There are 182 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This, Baalke has been good at finding UDFAs that play -- Boone, Williams, TJE, Dobbs, and others.

If you can sign FAs well, draft well, and get UDFAs to play, it takes all three

The Tank being shutdown has everything with TJE playing like a stud

Plus, signing Glen Dorsey has turned out to be genius -- he had 11 tackles against the Seahawks and has held down the 0 gap

Plus, Okoye has all the tools

If Tank and Lattimore turn out to be players, will people come back to eat crow?

Eat Crow...on Niner Talk? Hell, they'll come on here and say how they knew it all along. Better yet, they'll come on and say that because of their specific criticisms those players upped their game to make sure that fans on the internet wouldn't bad mouth them.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
This, Baalke has been good at finding UDFAs that play -- Boone, Williams, TJE, Dobbs, and others.

If you can sign FAs well, draft well, and get UDFAs to play, it takes all three

The Tank being shutdown has everything with TJE playing like a stud

Plus, signing Glen Dorsey has turned out to be genius -- he had 11 tackles against the Seahawks and has held down the 0 gap

Plus, Okoye has all the tools

If Tank and Lattimore turn out to be players, will people come back to eat crow?

Eat Crow...on Niner Talk? Hell, they'll come on here and say how they knew it all along. Better yet, they'll come on and say that because of their specific criticisms those players upped their game to make sure that fans on the internet wouldn't bad mouth them.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by xcfan:
trent missed on tank; you can't argue otherwise. lost a whole season of play--when other teams got a whole season/or part of play from their high pick. paid a whole season of salary and got nothing in return. in order to accept this, you better think the guy will more than make up for the down time; but that is no given, in this case.
he better end up a good starter for several years, or this is a completely ill-advised pick.

First off, they knew Tank's injury, I'm pretty sure they did their research on him. For that you can't say Baalke missed at least when Tank hasn't even played a game yet.
I'm simply baffled by the lack of understanding regarding drafting injured players at a greatly reduced position on a bet that they will become valuable when needed...down the road!

Last year the team lost Dobbs and J Smith was playing with one arm. If this were the case currently Carradine might have been kept on the roster, but this year there are OLinemen injured so they needed another backup there. They may still lose some more players at any position so the roster is a necessary risk almost everywhere.

Tank hasn't progressed enough to pass Dobbs, Jerod-Eddy, Dial or a starter so he is expendable at this point. They've played and played well, so that's not a negative on Carradine. If he plays up to a high first round draft placement he had before the injury the team will look incredibly bright.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3331/future-still-bright-for-tank-carradine
Watching Allen play tonight wishes we had taken him before San Diego did in the 3rd...I wish foresight was 20/20 like hindsight.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
LOL@ this thread

LOL

This.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Watching Allen play tonight wishes we had taken him before San Diego did in the 3rd...I wish foresight was 20/20 like hindsight.

Yeah, 2 TDs tonight, 2 last week

Mayock almost dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back how he "knew" that Allen was going to be good because he went to Allen's pro day
I think the Niners future looks better than the now even. I think the 2013 draft will go down as a great one when all is said and done. We won't begin to feel the impact until next season.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think the Niners future looks better than the now even. I think the 2013 draft will go down as a great one when all is said and done. We won't begin to feel the impact until next season.

Plus, you have to factor in all the maneuvering that Baalke did for the 2014 draft

We have 13 picks in the 2014 draft

That is insane
Did we really need ANOTHER thread on this?

Plus, you have to factor in all the maneuvering that Baalke did for the 2014 draft

That is insane

What good are 14 picks if 1 or none make an impact? Not sayin, just sayin.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

That is insane

Well with the depth this team has, the impact wont be immediate unless you fill a need like Eric Reid did. Just saying.

"Just tell us which ones will make an impact so we don't have to waste our time and money."

Sincerely,

Jed
with 13 picks the team had better draft 3 or 4 WR, and not count on the highest drafted to be the answer. You just never know who comes through. Sometimes you just draft all the guys and see what develops, rather than trading up and possibly getting it wrong.

That is insane

They are no good if they don't make an impact.

So what evidence is there that the picks won't make an impact?
I think it's safe to say that Vance Mcdonald will never be better than Keenan Allen. What a huge mistake not drafting Allen instead of Vance.
Share 49ersWebzone