LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by strickac:
Setting up a receiving corps of Vernon, Crabtree, Manningham, and Boldin is more than sufficient.

Lol....yeah...that should work...
Can I believe what I am seeing

Baalke magically turned a 6th rounder into Anquan Boldin

show me another GM that can do that, I'll eat my hat
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by trogdor:
I'm talking about all players, overall he's done a good job with the draft, plus resigning key players. He's NOT the problem. Watch other teams around the league do more than the 49ers with less talent, it's coaching, plain and simple.

Yes, for sure. Roman knows how to establish a running game. He struggles with the pass game.

Agree and think part of the solution is to move Roman to assistant HC while finding a young OC/QB coach to run the offense. There's a risk moving a guy to assistant HC, as we saw with Singletary; but it would be about the only way to improve the offense given JH's loyalty.

Baalke has been incredibly successful in two of the last three drafts...and fairly successful in 2011. That's a good track record. In 2012 he had two picks in the first 100 players...30th and 61st. I still think James was a good pick but obviously Jenkins wasn't much. Looney, Flemming and Johnson are still in the mix (though Cam is elsewhere).

I understand the frustration with the WR position but they have made an effort...just haven't had luck or success. Injuries are more to blame than Baalke.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 10, 2013 at 3:34 AM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Baalke has been excellent I will never pile on him he's got this roster stacked. we just need to use the talent he's assembled.

THAT BEING SAID

we should have drafted Jeffrey and not Jenkins
captain hindsight has finally arrived.
aj jenkins is a different Type of player, isnt comparable to alshon, imho.
clever..I like it dtg
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
clever..I like it dtg

If it happens I'll be dancin'
Originally posted by communist:
Baalke has been excellent I will never pile on him he's got this roster stacked. we just need to use the talent he's assembled.

THAT BEING SAID

I still believe in Baalke and think it is hard to get picky about what he has accomplished. It wasn't too long ago we welcomed Kentwan Balmer, Kwame Harris, David Baas, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, and many others. He hit big with Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Bruce Miller, Navarro Bowman, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Eric Reid, Alex Boone, and some others. Too early to tell with this years class, except for Reid, but Lemoneir looks good and their is promise with Carradine, Dial, Patton, and Lattimore. I was hoping for Keenan Allen instead of the Vance McDonald pick, but that is just getting greedy. He wanted another tight end that can be shifted around the offense, ala Delanie Walker, and our offense was pretty potent last year with the two tight end sets.

Recap: 4 drafts, 4 Pro Bowlers, NFC Conference Champion QB, future Pro Bowl fullback, and free safety. I would say that is not bad. Also, only nine players currently on the roster from the previous six drafts.
K is the best young QB worth not named Luck.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by communist:

THAT BEING SAID

I still believe in Baalke and think it is hard to get picky about what he has accomplished. It wasn't too long ago we welcomed Kentwan Balmer, Kwame Harris, David Baas, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, and many others. He hit big with Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Bruce Miller, Navarro Bowman, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Eric Reid, Alex Boone, and some others. Too early to tell with this years class, except for Reid, but Lemoneir looks good and their is promise with Carradine, Dial, Patton, and Lattimore. I was hoping for Keenan Allen instead of the Vance McDonald pick, but that is just getting greedy. He wanted another tight end that can be shifted around the offense, ala Delanie Walker, and our offense was pretty potent last year with the two tight end sets.

Recap: 4 drafts, 4 Pro Bowlers, NFC Conference Champion QB, future Pro Bowl fullback, and free safety. I would say that is not bad. Also, only nine players currently on the roster from the previous six drafts.

Watch how well McDonald blocks. The guy is learning so much. You can't avoid throwing to him in games and then expect him to be amazing and catch everything. Man it's not like Vernon didn't have to learn how to catch and run routes.
[ Edited by LBSI9ers on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM ]
Oh and he has 5 likely 6 picks this year in the top 100. When you consider that this is the deepest draft in 10 years we are bound to get better and younger. Guy also got two second round picks for Alex Smith (great player) when he was considered a bust 4 years ago. Who has done better as a GM? Bowman may end up in the HOF.

Our 2013 draft class is more than good. Eric Reid is playing at a probowl level and Lemonier stepped up when needed. Verdict is still out on Vance but I think in time he'll be pretty good. Not many GM's in the league would let go of Goldson and be able to replace him with a rookie who's better.
People have gripped about Balke but he has loaded this roster not only draft picks but also trades, UFA and key vet signings. Some say 2012 was a bust and yes AJ hurt that but LMJ is now showing promise Looney stepped right in and held his own. Fleming is on IR and he got a 7th for a LB who would not have been active on game day in Cam Johnson. The jury is still out on Baldwin. Look at 2011 and 2013 and see all the talent that we have from those two drafts add the FA and trades Boldin, 2 picks for Alex, guys like Ventrone,Skuta,Osgood,Wright, Wilhoite, Dahl, Dawson, Dorsey. Undrafted Players like Ian Williams,TJE, Dobbs, Morris,
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by xtm059:
this thread is the real problem. you guys b***h too much

Yeah. Baalke has been one of the high spots of this team. Peeps need to understand that the draft is a lottery. All you can do is give yourself the best chance of drafting winnings, there are no guarantees.

And his FA work has been outstanding as well.

English is a cool dude and is frequently correct
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
People have gripped about Balke but he has loaded this roster not only draft picks but also trades, UFA and key vet signings. Some say 2012 was a bust and yes AJ hurt that but LMJ is now showing promise Looney stepped right in and held his own. Fleming is on IR and he got a 7th for a LB who would not have been active on game day in Cam Johnson. The jury is still out on Baldwin. Look at 2011 and 2013 and see all the talent that we have from those two drafts add the FA and trades Boldin, 2 picks for Alex, guys like Ventrone,Skuta,Osgood,Wright, Wilhoite, Dahl, Dawson, Dorsey. Undrafted Players like Ian Williams,TJE, Dobbs, Morris,

Jury is in on Baldwin. He sucks.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Did english just drop "peeps" on us?
Share 49ersWebzone