LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 157 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
with 8-9 in the box all night, none of our RB's had many yards. Nothing to see here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Hunter- 8 carries for 12 yards
Dixon- 3 carries for 13 yards

Yes I know it was "garbage time" but that's sad that Dix out-gained him.

please, comparing dixon in garbage time to hunter in real time,,, come on man
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Hunter- 8 carries for 12 yards
Dixon- 3 carries for 13 yards

Yes I know it was "garbage time" but that's sad that Dix out-gained him.

please, comparing dixon in garbage time to hunter in real time,,, come on man

Is it me, or does Kendall Hunter get the ball practically every time he enters the game? It makes his touches too predictable IMO. When he comes in, key on him and you'll find the ball most of the time. That bugs me.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Is it me, or does Kendall Hunter get the ball practically every time he enters the game? It makes his touches too predictable IMO. When he comes in, key on him and you'll find the ball most of the time. That bugs me.

that's the entire problem.

either run stretch
or run up the middle
and its going to hunter every time he's in the game.

predictable.
I'd love to see more of Hunter. I love Gore but man he looks like he is running on empty in my opinion. He doesn't have much burst at all recently.
Our entire offense is predictable. There is no doubt that every 1st play on offense we run up the middle for no gain. I predicted this in another thread on here. When Hunter comes in he gets the ball, another excellent point. If the goal on offense is to gain that slight edge on every play which would make the defender have to think about 1 extra thing and slow down just a bit, why not throw in LMJ in the slot one play, or start him in back field and motion him out wide??? Simple things like that, although still may be decoys is better than the typical lineup where everyone knows its a run up the middle.

Example. ON Vernon TD, we brought in extra lineman for jumbo goalline package = 99.9% run. Well guess what, we actually ran play action, threw it, and there was not a defender even on the tv screen when he caught that ball. Sometimes I think i should be calling the plays lol.

Play 1: Direct snap to gore, who pitches ball backwards to a sprinting Manningham. Manningham then runs all the way across the field where Kaep lined up as a WR and throws a 50yd TD bomb. See very simple lol.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Run games are easy to stop when you don't respect the pass. Frank Gore got every yard he could from 9 in the box Hunter and Dixon don't play with the same heart Gore does. That's what separated good back from great backs. Maybe since Hunter, Dixon, and James haven't gotten many opportunities but when I watch them I don't see the same spark I see with Gore. That's why I would love to see Lattimore make it to the 53 this year, still a lot of football left and Gore isn't getting any younger or taking any less abuse.
Originally posted by Hayes4Dayes:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think 2011 Hunter was the best and then 2012. I think part of it is because he isn't fully back to his old self and part of it is the play calling. He was at his best in 2011 with our creative run plays. We won't be moving on from Gore any time soon. Hunter and James certainly aren't the future. Hopefully Gore restructures next year to save us some money and maybe adds a year (through 2015) because right now looks like we can't move on until Lattimore is good to go.

I wouldn't bale on Hunter too early, he has looked good this year and is still recovering from his injury. He runs hard, and I think he will be a part of this offense for the next few years. Still not sure he can't be Gore's replacement eventually, although of course hopefully Lattimore is the world-beater we think he can be

When I think of Lattimore, I think of this Guy:

AND IT SCARES ME
[ Edited by forty9ers on Nov 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
with 8-9 in the box all night, none of our RB's had many yards. Nothing to see here.

This.

Originally posted by forty9ers:
Originally posted by Hayes4Dayes:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think 2011 Hunter was the best and then 2012. I think part of it is because he isn't fully back to his old self and part of it is the play calling. He was at his best in 2011 with our creative run plays. We won't be moving on from Gore any time soon. Hunter and James certainly aren't the future. Hopefully Gore restructures next year to save us some money and maybe adds a year (through 2015) because right now looks like we can't move on until Lattimore is good to go.

I wouldn't bale on Hunter too early, he has looked good this year and is still recovering from his injury. He runs hard, and I think he will be a part of this offense for the next few years. Still not sure he can't be Gore's replacement eventually, although of course hopefully Lattimore is the world-beater we think he can be

When I think of Lattimore, I think of this Guy:

AND IT SCARES ME

Why?

Top 5 pick vs guy taken at the END of round 4.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I'd love to see more of Hunter. I love Gore but man he looks like he is running on empty in my opinion. He doesn't have much burst at all recently.

I think it has alot more to do with 8, 9, or even 10 in the box because the Niners can't pass teams out of that defense.
So, Gruden said that Hunter has complained about no getting the ball enough. I haven't heard that before. Any of you guys? Any links of him voicing this? It sounds plausible because his workload has been reduced this year. A lot more of #21 and we aren't complaining.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
So, Gruden said that Hunter has complained about no getting the ball enough. I haven't heard that before. Any of you guys? Any links of him voicing this? It sounds plausible because his workload has been reduced this year. A lot more of #21 and we aren't complaining.

i think he got his notes mixed up on that one. i believe he was referring to Boobie's recent remarks.
Originally posted by sacniner:

it was actually tirico if i remember correctly. i askeds this on the previous page and we basically came to the conclusion that they mixed up our rb's.
Share 49ersWebzone