LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 126 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Someone posted something in another thread that I felt was more appropriate to put here:

Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
LOL...I tend to forget the average backs as well! Hyde is an effective runner, and may be a better receiver than Gore (though FG worked on this and became decent). The only point I was making is that Gore could disappear and sneak through the line, but I don't see Hyde being able to do that. He will excell at hitting holes and being able to get outside...which I'm excited about. Just don't see him being as effective between the tackles.

Gore was a great sneak attack between the blockers... and also a great blocker

Hunter is a faster version of Gore. Especially with the system we're running now, he's definitely a "sneak between" runner with explosion in and out of the hole and has always been praised as an effective pass blocker. He's battled through injuries, yes, but he's not one of those guys that comes back tentative. When it comes to injuries, he's "been there, done that" and knows his body can and will recover and he can be confident, and it shows by the way he performs on the field.

By all accounts, reports say he looks at or near 100% out there. If that's the case, Hunter should be the primary #2 RB. Why do I say "primary"? Because I think the #2 RB is really a shared spot. Reggie Bush has more established success in certain areas, but Hunter is a younger runner who gets between the tackles better. He can return kicks, Bush can return punts. They both can catch passes, but Hunter is a better pass blocker. His pass blocking and between the tackles ability I think makes him the primary #2 who -- IF HEALTHY -- I would start over Reggie Bush if Hyde was hurt. But I would certainly share the carries due to the explosive nature of both those players.

I think we are heavily under rating Bush. He is a very polished and all around back. Dangerous from any part of the field and any position. He reminds me of when we had Gardner.

Well, you're right. He has had success as a feature back and can be used in that role. As a complementary threat, I think he and Hunter can both offer a lot of similar value. For the zone scheme, I always felt Hunter would be a tremendous threat due to his quickness and pinball size. 5-7 200 is a little harder to track and get a hold of than 6-0 200. Bush naturally tends to run a little higher too.

Either way, I love both the players and see them helping us a LOT this year, especially with the expected schematic and play-calling changes.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Someone posted something in another thread that I felt was more appropriate to put here:

Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
LOL...I tend to forget the average backs as well! Hyde is an effective runner, and may be a better receiver than Gore (though FG worked on this and became decent). The only point I was making is that Gore could disappear and sneak through the line, but I don't see Hyde being able to do that. He will excell at hitting holes and being able to get outside...which I'm excited about. Just don't see him being as effective between the tackles.

Gore was a great sneak attack between the blockers... and also a great blocker

Hunter is a faster version of Gore. Especially with the system we're running now, he's definitely a "sneak between" runner with explosion in and out of the hole and has always been praised as an effective pass blocker. He's battled through injuries, yes, but he's not one of those guys that comes back tentative. When it comes to injuries, he's "been there, done that" and knows his body can and will recover and he can be confident, and it shows by the way he performs on the field.

By all accounts, reports say he looks at or near 100% out there. If that's the case, Hunter should be the primary #2 RB. Why do I say "primary"? Because I think the #2 RB is really a shared spot. Reggie Bush has more established success in certain areas, but Hunter is a younger runner who gets between the tackles better. He can return kicks, Bush can return punts. They both can catch passes, but Hunter is a better pass blocker. His pass blocking and between the tackles ability I think makes him the primary #2 who -- IF HEALTHY -- I would start over Reggie Bush if Hyde was hurt. But I would certainly share the carries due to the explosive nature of both those players.

I think we are heavily under rating Bush. He is a very polished and all around back. Dangerous from any part of the field and any position. He reminds me of when we had Gardner.

Well, you're right. He has had success as a feature back and can be used in that role. As a complementary threat, I think he and Hunter can both offer a lot of similar value. For the zone scheme, I always felt Hunter would be a tremendous threat due to his quickness and pinball size. 5-7 200 is a little harder to track and get a hold of than 6-0 200. Bush naturally tends to run a little higher too.

Either way, I love both the players and see them helping us a LOT this year, especially with the expected schematic and play-calling changes.

Hunter is going to KILL it in a stretch ZBS!

In fact, if we can run it effectively, CK, Hyde, Davis, Bush and Hunter will excel in it. It suits their skill sets very well.

But Hunter in particular...the kids is just flat out electric/explosive. Even in this little video he looks lightning quick and agile. Soooo happy he's back: http://ninerfans.com/kendall-hunter-i-feel-really-good-out-there/
[ Edited by NCommand on May 26, 2015 at 4:05 PM ]
  • thl408
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by thl408:

i can't wait to see Hunter back out there.
This is Hunter's year to shine.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
- GIF -

• cciowa
  • Veteran
he is a complete back. he does nothing wrong. and he is a damn fine inspiration as well to keep coming back. i do not give a s**t what some think,, i think we have a great front office. when they like a player they do take care of them. to sign dorsey and hunter to extensions when both were injured was very wise and inspires loyalty

That's insane. He is SO quick and decisive. He basically only needed one initial inside (weak) seal block by Celek+McDonald here and the rest was all him. He probably didn't even need much help on that outside seal either (Boobie) as he just outran the pursuit, flew through hole, cut back against the grain and was gone before anyone even blinked. Electric! Synder did nothing as usual as a RT.

I can't wait for this OL to get better and better and better in zone blocking.

Basically we needed below-average chip-blocks from Celek, McDonald and a solid block from Boobie and we get a TD. Think about that for a second...
[ Edited by NCommand on May 29, 2015 at 8:22 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if you can not excited about our team when you look at that kendall clip that has been posted,,, well there is no hope for you
Originally posted by cciowa:
if you can not excited about our team when you look at that kendall clip that has been posted,,, well there is no hope for you

"Well what's he supposed to say?"

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

"Well what's he supposed to say?"
i hate jed
i miss jh
The REAL #32

jk.........

little Hunter is one of my fav guys on the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The REAL #32

jk.........

i did like the uniforms... jesus we blew multiple drafts
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The REAL #32

jk.........

i did like the uniforms... jesus we blew multiple drafts

just to say we got the "Juice" for 2 unforgettable seasons, threw away a 5 picks including the #1 pick in the 79'

but at least we made up for it in the 3rd round though by selection the GREATEST OF ALL TIME..............
That kind of worked out dont u think?

Share 49ersWebzone