There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kendall Hunter

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,232
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by sfout:
Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?

Gore keeps getting better and better. he may have to take a few more beathers during a game but when he's in there, he's still a dominating tailback.
gore will be on the roster next year and still am unsure why so many are so quick to put him out to pasture. he has plenty left in the tank and thanks to retard roman not using him in the first three games, he has plenty of juice for this year. gore is gore and nothing more needs to be said. hunter continues , to me, to be the most valuable player on our offense no one talks about.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by sfout:
Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?

Gore keeps getting better and better. he may have to take a few more beathers during a game but when he's in there, he's still a dominating tailback.
gore will be on the roster next year and still am unsure why so many are so quick to put him out to pasture. he has plenty left in the tank and thanks to retard roman not using him in the first three games, he has plenty of juice for this year. gore is gore and nothing more needs to be said. hunter continues , to me, to be the most valuable player on our offense no one talks about.

He has it in his tank this year...good pun...

Seriously though, most RBs don't gradually lose a step and fade over the years...usually it happens quickly..and it becomes obvious in a single season they don't have it anymore. I'm all in favor of letting Gore stay on the team until that time. He's not there yet...but I expect it to happen soon.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,380
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by sfout:
Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?
You might not be sane. LOL!! Dude is heart and soul. Hunter is a nice change of pace though


Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by sfout:
Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?

Gore keeps getting better and better. he may have to take a few more beathers during a game but when he's in there, he's still a dominating tailback.

allah. maybe i wrote it weird but I think you both had selective reading..


SHOULD GORE NOT BE (Read "IF HE IS NOT") on the roster next season, Hunter should be the #1 RB with Lattimore behind him.

I know he is still under contract but it is just a common theme from the BA media and national talking heads that Gore might need to take a pay cut for the good of the team.

I personally believe that Gore will still be our #1 back next season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,232
Originally posted by Jakemall:
He has it in his tank this year...good pun...

Seriously though, most RBs don't gradually lose a step and fade over the years...usually it happens quickly..and it becomes obvious in a single season they don't have it anymore. I'm all in favor of letting Gore stay on the team until that time. He's not there yet...but I expect it to happen soon.
yes , if i am not mistaken that is what took place to tony dorsett , franco harris, john brockington, even roger craig. craig was horrible in his last year and when we cut him i think he became and viking and did nothing.. on the other hand i will respectfully disagree and say gore has three solid solid years left!
I'm not shocked that Gore can still be productive. He has great vision and doesn't really rely on speed, so I think he can be a productive back in terms of yards per carry for a few seasons while gradually decreasing his number of touches. I thought this would've been the season to get Kendall Hunter involved in the game more as a runner and as a pass catcher. With Hunter, there is a slight decline as a runner compared to Gore, but Hunter probably makes up for it in that many of Gore's 10 and 20 yard runs are probably 15 and 25 + for Hunter. It'd be great that once our passing game finally comes around and we have some receivers that we can get a nice lead on teams early on and just start pounding the rock with our quintet of backs, with Gore and Hunter getting the lion's share.

I'd really like to see what Hunter can do with a 20 + carries a game. I think the Tennessee game would be a good game to do it since Gore just got 25 yesterday. Let Hunter get the bulk of the carries and have Gore spell him when necessary. It would seem that Hunter would be phased more into the offense since 2011, but the reality is he is averaging less carries per game (5) than at any point during his career. What gives?
gore is still a beast, this guy is a spectacular talent. most guys his age are retired or severely slowing down. gore looks like hes getting better. it sucks for hunter because he should be starting on any other team, hopefully he realizes that he can still be the guy once gore retires and sticks around, otherwise i could see hunter wanting to go somewhere to start. hunter and latimore are the future though. i dont see where james fits in since the coaches dont let him catch passes or even play him sometimes
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,728
Gore can run for this team until he's in a wheelchair as far as I'm concerned.
little carries, produce td's and break big runs.

there should only be gore and hunter getting carries period no more anthony 1 yard dixon. no more screens to dixon no more nothing to dixon but special teams.

hunter is clearly better than he was before the injury bigger stronger faster quicker and better vision.

give him the ball up the middle to the edge or with screens he will break the runs why doesn't roman understand this

30 carries

120 yards

4.0 ypc

3td



limited touches.. not even touches where he can get into a rhythm and he still breaks them
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
little carries, produce td's and break big runs.

there should only be gore and hunter getting carries period no more anthony 1 yard dixon. no more screens to dixon no more nothing to dixon but special teams.

hunter is clearly better than he was before the injury bigger stronger faster quicker and better vision.

give him the ball up the middle to the edge or with screens he will break the runs why doesn't roman understand this

30 carries

120 yards

4.0 ypc

3td



limited touches.. not even touches where he can get into a rhythm and he still breaks them

maybe theyre keeping hunter quiet to sign him cheaper lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
little carries, produce td's and break big runs.

there should only be gore and hunter getting carries period no more anthony 1 yard dixon. no more screens to dixon no more nothing to dixon but special teams.

hunter is clearly better than he was before the injury bigger stronger faster quicker and better vision.

give him the ball up the middle to the edge or with screens he will break the runs why doesn't roman understand this

30 carries

120 yards

4.0 ypc

3td



limited touches.. not even touches where he can get into a rhythm and he still breaks them

maybe theyre keeping hunter quiet to sign him cheaper lol

I still don't get using a screen with Dixon. Screen are great against a team blitzing like Arizona was but not with the one yard dancing wonder. Should have used Hunter for the screen.
i dont think dixon is that bad. hes tough and he gets better every year. hes been playing well from what ive seen this year
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont think dixon is that bad. hes tough and he gets better every year. hes been playing well from what ive seen this year

im sorry friend but dixon has not been playing well. he's a short yard back. so give it to him on the goal line and get the short yards. he can do that excellent.

a screen to dixon? when you have lmj who got to the nfl off of screens and hunter who is even faster and quicker than he was before the injury just makes no sense on any level. at most dixon will stumble his way into 5 yards and flip over...

hunter has SHOWN already if there is a crease he's gone... the run against the colts? there was nothing there,,he found it hit the hole and was gone..

the run against the rams? he was out of there.. there was a crease he shook the defender into the block and was gone..

yesterday? ran patient behind the line once he saw the cut black he made it instantly and was gone.. honey badger could do nothing but back up into the end zone..

ive seen enough to know that he needs at least 13-16 touches a game.. every game
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
maybe theyre keeping hunter quiet to sign him cheaper lol

or he'll be disgruntled and sign somewhere else because we don't use him..

he deserves his spot back it makes no sense to sit on this potential the run and screen game could be the most potent in the nfl easily ALL 3 backs can do it..

instead.. they give them to anthony dixon
Better than LMJ.
They need to get Gore involved in the passing game again too. I don't like that the few screens we do call always seem to go to the other backs. Its just too predictable. When was the last time we saw a screen called for Gore? Get him some touches out in space once in while, instead of always having him pick his way through the trenches. #21 is just too good. I know we need him fresh for the playoffs and have way too much talent behind him that needs touches too. I'm all for that. I'm just saying that Frank is more than just a between the tackles runner. Make some of his touches in the passing game too. It can only help having another receiving threat out there. I think we could take a few of Millers looks and throw them Gore's way for crying out loud.