LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • buck
  • Veteran
more from Jed York

In February, York detailed the '5 percent' in Harbaugh-Baalke dynamic (emphasis added)

Kawakami's column made the Harbaugh-Baalke dynamic a talking point today when York made an appearance on KNBR. He said their differences haven't prompted Harbaugh to pine for more power when it comes to personnel decisions.

"He's never asked for that," York said. "He's never intimated any of that. I mean, it's easy to say, it's easy to speculate: ‘Well, he was in college and he had full control and he wants full control here.' That sounds great until you actually get to reality.

"And Jim's never really asked for that. Now do we butt heads on players from time to time? Of course, that's what coaches and GMs do. But Jim knows that being a coach is a full-time job and he has a lot respect for the job that Trent has done."

Added York: "They sit down and argue things out and then they figure out what's the best thing for the 49ers and let's move forward. That's really how I see this team operating in the future and in perpetuity."

Looking to the near future, York said he hopes to reach a contract extension with Harbaugh, who is in the third season of a five-year, $25 million deal.

"You really can't ask for a much better job than what he's done in his first two-and-a-half seasons," York said. "Now is not the right time to get into a deep contract discussion, but he knows we want him here long-term. And we'll sit down at the end of the season. We'll assess like we always do and I definitely anticipate Jim being here for a long period of time."
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/18/in-february-york-detailed-the-5-percent-in-harbaugh-baalke-dynamic/
Typical TK b******t.
Exactly, TK - BS.....there's going to be some disagreement with these guys, but Jim has got to be pleased with 97% of the guys except for AJ Jenkins. Not a good pick, I wish we had picked up Alshon Jeffrey or Randle, but you can't hit on them all.

You can't measure players hearts!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Typical TK b******t.

but now its out there, its got legs and the niners feel they had to address it. so it served its purpose, it is a distraction as the team is in a must win situation every week
Originally posted by cciowa:
Typical TK b******t.

but now its out there, its got legs and the niners feel they had to address it. so it served its purpose, it is a distraction as the team is in a must win situation every week

At 9-4 hardly a distraction. Nothing compared to what is going on in D.C.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Typical TK b******t.

agree but still a unneeded distraction. Like i said, whether its aldons drama, this stuff, injuries, rumors bout JH going to texas, roman etc.. just to make the playoffs in a year filled with drama would be a huge plus.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

10 - 4. Dude don't scare me like that
agree but still a unneeded distraction. Like i said, whether its aldons drama, this stuff, injuries, rumors bout JH going to texas, roman etc.. just to make the playoffs in a year filled with drama would be a huge plus.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is a very necessary post. A lesser team could have wilted like ATL and NO in 2012
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

maybe a distraction to the fans who feel the need to debate things. but all these fabricated topics (Jim to Texas, Baalke vs Harbaugh, etc) do not affect the team as much as you think.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
i'm of the opinion that the head coach's scope of influence should be more broad, to include GM duties. taking a model from the military, the head coach should be closer to a General's status, someone with a broad landscape of football wisdom, who can make decisions without a personal, detailed analysis of every fact because his experience deems it unnecessary. he appoints technically competent people to carry out his vision, and doesn't bog down and waste time with minutia.

a head coach knows which type of players he wants, and would have people under him who understand his specific vision, and who grind the hours in their duties, bringing the results to the coach for evaluation. essentially, a situation where the gm is working under and answering to the head coach. that produces the best product on the field. the owner and his representatives have to take responsibility for hiring and firing this team general--but the general runs the show. winning determines whether the owner continues to maintain status quo.
taking the power of player selection out of the hands of the wisest person is a mistake. the head coach should be the wisest person who produces and directs the show. the head coach as the technically competent leader in all phases is what will produce the strongest, most unified vision, making game-day work without weakness.

the head coach/ GM conflict is a problem of unnatural application of rank. the gm should not be above or equal to the head coach. that's my opinion.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jesus Christ.

lmao. I was waiting for her to get flipped upside down.
To put a neat little bow on this story.

Does Harbaugh want to remain with the 49ers for a lot of years to come?

"Uh, absolutely," Harbaugh said Thursday. "Absolutely."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-absolutely-wants-remain-49ers-long-term
Originally posted by KegBert:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-absolutely-wants-remain-49ers-long-term

ughh thats the kiss of death m8, hopefully with any luck jon gruden might want to coach the niners next year...

:P
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by KegBert:

ughh thats the kiss of death m8, hopefully with any luck jon gruden might want to coach the niners next year...

:P

If that's what it takes to get Gruden off Monday night football, I say take one for the team.
Share 49ersWebzone