LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
our most underrated player
Stoked!!! When he and Gore where together last year they were KILLING teams inside, outside! And we were owning the clock. And Hunter can run inside the T's very well as well (never drops a pass; great blitz pickup; trusted by the coaches) and scraps out those extra yards like Gore does at the end of his runs. He has VERY deceptive speed...he looks like he's even, right next to a defender and then he cuts and is gone! If he is back anywhere close to 100% defenses are going to hate us! He is one of the most explosive players on our team...running him out of the Q-formation (coupled with Gore) is going to be an absolute nightmare for DC's.

I almost forgot how good he was

This dude could be starting on other teams

1. Has great speed
2. Great vision
3. NEVER goes down after first contact
4. When he does get hit, he still falls forward
5. Can catch out of the backfield

and keep in mind this highlights are only from 1 season

While everyone keeps talking about LMJ, I think Hunter is still our go to player when Gore is resting
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
While everyone keeps talking about LMJ, I think Hunter is still our go to player when Gore is resting

Hunter is a MUCH better receiving outlet than James (right now) and no need to rest Gore with Hunter. Both Hunter and Gore will now be running out of the Q-formation together more often than not. And with James added to the mix and his experience in our offense, it should be quite a weapon at every facet.
Candy Man...

Candy Man...

Candy Man...

so pumped he's back....was our biggest loss last year & YES a better RB than LMJ
IMO
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I almost forgot how good he was

This dude could be starting on other teams

1. Has great speed
2. Great vision
3. NEVER goes down after first contact
4. When he does get hit, he still falls forward
5. Can catch out of the backfield

and keep in mind this highlights are only from 1 season

I know some didn't like the music selection for that hightlight video, but I personally thought it went PERFECT with Kendall's quick feet. Guy is amazing. I felt so bad for him last year.
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
so pumped he's back....was our biggest loss last year & YES a better RB than LMJ
IMO

Seriously, we needed this guy in the Superbowl, he would have shredded through those old pieces of s**t far into the beginning of the game.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
All he does is get positive yardage and move the chains
My favorite player. Hopefully he didn't lose any of his explosion.

Originally posted by Rascal:
I am glad he is back. He is a bit better than LMJ in my book.

LMJ is gettin better fast!

Glad that Kendall is back, no need to rush him in any preseason games however
Among other things, Hunter's ball security > LMJ's. I'm glad he's back. Hopefully he returns to form.
Obviously management was alarmed by our explosivity analysis on the Bronco game thread, and immediately activated Hunter.

Or it could have been James playing hoopa hoopa with the football on the five yard line.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol @ the music in that vid.
If he would've played instead of LMJ, we would win the super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone