There are 242 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
I haven't seen much mention of Kendall Hunter here lately. I am assuming he will be able to compete for a roster spot this season?

when he played he was the most valuable player on our offense that no one talked about. he and hyde and whomever else will give us a nice three headed monster at running back next year

I so hope we implement a ZBS for these guys. Hunter/Hyde would kill it in this scheme!
I haven't seen much mention of Kendall Hunter here lately. I am assuming he will be able to compete for a roster spot this season?

when he played he was the most valuable player on our offense that no one talked about. he and hyde and whomever else will give us a nice three headed monster at running back next year

I just hope he can stay healthy. Poor guy has dealt with some crap injuries.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

I agree. Loved what Hunter brought to the team, and hope he recovers at 100%. He's been the perfect complement to Gore when healthy.
he was running really well pre injury. glad he's back. he can be a 1a in a RBBC backfield imo - assuming he comes back the same. bring him back to see, but dont pin hopes on it. get another back who can be a solid contributor to help Hyde
this won't be a popular opinion but imho it's time to move on the ONLY reason I say this is because of his mounting list of season ending injuries
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Allx9er:
this won't be a popular opinion but imho it's time to move on the ONLY reason I say this is because of his mounting list of season ending injuries

lol. too late. he was re-signed thru 2015.
Kendall's gonna be raw next year
Originally posted by boast:

just hoping he can get through 8 games, doubtful but hopeful.

ive seen players come back from more injuries. Thomas Davis torn his ACL 3 TIMES and he did excellent this year. At the reasonable price he have him at, i think he is worth the risk. I really like Hunter and hope he still has that same explosiveness

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

i think they resigned dorsey to when he was hurt,,,,, it is nice to see our front office has more faith in our players than some of our fans do
Just watched his 49er highlight reel - I really like his running style:

Very little dancing - no hesitancy
Patient to the hole
Great burst and decisive
Aggressive running
Great feel and balance
Good cut-back ability - plants his foot and goes on change of direction
Speed at the second level
Great wiggle in tight spaces, skinny cuts maintains speed downfield

I hope he comes back fully this year and turns on this juice for the offense again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:

I agree. Loved what Hunter brought to the team, and hope he recovers at 100%. He's been the perfect complement to Gore when healthy.
you never seem him talking about retirement. matter of fact i am not sure if i have ever seen him talk
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
see him,, jesus cc
see him,, jesus cc

between you and me the dude's got to get it together... seem? I mean, really.
Share 49ersWebzone