LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I don't get the point of waiving Hunter. Why not just put him on IR? Now if someone else signs him next year, he won't help with the compensatory-pick formula.

Also, now he's free to negotiate with other teams right when he gets healthy. I don't understand the logic of this move.

They have to waive him if they want to put him on IR.
How long does it take to clear waivers?
I think some of us could possibly be over-looking an important fact...
Hear me out...

I am praying/hoping this move is a reflection of Marcus Lattimore (future depth)

Now that I think about it the move doesn't really have much to do with Latt, but I'm being optimistic lol
[ Edited by Quest4six on Aug 4, 2014 at 4:05 PM ]
will get picked up by seattle
According to Maiocco 49ers signing Glenn Winston (ex-MSU):

http://www.freep.com/article/20140502/SPORTS01/305020023/Ex-Michigan-State-RB-Glenn-Winston-hoping-for-a-third-chance-in-NFL-draft
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I don't get the point of waiving Hunter. Why not just put him on IR? Now if someone else signs him next year, he won't help with the compensatory-pick formula.

Also, now he's free to negotiate with other teams right when he gets healthy. I don't understand the logic of this move.

They have to waive him if they want to put him on IR.

This...

Originally posted by always49ers:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140502/SPORTS01/305020023/Ex-Michigan-State-RB-Glenn-Winston-hoping-for-a-third-chance-in-NFL-draft

Funny, 49ers were mentioned as an interested team.
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by always49ers:

Funny, 49ers were mentioned as an interested team.

dude got hit over the head with a bottle, he will be Brooks new chauffeur

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It's part of a stupid NFL rule, that you can't place a guy with I believe less than 4 yrs accrued on IR without being waived/injured. They need a spot for another RB, .and we are thin everywhere else, it makes sense in a way.

I wish the NFL would do away with that rule. I think it's Aug 27th cutoff date for IR'ing players with less than a certain accrued yrs,

This : people saying it is being cheap are not up on the rules, in order to have his roster spot available we have to waive him. Since he is a free agent next year it means virtually nothing unless someone picks him up and wants to pay him to sit at home instead of us. Even then we could still negotiate with him next year once he hits free agency after the other team pays for his rehab time if he really wants to be here. There is literally nothing to lose here unless the team that claims him backs a money truck up to his house...which in that case we would probably let him walk anyway.

Correct.

Peeps complaining about "why did we waive him instead of putting him on IR" don't understand that waived/injured means they are trying to do exactly that...put him on IR.

He reverts automatically if he clears waivers. Since he'll be a free agent next year anyway, there isn't a huge risk of someone using up their 2014 cap space on a player that very well may never play a down for them.

They did the same thing last year with Darius Fleming.

My first reaction was:

But now thanx to you guys' info, it makes a whole lot of sense. Great work, thanx for explaining.

Hope dude lands on his feet and his rehab goes well.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM ]

Our RB depth chart is full of hx of torn ligaments.
Patriots will claim him
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
He's a good backup RB that relied on great quickness more than pure speed...he's also an injury prone player with a 2nd ACL injury in 3 years. He's probably done in the NFL

Now that he's been waived, very likely he'll be on another team next year. LMJ offers the same change of pace that Hunter offered and Marcus and Hyde (assuming they do well) will be hard to beat next year. Again- big *ass-u-me-tions* there.
You think there's any chance we got a verbal commitment from Hunter to not sign any extension with a new team until FA hits?
Um, hope he stays with us. He is a good #2 back and will help out any NFL team if his role is between 5 - 12 carries a game. If I was a team I could easily see making an 500K investment to have a healthy KH for next year.
Share 49ersWebzone