There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
sorry, it was as bad as some think

Yes.

It was as bad as some people think.

But, it was also better than some people think.

And it was also worse than some people think.

Some people think anything and others do not think.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The first time GM was hired first specifically to hire the coach. Both went on to win the annual award. The front office built a roster that only needed to get better at QB. Harbaugh fixed that and we took off. The GM had a better roster than the Ravens last year but the coach didn't run the ball from second and five. Now I happen to think both men are indispensable and that personnel evaluators should acquire talent and the coaches should coach and develop the talent. We need both guys

Baalke was hired as GM January 4th and Harbaugh was hired January 7th... So he was hired to conduct a 1-2 day coaching search?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I didn't say it was a "good" draft. I said it wasn't as bad as some think because of the picks that were pushed into 2013 and the options and players it afforded them.
sorry, it was as bad as some think

I don't get this thinking. I really don't.

They only made 3 picks in the first 117 players. 4 of their 7 picks were in the 5th round or later and that 5th round pick simply hasn't been able to stay healthy. The 7th rounder was traded for another 7th rounder this upcoming year.

Jenkins was a bust.
James is a good player.
Looney is a backup...but was also a 4th rounder.

A NUMBER of picks were moved into 2013. People can't sing the praises of the 2013 draft without also mentioning that the work done in 2012 set it up.

It really ain't that complicated.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]
james is not a good player, if he was then he would playing more.
Originally posted by susweel:

Sorry man. Total BS. Ask Seattle about Christine Michael. Exact same situation.
Originally posted by Jcool:
The first time GM was hired first specifically to hire the coach. Both went on to win the annual award. The front office built a roster that only needed to get better at QB. Harbaugh fixed that and we took off. The GM had a better roster than the Ravens last year but the coach didn't run the ball from second and five. Now I happen to think both men are indispensable and that personnel evaluators should acquire talent and the coaches should coach and develop the talent. We need both guys

Baalke was hired as GM January 4th and Harbaugh was hired January 7th... So he was hired to conduct a 1-2 day coaching search?

if i re-call at that time, baalke's only goal was to get jim harbaugh
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No running back not named Frank Gore plays much.

michael is a nut job..james is ok. he lacks vision and explosiveness necessary to be successful in tight situations..he's good in the open field. but a lot of players are.

a frustrating part of his punt returning is he alwasy heads towards the sidelines, there are huge openings of grass on cut backs across the field but james never takes them. he doesn't have superior vision
Originally posted by iLL49er:

michael is a nut job..james is ok. he lacks vision and explosiveness necessary to be successful in tight situations..he's good in the open field. but a lot of players are.

a frustrating part of his punt returning is he alwasy heads towards the sidelines, there are huge openings of grass on cut backs across the field but james never takes them. he doesn't have superior vision

Just sayin he's not playing because he has Lynch and Turbin in front of him. Seattle and in particular Seattle fans LOVE Christine Michael.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i wonder whats the next story that will come out after this one fizzles

A bunch of nothing is what this is. No two individuals agree 100 percent of the time. Even married folk. Mindless reporting without much substantial evidence

its just leaks from someone's camp w/ an agenda...likely harbaugh's getting set for negotiations this feb

This, Jim and Trent don't get along, theory will end up in the garbage just like Jim going to Texas. The media's just doing its job, they have to stir the pot to get views, doesn't mean you have to buy into all of it though.
[ Edited by KegBert on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]

i tried but Seattle isnt taking my calls....b*****ds

Just sayin he's not playing because he has Lynch and Turbin in front of him. Seattle and in particular Seattle fans LOVE Christine Michael.

honestly i'd be surprised if michael is in the nfl in 2yrs. he's like our kory sheets, looked awesome in pre-season and has the fans clamoring
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i wonder whats the next story that will come out after this one fizzles

A bunch of nothing is what this is. No two individuals agree 100 percent of the time. Even married folk. Mindless reporting without much substantial evidence

its just leaks from someone's camp w/ an agenda...likely harbaugh's getting set for negotiations this feb

This, Jim and Trent don't get along, theory will end up in the garbage just like Jim going to Texas. The media's just doing its job, they have to stir the pot to get views, doesn't mean you have to buy into all of it though.

...or any of it.
Originally posted by hofer36:

i tried but Seattle isnt taking my calls....b*****ds

lol