everlivin' ass.

Also says in that article that the TK story is part of the source of the info......

Amazing. Must be a slow news cycle.

Florio is such a f**king sleezball
Originally posted by bpg4980:
Wow - everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but some of you simply have very unrealistic expectations. The draft is an art not a science. It is impossible to always be right about who is talented and who will put in the work once they are paid NFL money. You are trying to figure out not what a player is, but what he will become after a few years of coaching. Sometimes really talented, hard working players get injured, sometimes guys straight up fool you ala AJ Jenkins. But NOBODY hits on all their draft picks. Trent has hit as often or more often than anyone the last few years, drafting in the middle of the round in 2011 and the very end of the round in 12' and 13'. As others have said, we have made an absolute killing in FA. Paying under market value for valuable contributors and letting the guys who other teams were willing to overpay go elsewhere. Show us a GM with a better overall track record that is available (or even one that isn't) and we'll go get him.

As long as the problem is that we been a hair short of the SB in 11', winning it in 12', and contending for it in 13' then yes, he is the problem. Complaining about our GM is kind of like Denver fans complaining every time Manning throws an incomplete pass. There has be someone better at doing the job before you replace an employee. A GM is a ridiculously hard job, and Trent is very good at it. Please count me as one who likes like having this type of "problem".

Well said...way over the top unrealistic expectations...I would guess that every franchise save a very select few would absolutely leap at the possibility of hiring Trent Baalke. Don't forget, he also brought Harbaugh in for $5M a year.

You'll notice during holiday times & many Saturdays, Florio works on his own. All his help has time off. It's just him working today on PFT.

So that's when you'll also notice he reaches to generate content, trying to keep web traffic going during the quieter times during the year.

So today, Florio is sitting at home, desperately looking for something to write about. So he's just recycling the 49ers-mini-no-controversy from earlier this week and saying "Anything is possible."

He does this all the time. Favre to return? Anything is possible and plans can change. Saban to leave Alabama? Anything is possible and plans can change. Jim Harbaugh wants to stay with the 49ers? Anything is possible and plans can change.

The amount of articles he writes that have the word "yet" in them kill me. Like... "No quarterback controversy in Chicago, yet." It's hilarious... dude makes a living getting web traffic off of never-ending hypotheticals.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
TK is a hack. He's the new Skip Bayless. He does and says stuff just to get attention. He may have something from time to time but he'll always skew it the way he wants the story told.

completely wrong but we can agree to disagree...

Tim's reporting on this new regime has been the most on point

also, it wasn't a coincidence that early this season it was Tim who asked harbaugh about an extension at the press conference, he has sources he's the first one who got wind of this

he's been very very tapped in to this regime

Can you honestly say that TK doesn't tend to skew his stories in a direction that he wants it to go? That is the problem most people have with his writing, in that he forms a conclusion and then only cites supporting material that strengthen his position. That's not journalism, that is editorializing. He is not as guilty as either of the Cohns, but you have to be weary of reporting by someone who generally emphasizes controversy. You certainly have not seen stories in the past about everything going well, because that is not news. The problem with reporters who focus on negatives (ie. TK and the Cohns) is that they set themselves up only to say "I told you so" if they are occasionally right. You certainly never hear them say "oops" after any of the multitude of times that they are wrong. Florio only perpetuates it because he recycles news, he doesn't report it. In Florios case, you can tell when he has a personal interest in a story because it either has a legal angle (he is a lawyer) or it has controversy and he can talk about it on NBC Sports Network. Don't get me wrong, I love Pro Football Talk, but I take what I read there with a grain of salt.
"The Journalist's Creed" According to TK, "if there is no news, just make some ish up"
Originally posted by NickSh49:

You'll notice during holiday times & many Saturdays, Florio works on his own. All his help has time off. It's just him working today on PFT.

So that's when you'll also notice he reaches to generate content, trying to keep web traffic going during the quieter times during the year.

So today, Florio is sitting at home, desperately looking for something to write about. So he's just recycling the 49ers-mini-no-controversy from earlier this week and saying "Anything is possible."

He does this all the time. Favre to return? Anything is possible and plans can change. Saban to leave Alabama? Anything is possible and plans can change. Jim Harbaugh wants to stay with the 49ers? Anything is possible and plans can change.

The amount of articles he writes that have the word "yet" in them kill me. Like... "No quarterback controversy in Chicago, yet." It's hilarious... dude makes a living getting web traffic off of never-ending hypotheticals.

Completely agree. Best recent example is last week's suspension of Browner. Florios articles were basically pleas to the Browner camp to sue the NFL. The NFL said FU ans upheld the suspension. Since then, Florio: crickets.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I really doubt that a duo as successful as TB and JH would have as much tension as is reported. Making up news is annoying and should be illegal but I know it never will be. I'm sorry I clicked on the article.
Creative tension? No, comepetive attitudes? Yes. -Remember, the first week going into this era involved those two bloodying their knees up from racquetball.
Share 49ersWebzone