There are 232 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kujon11:
what i remember so greatly was kendall on those counter runs. he was also one of the few that was actually pretty good on screen plays

what i remember about him is that he does nothing wrong! he can also fill that pass blocking role vacated from frank. i love kendall and usually i do not love players. i would like to hear him talk, wonder what he sounds like

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Kendall-Hunter-Comments-on-Future-of-49ers-RBs/42bd7f06-731c-4ba8-9080-8668b2161d4e
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
what i remember so greatly was kendall on those counter runs. he was also one of the few that was actually pretty good on screen plays

what i remember about him is that he does nothing wrong! he can also fill that pass blocking role vacated from frank. i love kendall and usually i do not love players. i would like to hear him talk, wonder what he sounds like

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Kendall-Hunter-Comments-on-Future-of-49ers-RBs/42bd7f06-731c-4ba8-9080-8668b2161d4e
thank you boast, you are a good citizen. i swear i never heard the guy in four years!
And he's a baller on Special Teams . . .

What i remember about him is that he does nothing wrong!

This! Runs inside just as effective off tackle, as quick as he is fast (hits full speed very quickly), doesn't hesitate, lowers his shoulder to take the contact BUT to counter to stay upright to get the maximum yardage, squirmy through tackles and very small holes, creative as needed, hard to arm tackle, lower center, excellent receiver, a great outlet for QB's, screens, picks up blitzes very well, good returner, ST gunner, etc. Yeah, pretty much nothing this guy can't do very very well except be an every-down back in a power running offense (he could probably do that too...LOL). Baalke isn't the only one excited he's back!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

This! Runs inside just as effective off tackle, as quick as he is fast (hits full speed very quickly), doesn't hesitate, lowers his shoulder to take the contact BUT to counter to stay upright to get the maximum yardage, squirmy through tackles and very small holes, creative as needed, hard to arm tackle, lower center, excellent receiver, a great outlet for QB's, screens, picks up blitzes very well, good returner, ST gunner, etc. Yeah, pretty much nothing this guy can't do very very well except be an every-down back in a power running offense (he could probably do that too...LOL). Baalke isn't the only one excited he's back!

Hunter is a guy who perfectly fits the zone blocking scheme runnning back mold to the T. If healthy, he can be a monstrous weapon for us and I'm really hopeful he can find a way to stick around on this team in the future.
I give this guy PROPS for staying with us and not crying like lamichael james... he was behind one of the few "bell cow" backs in the nfl and just kind of paid his dues.. yea he got hurt, but even so. Says a lot about him as a person for him to be content with waiting. Even after we draft Hyde.

This guy is a special player and I think if he stays healthy, we are looking at 1700 total yards from him
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
And he's a baller on Special Teams . . .

Wow. I forgot about that one. What a play. The way he scooped that ball up on a dead run is awesome.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hunter is a guy who perfectly fits the zone blocking scheme runnning back mold to the T. If healthy, he can be a monstrous weapon for us and I'm really hopeful he can find a way to stick around on this team in the future.

Totally. He and Hyde and Bush and CK would have a field day with even adequate ZBing!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Totally. He and Hyde and Bush and CK would have a field day with even adequate ZBing!

i honestly think we could have won 2 more games last year with him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I wonder if hunter will go back to playing special teams coverage? got those injuries but if he does and plays like he did (someone had that tampa bay footage) that could take care of a big special teams need in regards to coverage on those units??

Im happy as well, Gore and Hunter where a unstopable force
If Hunter Picks up where he left off, it going to be hard to say whos number two HB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:

If Hunter Picks up where he left off, it going to be hard to say whos number two HB

i think it was sus, maybe others, who suggested that we really should draft a meat and potataoes tough running back in the 5th roundish. and i think that is probably a good idea. keep alfonzo smith around for pre season and just being a good locker room vet so that our big three do not get all beat up in pre season.
Originally posted by Constantine:

i think it was sus, maybe others, who suggested that we really should draft a meat and potataoes tough running back in the 5th roundish. and i think that is probably a good idea. keep alfonzo smith around for pre season and just being a good locker room vet so that our big three do not get all beat up in pre season.

Usually Baalke likes like-players for depth: Gore-Hyde or Hunter-James. But since we're possibly moving to a ZBS, we now are already 3-deep for players that excel in that style of scheme: Hyde...Hunter...Bush. And don't forget CK as well. So technically, we don't really "need" another back esp. since we're trying out Gaskins and Hayne as well.

In fact, the earliest we're even linked to a RB is at #65: Jay Ajayi RB1 6'0" 221 4.57 (65), Timothy Yeldon RB1 6'1" 226 4.52 (68), Jeremy Langford RB2 6'0" 208 4.43 (135), Mike Davis RB2 6'0" 197 4.50 (204) & Matt Jones RB1 6'2" 231 4.37 (234).
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2015 at 2:20 PM ]
If you go by history, he'll draft a late round injured RB
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If you go by history, he'll draft a late round injured RB

doug martin, ca'mon down
Share 49ersWebzone