LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
I think it's safe to say that Vance Mcdonald will never be better than Keenan Allen. What a huge mistake not drafting Allen instead of Vance.

I would have to agree.... for now. It would have been nice to have Keenan Allen after all the WR issues we've had this year. Vance could still end up being a really nice 2nd TE. We just have to develop an offense that has real 5 man progressions.

I'm a fan of Vance, but a 7th rd rookie could have probably filled the exact same role. When you draft a pass-catching TE in the 2nd round, you expect production in the passing game. If all we wanted was a blocking TE, we could have drafted the next Nate Byham or Bear Pascoe.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think it's safe to say that Vance Mcdonald will never be better than Keenan Allen. What a huge mistake not drafting Allen instead of Vance.

I would have to agree.... for now. It would have been nice to have Keenan Allen after all the WR issues we've had this year. Vance could still end up being a really nice 2nd TE. We just have to develop an offense that has real 5 man progressions.

I'm a fan of Vance, but a 7th rd rookie could have probably filled the exact same role. When you draft a pass-catching TE in the 2nd round, you expect production in the passing game. If all we wanted was a blocking TE, we could have drafted the next Nate Byham or Bear Pascoe.

Even if we had drafted Allen, he wouldn't be making the kind of plays he's making in San Diego. Our coaches only design plays for the players they trust and know, they don't use rookies in the passing game. Vance gets targeted what? Once or twice every 3 games? It's the scheme, Harbs is stuck in the 70's mindset with all this 22 personnel b******t 65% of the game.

If Kaep could do more than 1 read he would get more production. McDonald is open on almost every play.
Originally posted by xela510:
Our 2013 draft class is more than good. Eric Reid is playing at a probowl level and Lemonier stepped up when needed. Verdict is still out on Vance but I think in time he'll be pretty good. Not many GM's in the league would let go of Goldson and be able to replace him with a rookie who's better.

Not really better but Reid has been not much of a drop off from Goldson.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

If Kaep could do more than 1 read he would get more production. McDonald is open on almost every play.

Kaep probably wishes Mcdonald actually caught it when thrown to
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

Even if we had drafted Allen, he wouldn't be making the kind of plays he's making in San Diego. Our coaches only design plays for the players they trust and know, they don't use rookies in the passing game. Vance gets targeted what? Once or twice every 3 games? It's the scheme, Harbs is stuck in the 70's mindset with all this 22 personnel b******t 65% of the game.

Both of you guys are spot on. Keenan Allen would get stuck and LOST in this 1988 Chicago Bear Offense. MCdonald should be trusted and used more then he is, and I think all WRS including Baldwin should be used more. This offense has tobe the most BORING in the NFL. Too bad they are wasting an AMZING Season and EFFORT by the defense. No reason why the 49ers shouldn't be much better then they are.
Guys we are going to peak at the right time, have faith!!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

Both of you guys are spot on. Keenan Allen would get stuck and LOST in this 1988 Chicago Bear Offense. MCdonald should be trusted and used more then he is, and I think all WRS including Baldwin should be used more. This offense has tobe the most BORING in the NFL. Too bad they are wasting an AMZING Season and EFFORT by the defense. No reason why the 49ers shouldn't be much better then they are.

McDonald needs to be utilized in the middle of the field where Kaep rarely throws.

I doubt Allen would block nearly as well as McDonald! Since they needed a TE after losing Walker, I'm not sure this type of argument is logical or anything other than hindsight. As someone posted--any player drafted after the niners first pick who succeeds could be held up as a Baalke failure! You could probably find dozens of examples every year.

Totally disagree that a 7th round TE end would be the same value as McDonald (if that's what you meant Sofa). McDonald has great potential and they need to keep giving him the ball to develop that talent. The last thing they need to do is stop passing to him after one drop! If the 9ers had done that with a certain rookie WR who had a tendency to drop passes years ago, Rice would not have become the best receiver in the history of the game!
I simply do not understand the dislike of McDonald. He has been asked to mainly be an extra lineman, which he has done well. The point made above about Rice having the drops early in his career are true. And TO had the drops his entire career. The question is, will the good outweigh the bad. I think McDonald has the potential to be something special. We'll never know unless he gets the ball, or goes somewhere else and that team uses him.

we have one the best dlines in the nfl, some of the best linebackers, our secondary this year is one of the best, our oline is one of the best, our running game is one of the best...THIS IS NOT MADDEN!!!! YOU CAN'T HAVE 53 PRO BOWLERS ON YOUR TEAM!!!

certain positions will lack talent or depth. if we didn't have a salary cap i would agree with the OP, but this thread is just ridiculous...
Interesting read from Kawakami . . .

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2013/12/17/49ers-creative-tension-the-complex-competitive-and-winning-jim-harbaugh-trent-baalke-relationship/

When does Jim Harbaugh ever volunteer specific information about acquiring a new player?

Just about never. Harbaugh almost never does, not intentionally.

So it was interesting Monday when Harbaugh gave a detailed answer about replacing fullback Bruce Miller, out with a broken scapula.

"We're bringing in Owen Marecic, hopefully in route, and we'll look at our options," Harbaugh said of his former Stanford fullback/linebacker.

And then… the 49ers didn't bring in Marecic and instead examined other fullback avenues.

What happened here?

Here's what: Though far from a franchise-turning moment, these machinations partly illuminated the crackling creative tension that fuels Harbaugh's relationship with general manager Trent Baalke.

lol just stirring s**t up for no reason
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
lol just stirring s**t up for no reason

Well, it is his job to find (or create through supposition) stories that people will be interested in reading.

We'll probably never know what's really going on.

If it ain't broke....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

hahahaha
Share 49ersWebzone