LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Mangini's Mess

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I understand what you're saying, and I am not disagreeing with the logic, but this goes WAY beyond "motivational skills".

It's like if Charles Manson was a football genius, and we consulted with him to help our team. NO THANKS. I don't want a person of that CALIBER around the building at all.
i bet even at his age, when he gets ramped up, he could give a helluva pre game pep talk to the team about us vs them

True story, my mom dated him before he went to LA and did all that crazy stuff...the running joke in my family is I am "Charlie's boy"

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
Many tackles whiff on Von Miller.

True. Do you think we looked disorganized? Result of sub par performance, planning, or is that just how it goes preseason?

Evaluating a team based upon preseason games is a fools errand.

Sure. I get that. But, you know, the players aren't the only ones whose feet are in the fire during preseason. The staff has a few corrections to make as well: getting plays in on time, toning down the variaty of looks, matching up talent on defenders better, maybe mixing in some new looks on D.

How did we do there? I didn't see the game only highlights. I notice we beat Denver in the penalty department.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by susweel:
word on the street that Trent and Jim are having a power struggle and Trent brought in Mangini to take over when Jim leaves.

hey dont shoot the messenger just something I heard from my sources deep within the organization.

There is no possible way that is true. I'm hoping you're kidding. Moving on, wow, Mangini sounds like a real dick!

i dont think he's kidding, Jed York has already came out and said if JH doesn't get us a super bowl within the next 2 years he will be gone. They brought in Mangini to get acclimated with the 49ers org, so he could take over

I'd be furious..

Btw have a link for the York statement. Doesn't sound like him at all and has me feeling like this is a vs post/staement.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
There is no power struggle between Jim and Trent.

f**king susweel.....lol
suss - lay off the crack pipe

Sure. I get that. But, you know, the players aren't the only ones whose feet are in the fire during preseason. The staff has a few corrections to make as well: getting plays in on time, toning down the variaty of looks, matching up talent on defenders better, maybe mixing in some new looks on D.

How did we do there? I didn't see the game only highlights. I notice we beat Denver in the penalty department.
we don't gameplan during the preseason...
Many tackles whiff on Von Miller.

True. Do you think we looked disorganized? Result of sub par performance, planning, or is that just how it goes preseason?

First game of preseason always gonna have penalties. Players are rusty.

That was arguably the greatest spin move I've ever seen
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The signing of another ex-brown just adds more proof that Mangini is now calling the shots for his eventual take over for Harbaugh.
Originally posted by susweel:
The signing of another ex-brown just adds more proof that Mangini is now calling the shots for his eventual take over for Harbaugh.

and mangini is a reptilian

Its the Cleveland Browns... who's the last guy that did any good with that franchise? Belichick .. some places are just horrible, no matter who the front office people or personnel are
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
i cant articulate why, i just do not like mangini associated with the 49ers. just doesn't seem to fit.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
i cant articulate why, i just do not like mangini associated with the 49ers. just doesn't seem to fit.

I can't neither, but what I can say is I can't help but to feel there may be too much ex-Browns influence in the organization. It probably started with Brad Seely, then Dawson was brought in (OK, no complaint there), followed by McCoy, Magnini and now Wallace. This is almost becoming like a Browns old boys club. LOL. And I am not sure whether I like it.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:
I can't neither, but what I can say is I can't help but to feel there may be too much ex-Browns influence in the organization. It probably started with Brad Seely, then Dawson was brought in (OK, no complaint there), followed by McCoy, Magnini and now Wallace. This is almost becoming like a Browns old boys club. LOL. And I am not sure whether I like it.

Maybe the name "browns" just doesn't scream WINNING. Ha!
Not sure, will have to ride it out and trust that Jim doesn't let any negativity or losing mentality infect the team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Maybe the name "browns" just doesn't scream WINNING. Ha!
Not sure, will have to ride it out and trust that Jim doesn't let any negativity or losing mentality infect the team.

Err, you don't need me to remind you what the colour brown often tends to be associated with right ? LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone