There are 174 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
If they claimed him they would have to cut a healthy member of their 90 man roster to make room. Most teams wont do that especially going into the 1st preseason week, when everyone needs extra bodies.

90 man roster loaded with talent right? C'mon. There's plenty of fodder there. They can make room for a proven contributor for the 5 minutes it will take to waive Kendall, then put him on their IR.

Of course, before they place him on IR, they need to place him on waivers...
Originally posted by imac_21:
I don't see any team claiming a guy who has had 2 significant leg injuries in the last 20 months or so, and doesn't have what it takes to be a RB1. He's going to end up on our IR tomorrow afternoon/evening.

However, if we do happen to lose Hunter, I'm not going to be terribly heartbroken. If we remove sentiment from the equation, he's an oft-injured, undersized RB who averages 6 carries per game over his career (declined in each year), 400 yards per season (also declined each year) who has not been used in the passing game (roughly 0.67 catches per game).

To me, that's an incredibly replaceable player on the field.

As for his clubhouse presence, from what I can tell he's just a guy. He hasn't been a problem, but he hasn't been a leader or presence either.

If we lose him, it's no big deal at all.

Agreed

If he comes back next year he will basically be the 3rd rb behind Hyde and Lattimore that already knows the system.
Let's not get too negative, here. Hunter is great in pass protection for a backup RB, and has made several big plays for us. He's a great 3rd-down back and clearly as the staff's trust. That's valuable.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I don't see any team claiming a guy who has had 2 significant leg injuries in the last 20 months or so, and doesn't have what it takes to be a RB1. He's going to end up on our IR tomorrow afternoon/evening.

However, if we do happen to lose Hunter, I'm not going to be terribly heartbroken. If we remove sentiment from the equation, he's an oft-injured, undersized RB who averages 6 carries per game over his career (declined in each year), 400 yards per season (also declined each year) who has not been used in the passing game (roughly 0.67 catches per game).

As for his clubhouse presence, from what I can tell he's just a guy. He hasn't been a problem, but he hasn't been a leader or presence either.

We'll find out if he's cleared waivers today, I guess. If we lose him, I agree his production can be replaced. LMJ can do a lot of the things Hunter can do, and did decently well when he had to replace him in 2012. Hyde and Lattimore (assuming Gore retires or moves on to another team) are going to be the top 2 with LMJ #3 change up back. If Gore stays, I don't know if he can make the squad with LMJ on the squad and the rest of the RB's 100% healthy.
  • buck
  • Veteran
It is going to be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.

But, other than that it is going to be at least a year before we know what Hunter will bring to the table when, or if, he returns.

Not matter what, I wish him the best of luck.

another reason he is unlikely to be claimed is he is due 600k this season.
Poor guy always getting injured. He is a very talented running back. He could start for many other teams. I really hope we bring him back next year. He should be cheap and is a great change of pace back.
What do u guys think of Cj Spillers trade rumors??? Not trying to change the topic...
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Poor guy always getting injured. He is a very talented running back. He could start for many other teams. I really hope we bring him back next year. He should be cheap and is a great change of pace back.

Can you name 3 teams he'd start for?

Not to be a dick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
He will be back in 2015 in a niner uniform all these injuries will just lower his value and niners will sign him to a fair contract.

i think this is what will happen

Why he got injured and off that both?.. he is kinda not strong a football. He is half football and half humand. I mean football is real that won't get injured and human is kinda risk a injured. Gore didn't been injured since years. Gore is a real football and real man than Hunter
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Handlesit:
Agreed

If he comes back next year he will basically be the 3rd rb behind Hyde and Lattimore that already knows the system.

lattimore is a huge question mark at this point in time in my opinion,, huge question mark
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Why he got injured and off that both?.. he is kinda not strong a football. He is half football and half humand. I mean football is real that won't get injured and human is kinda risk a injured. Gore didn't been injured since years. Gore is a real football and real man than Hunter

gore has been injured all during his life time including last year with a busted finger. your post is just silly in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:

gore has been injured all during his life time including last year with a busted finger. your post is just silly in my opinion

Yep gore got injured but he can still play.. he is not crying about injured.. he is real man.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Yep gore got injured but he can still play.. he is not crying about injured.. he is real man.
i am not going to get drawn into some idiotic discussion on whether or not hunter is a man. so you are saying gore could play with the injury that hunter has right now? the only person that could play with hunters injury is probably okoya. if you want to babble on buz you can now do it with your self.. i will end by saying i hope we see hunter back with us next year. I know he will bust his butt to get back to where he was.
Share 49ersWebzone