LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Watch Kap fake to Hunter against Seahawks and pass to Crabs for a score.
Yeah, agreed, WAY too predictable. Defending the Niners 101: 1) Follow Miller - where he goes, the ball goes 90% of the time 2) Stack 11 plus the ref in the box 3) If Hunter enters the game, it's a 10 minute developing stretch play off tackle...blow up by knifing through the huge gaps 4) Play press coverage and take the AR away (TIP: The AR is always Boldin or VD). 5) 90% of first downs will be a run up the middle 6) Play more golf now that the film work is done.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Gruden is an idiot. makes s**t up as he goes.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I'd love to see more of Hunter. I love Gore but man he looks like he is running on empty in my opinion. He doesn't have much burst at all recently.

I love how people just jump to the "tank being empty" on Gore when he doesn't have a great rushing day. Right, the slowwwwww developing stretch plays and running into 8-9 man boxes have NOTHING to do with it.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]
Hunter seems like he is still affected by his injury from last year. How long does it usually take to get back to full ability from recovering from that type of injury? 1-2 years?

haven't seen many of his usual 10 yard runs that he makes out of nothing. that quick burst after finding a hole.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I love how people just jump to the "tank being empty" on Gore when he doesn't have a great rushing day. Right, the slowwwwww developing stretch plays and running into 8-9 man boxes have NOTHING to do with it.

everything to do with it.

remember beginning of the year people were saying he was done?

give him the ball in the wham or trap situation watch him coast through the line of scrimmage get to the 2nd level and then look for someone to tackle him so he doesn't have to run to the end zone if its more than 40 yards out
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hunter seems like he is still affected by his injury from last year. How long does it usually take to get back to full ability from recovering from that type of injury? 1-2 years?

haven't seen many of his usual 10 yard runs that he makes out of nothing. that quick burst after finding a hole.

that's totally not true.
he displayed huge burst but never got the ball. he had 3 td's with limited touches. spelling gore in london he almost had 100 yards he just needs to get the ball in creative runs like gore.. cannot just give him an edge rush and an inside rush and expect results when everyone knows what's coming and now the plays are slow developing edge plays every time he's in the game to the point the defense knows what is going to happen because he is on the field.
Hunter didn't seem right last night. Idk if it's his injury still creeping up, but he doesn't look the same as 2012.

I hope he regains form, at this rate, I wouldn't invest in him long term yet. I am fine with a Lattimore/Hunter for the future if Hunter turns it around, but Gore is needed still for a few more years.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

everything to do with it.

remember beginning of the year people were saying he was done?

give him the ball in the wham or trap situation watch him coast through the line of scrimmage get to the 2nd level and then look for someone to tackle him so he doesn't have to run to the end zone if its more than 40 yards out

I was being sarcastic
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

that's totally not true.
he displayed huge burst but never got the ball. he had 3 td's with limited touches. spelling gore in london he almost had 100 yards he just needs to get the ball in creative runs like gore.. cannot just give him an edge rush and an inside rush and expect results when everyone knows what's coming and now the plays are slow developing edge plays every time he's in the game to the point the defense knows what is going to happen because he is on the field.

yep Hunter shows no signs of any lingering effects of the injury. early in the season he had some great runs that showed his classic burst. he's being limited by 8 and 9 in the box and uncreative run plays.

I was being sarcastic

then i apologize
Originally posted by boast:
yep Hunter shows no signs of any lingering effects of the injury. early in the season he had some great runs that showed his classic burst. he's being limited by 8 and 9 in the box and uncreative run plays.

give him a shotgun handoff

give him a quick screen.

every single run he has is right up the gut on obvious run downs
or stretch plays to either side on run downs.
He looked much more like himself this week....u can tell he's a lot healthier
Yea some of the outside runs that were successful the last 2 years were working yesterdau
Anyone know why the hell he hasn't played???
Share 49ersWebzone