LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Roger Craig Kicks off Candlestick History

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Have Jim Miller do a barefoot punt with Dana McLemore back to receive it.
3Peat
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
3Peat

He came up with the 3peat, then fumbled it away
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
3Peat

He came up with the 3peat, then fumbled it away

I wonder if he realizes that he jinxed it
Glad I'm still not the only one still pissed off and furious at Craig for what happened.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Glad I'm still not the only one still pissed off and furious at Craig for what happened.

I feel bad for those who are still upset, good lord. had it not been for craig, we could very have well been just another team like miami who had a good passing game but no running game back in those days.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I feel bad for those who are still upset, good lord. had it not been for craig, we could very have well been just another team like miami who had a good passing game but no running game back in those days.
it was the coaching staffs fault...for not passing..instead chose to run..horrible RZ management
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

it was the coaching staffs fault...for not passing..instead chose to run..horrible RZ management
i may be wrong but that fumble took place out of the red zone. very close to midfield, I was thinking the giants only had to run a few plays to get into field goal range. maybe i am wrong? funny how things turn around, in the super bowl this past year, the coaches screwed up by choosing to pass instead of choosing to run
Brent Jones.

i may be wrong but that fumble took place out of the red zone. very close to midfield, I was thinking the giants only had to run a few plays to get into field goal range. maybe i am wrong? funny how things turn around, in the super bowl this past year, the coaches screwed up by choosing to pass instead of choosing to run

Yeah, pretty pissed at Harbs and his staff about that too.

He gets a free pass for pulling a dead franchise out of the jaws of hell and turning it into a winner though. That and finally canning Alex Smith.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Yeah, pretty pissed at Harbs and his staff about that too.

He gets a free pass for pulling a dead franchise out of the jaws of hell and turning it into a winner though. That and finally canning Alex Smith.
agree but respectfully disagree about alex I am very happy about ck but I am a alex guy . anyway as i veer off topic, i think it would be nice to bring back some of those guys like brodie, gene washington ken willard, jimmy johnson, cedrick hardman wilcox, forest blue, ted kwalik. its ok if oj simpson and hollywood henderson do not show up. Maybe do a tribute to the late coaches like walsh, monte clark, dick nolan
Originally posted by thl408:
Didn't Joe hand him the ball?

Talking about the NFC championship game vs Giants right?

Joe had already got hurt from the hit sustained by Marshall. Young came in as his replacement.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by thl408:
Didn't Joe hand him the ball?

Talking about the NFC championship game vs Giants right?

Joe had already got hurt from the hit sustained by Marshall. Young came in as his replacement.
yes, for about five minutes that day we fans were wondering if young would be up to winning a super bowl
Share 49ersWebzone