LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think we have to wait for another year before Hunter gets back to his true form.. that's prolly why Baalke signed Bush to only one year contract..

Plus, Hunter is young so I think it's best not to expect a lot from him this year so we don't get disappointed...

Personally, I already am not counting on him this year..
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
I haven't seen much mention of Kendall Hunter here lately. I am assuming he will be able to compete for a roster spot this season?

when he played he was the most valuable player on our offense that no one talked about. he and hyde and whomever else will give us a nice three headed monster at running back next year

I agree. Loved what Hunter brought to the team, and hope he recovers at 100%. He's been the perfect complement to Gore when healthy.
you never seem him talking about retirement. matter of fact i am not sure if i have ever seen him talk

lol i don't think i have ever seen him talk either. He looks like he would have a really high voice
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think we have to wait for another year before Hunter gets back to his true form.. that's prolly why Baalke signed Bush to only one year contract..

Plus, Hunter is young so I think it's best not to expect a lot from him this year so we don't get disappointed...

pardon me if i do not roll out the shock and awe in regards to your last sentence
Originally posted by 9moon:

He tore his ACL during the first week of camp last year so he should be ready to go. Last I read he'll be full go during mini-camps. And this will be his 5th season on the roster . . . he's not THAT young. I'm counting on him . . . not to start, but to make the same type of solid contributions he's made since he arrived . . . and hopefully stay healthy.
Can he play linebacker?
Hopefully Hunter comes back strong as hell.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He tore his ACL during the first week of camp last year so he should be ready to go. Last I read he'll be full go during mini-camps. And this will be his 5th season on the roster . . . he's not THAT young. I'm counting on him . . . not to start, but to make the same type of solid contributions he's made since he arrived . . . and hopefully stay healthy.

I agree, hes a solid back
Exactly, we already know he is going to average 4.5-4.8 YPC. Hunter looks bigger and quick in that short clip. We should have a formidable running core next year.
I have always felt like he was the most UNDER-RATED player on the whole team. He has always provided a spark every time he touches the football.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I have always felt like he was the most UNDER-RATED player on the whole team. He has always provided a spark every time he touches the football.

agree. he does nothing wrong. i have and will always say,,,, he is the most valuable player on our offense that no one ever talks about

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Kunter is a G. Hope he's back at full speed and can stay that way. One more season ending injury, and his career is over.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kunter is a G. Hope he's back at full speed and can stay that way. One more season ending injury, and his career is over.

i will never believe his career is over til i see it,, the kid just keeps coming back. he does not give up and the team does not give up on him. good for both of them
He looks sudden and explosive in the recent videos of him training. I was shocked and am now starting to get my hopes up that we will have the same ol Hunter back this season.
Originally posted by WINiner:
He looks sudden and explosive in the recent videos of him training. I was shocked and am now starting to get my hopes up that we will have the same ol Hunter back this season.

You shocked? I told y'all Kendall was coming back nearly 100. He proved that to me with what he did coming back off that Achilles in 2013. Contrast that to Crabtree then you get a sense of how Kendall works. You can look at him and see that. If anyone can put in the necessary work to bounce back 100 it is Kendall and going in last year I thought he was Franks number two before the ACL. If he is back he can challenge Hyde in my eyes. Hyde has the talent advantage but Kendall has the experience and the savvy
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 12, 2015 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You shocked? I told y'all Kendall was coming back nearly 100. He proved that to me with what he did coming back off that Achilles in 2013. Contrast that to Crabtree then you get a sense of how Kendall works. You can look at him and see that. If anyone can put in the necessary work to bounce back 100 it is Kendall and going in last year I thought he was Franks number two before the ACL. If he is back he can challenge Hyde in my eyes. Hyde has the talent advantage but Kendall has the experience and the savvy

Yeah, Kendall will be great as long as he can stay healthy. I agree he could challenge Hyde, but I could be biased considering that he is from my home town.
Share 49ersWebzone