There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Making something out of nothing.

Great boobies though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers Jed York defends dynamic between Harbaugh & Baalke while admitting they 'sit down & argue things out' http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/18/york-defends-harbaugh-baalke-dynamic-jim-has-a-lot-of-respect-for-the-job-trent-has-done/
iLL, it's worth a thread, no doubt. I stated this one in the, Who do you want at OC for the Niners-thread as it touches on many of these issues as well:

The first thing that would need to be hashed out is Harbaugh's LT contract and whether he stays or not. What is sounds like is that Harbaugh wants more power. THAT could be a sticking point, BIG TIME. Why? B/c it "seems" that on the surface, Harbaugh himself is married to this college-like Bo Schemblacher philosophy of offense. Like Jimmy Raye, Roman may very well be just executing what his coach wants and Harbaugh's offensive philosophy. Then again, maybe the majority of the issues ARE on Roman's plate and that is why we hired Mangini. That all needs to be hashed out first. If Jed/Baalke/Harbaugh all agree that we should be MUCH more productive (32nd in passing) and that Roman is the major factor in that, then a change is needed and we need to bring in not only a professional OC but one with a philosophy that works in today's game. Equally important in all of this is Harbaugh. Even if he is married to this philosophy, Jed/Baalke may ask Harbaugh to cut ties not only with Roman but also with the philosophy and turn the entire offense over to the new OC and focus on coaching and developing his young QB. This is the same concept with Fangio!

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176194-who-you-want-niners/page2/#0ZEgzzWc8gx0lfI7.99
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers Jed York defends dynamic between Harbaugh & Baalke while admitting they 'sit down & argue things out' http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/18/york-defends-harbaugh-baalke-dynamic-jim-has-a-lot-of-respect-for-the-job-trent-has-done/

Jed York just confirmed Kawakami's story.
Originally posted by susweel:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

man we are so dysfunctional...how do other teams get a long so well
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

And basically said he doesn't give a s**t if they disagree sometimes.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am sorry but there is no way in gods green earth you can provide any sort of cover for that draft. on the other hand they chose wisely in the draft before and after 2012. despite what some of you "want" to think, this story just did not pop up out of thin air. there probably is some tension but it sounds like they respect each others boundaries and it has not been tragically bad. of course winning helps that and despite romans best efforts to destroy the team, those two are doing a good job of keeping things together and , overall, moving forward.

aug 7th original post by me...lambasted on the zone

no problem tooting my own horn now thank you

See, this is the type of b******t around here where certain guys would rather be right than be good.

You would just love to see a rift between Harbaugh and Baalke.

The TK article was a whole lot of conjecture. A source said the HC and GM have disagreed?!

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

And basically said he doesn't give a s**t if they disagree sometimes.
every team goes through this..it doesn't mean that theres so much disconnect that they hate each other like what Kawakami and iLL9er wants
Making something out of nothing IMO.

Remember when these buffoons tried to report there was a rift between Gore and Harbaugh after the Colts loss? Turned out to be complete b******t. There is a big difference between a "rift", and a disagreement.

Bottom line is Harbaugh/Baalke seem to work very well together. We've brought in a ton of good players and won a lot of games during their 3 years together. That doesn't happen if the relationship is dysfunctional.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/york-harbaughs-never-asked-for-more-personnel-power.html

jed is just wise beyond his years as an executive and front face of the org...what a god send
Everything in this article is what I already believed. I just think writers are fishing for traffic at times
If there isn't a controversy [there isn't between JH-Trent] the press will do its hardest to create one.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Free Thread

Love her!

Christina Model!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM ]
I for one am shocked, what will we ever do if our HC and GM ever argue and aren't tongue kissing all the time
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am sorry but there is no way in gods green earth you can provide any sort of cover for that draft. on the other hand they chose wisely in the draft before and after 2012. despite what some of you "want" to think, this story just did not pop up out of thin air. there probably is some tension but it sounds like they respect each others boundaries and it has not been tragically bad. of course winning helps that and despite romans best efforts to destroy the team, those two are doing a good job of keeping things together and , overall, moving forward.

aug 7th original post by me...lambasted on the zone

no problem tooting my own horn now thank you

See, this is the type of b******t around here where certain guys would rather be right than be good.

You would just love to see a rift between Harbaugh and Baalke.

The TK article was a whole lot of conjecture. A source said the HC and GM have disagreed?!

What?
The media's timing on this issue or nonissue is complete horses**t. Jim & Trent's occasional disagreements are no big deal, they're much more concerned with the continued improvement of this team entering the playoffs. Everything and everyone needs to STFU.