LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Mangini's Mess

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mangini ain't gonna cut it as head coach. I'd prefer Shanahan or Holmgren over Mangini. At least they fit the "teacher" profile, even if they're long shots to end up with the 49ers.
The fact we are discussing the Mangenius as our potential next coach...
I'd rather have the clap than this guy as our HC.
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

Is anyone really discussing it? Until a report comes out that the front office is seriously considering it, its just conspiracy theories.

If a coach comes from within it will be Fangio or Tomsula, otherwise the next coach will be coming from outside the organization. i.e.: not Mangina
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
word on the street that Trent and Jim are having a power struggle and Trent brought in Mangini to take over when Jim leaves.

hey dont shoot the messenger just something I heard from my sources deep within the organization.

damn I called this s**t before last season.

boss

Ha. I remember you saying this. That was one of the oddest hirings ever. Maybe to put some pressure on Jim, but it didn't work. Mangini ain't getting hired. He did a bang up job with the TEs this year.

Who's discussing Mangini??? Has he been scheduled for an interview with the 49ers? Or anyone besides the Raiders? Have any of the local beat guys brought up Mangini as a serious candidate? Okay then.

Mangini is seen as a Harbaugh guy, as reiterated by Maiocco and Barrows. If the Raiders dont hire him, I doubt the next coach will want him around.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if anything, we need to downsize and get rid of some coaches. we had way to many people mucking things up . roman did not need any help in the mucking up department but he got it
Originally posted by cciowa:
if anything, we need to downsize and get rid of some coaches. we had way to many people mucking things up . roman did not need any help in the mucking up department but he got it

one thing we were missing tho was a offensive quality control coach. Really is almost unheard of in the NFL. not to have them.
Lets see Mangini promoted to TE coach and we had some of the poorest TE play in all of the NFL
If Mangini takes over I will denounce my 49er loyalty of 20+ years.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If Mangini takes over I will denounce my 49er loyalty of 20+ years.

I would rather see Roman as our head coach lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Who's discussing Mangini???

ESPN's Mike Sando

"When the 49ers added Eric Mangini as an offensive assistant before the 2013 season, I wondered whether they were grooming him as a Harbaugh successor," Sando wrote. "There is some thought Mangini took the Cleveland job too quickly after the Jets fired him, but he has now worked in multiple capacities over nearly four full seasons. Mangini has now coached on both sides of the ball. He has coached under two of the NFL's most successful coaches in Bill Belichick and Harbaugh. He and other former Belichick assistants have been criticized for trying to be like Belichick instead of just being themselves. Enough time has passed for Mangini to reinvent himself. On a side note, Mangini and general manager Trent Baalke were together with the New York Jets under Bill Parcells in the late 1990s."

Also read in this thread there are a variety of posters discussing it.

Mangini is seen as a Harbaugh guy, as reiterated by Maiocco and Barrows. If the Raiders dont hire him, I doubt the next coach will want him around.

Strange he's seen as a Harbaugh guy when his working relationship with Baalke dates back to the 90s.
The Beliichick tree is full of dead branches.

Who's discussing Mangini???

ESPN's Mike Sando

"When the 49ers added Eric Mangini as an offensive assistant before the 2013 season, I wondered whether they were grooming him as a Harbaugh successor," Sando wrote. "There is some thought Mangini took the Cleveland job too quickly after the Jets fired him, but he has now worked in multiple capacities over nearly four full seasons. Mangini has now coached on both sides of the ball. He has coached under two of the NFL's most successful coaches in Bill Belichick and Harbaugh. He and other former Belichick assistants have been criticized for trying to be like Belichick instead of just being themselves. Enough time has passed for Mangini to reinvent himself. On a side note, Mangini and general manager Trent Baalke were together with the New York Jets under Bill Parcells in the late 1990s."

Also read in this thread there are a variety of posters discussing it.

Strange he's seen as a Harbaugh guy when his working relationship with Baalke dates back to the 90s.

Sando was just "posing the question" and made one GIANT leap in connecting a regional scout to a defensive assistant. They were not exactly working together…

Again NO ONE at this moment is discussing Mangini as a Niners HC candidate outside of this conspiracy filled forum.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Dec 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
What, What did I miss, he wet his pants (AGAIN)?!
Share 49ersWebzone