There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most Intriguing Player To Watch This Preseason?

I do not think or know if he makes the team or not but BJ Daniels is the one I really want to check out. I want to see how he is used in the offense for myself. He seems to be an exciting playmaker but I have a feeling he may make some critical errors playing QB. I do not think he makes the team over Tolzien but I think he may spark some excitement this preseason. I am also looking forward to seeing Vance McDonald and the way he will be used in the offense as well. I am not expecting much out of Eric Reid early but I think he will be fine. Who is the player you look forward to see perform the most in preseason?
i'm gonna look long and hard at the backup ILB's with bowman and willis likely to play very little this august.
They have a number of folks that are intriguing.

Daniels is one. I am interested in seeing Gray and the number of positions he's been asked to play. Some people will want to see if Okoye has more than just physical skills.

Plus, we all have our fingers crossed that Jenkins and Patton are able to show something in the preseason.
All Wr's not named Boldin. BJ Daniels, Jewel Hampton vs Big Dix. Anyone at free safety, the backup Te competition to replace Delaine amd the Cb competition.
Free safetys and wide receivers
i wanted to see what Patton could do in action buuuut now imma have to go with Reid
Well I think in preseason we'll see if Lemoniere [sp] can rush the passer, I'm really interested in Daniels also.
Vance McDonald- Losing D. Walk is bigger deal than many make it out to be. Dude may not have been the greatest pass catcher around but he did work in many other situations in which he never got credit for. Now this job is going to be left to a rookie most likely. Thing about Vance is he is your more prototypical TE that can do things that D. Walk couldn't. Hopefully as far as picking up blocks, and actually making those blocks there won't be too much of a drop off. But the upgrade the guy hopefully will give us is that guy who can get you those short yards. Find the gaps in the zone and sit there. Most importantly make those catches that Delanie missed.

I've always thought we need that Eric Johnson or Brent Jones type of TE. Delanie was one of these hybrids just as Vernon is. You add something like that on the opposite side of VD and this offense can be very dangerous, especially how we are short on receiving threats at the moment. If Vance can make some plays early and take some pressure of Kaep I think this will be huge. Not only that but once everyone starts coming back from injuries we could have a lot of talent for kaep to play with.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Vance McDonald- Losing D. Walk is bigger deal than many make it out to be. Dude may not have been the greatest pass catcher around but he did work in many other situations in which he never got credit for. Now this job is going to be left to a rookie most likely. Thing about Vance is he is your more prototypical TE that can do things that D. Walk couldn't. Hopefully as far as picking up blocks, and actually making those blocks there won't be too much of a drop off. But the upgrade the guy hopefully will give us is that guy who can get you those short yards. Find the gaps in the zone and sit there. Most importantly make those catches that Delanie missed.

I've always thought we need that Eric Johnson or Brent Jones type of TE. Delanie was one of these hybrids just as Vernon is. You add something like that on the opposite side of VD and this offense can be very dangerous, especially how we are short on receiving threats at the moment. If Vance can make some plays early and take some pressure of Kaep I think this will be huge. Not only that but once everyone starts coming back from injuries we could have a lot of talent for kaep to play with.

Good post. I agree with you 110%. Vance made some easy drops in college that kind of concerned me but I think it was more concentration skills than lack of hands. I think he will be the most important aquisition of the offseason as far as replacing someone. Our offense revolves around the two TE set so much that it makes someone like Reid seem not the big focus to worry on when it comes to performance. I thought Spillman was going to be our guy to start this year since Goldson left to Tampa. I think it could come down to him and Reid. I expect Reid to slide to SS after this season but who knows. Going back to Vance I hear nothing but good things from him in camp but with camp and an actual game in game situation is two different stories.
I want to see if trading up for reid was worth it.
Reid
Hunter...just want to see how well he can come back.. dude was a stud

but really i'm excited for Patton. He was a stud in college. runs great routes. could be a steal.
Reid will take a while to adjust to the speed.. Defensive Backs as a rookie is one tough spot
Jewel Hampton. I think he has a big preseason.
Okoye is gonna lead the pre season in sacks

BOOK IT