Vernon and 1K

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore has soft hands
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think Gire will be the one racking up 1,000+ receiving yards

No way. He's not a natural receiver.

short memory dude, gore led the team in receptions one year and was near the top for a few years. theres nothing wrong with gores hands

what have you done for me lately

dude had stone hands last year
Originally posted by RonMexico:

short memory dude, gore led the team in receptions one year and was near the top for a few years. theres nothing wrong with gores hands

probably surprised that he actually got thrown the ball. harbaugh hasnt used him much in the passing game since hes been here

probably surprised that he actually got thrown the ball. harbaugh hasnt used him much in the passing game since hes been here

He's short and tends to bounce it up in the air off his hands. At least he did with Alex all the time. But Alex throw a little high....
I think the Rook, vance, fits right in with a bang.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Would be surprised if he doesn't have a 1000 yard season, Boldin also.
will.never.happen.
Aver que pedo
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I think Vernon will almost have to and probably will given the current situation. I am sure there will be a lot of double-teams keying in on him, but you can't double-team everyone. The only question is whether Vernon can stay healthy ? When you have a target on your back, teams will try to take you out of the game.
[ Edited by Rascal on Aug 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think Vernon will almost have to and probably will given the current situation. I am sure there will be a lot of double-teams keying in on him, but you can't double-team everyone. The only question is whether Vernon can stay healthy ? When you have a target on your back, teams will try to take you out of the game.

i just hope he never jumps up to catch a ball thats at his numbers again, a couple times when he was hurt it was his own damn fault

Well in 2011 he had some drops, but was thrown more to in the playoffs, where he had better production. 2012 was much the same, except he got more targets and even still those were minimized 50 % or more since the Harbough regime. The school of thought that he'll be utilized more this year by default does ring true to me.
Gore could have 35-45 rec next year but his ypa is cut too so I'm vigilant on that in projecting his yardage.
V.D has immeasurable talent. So the answers is yes to the 1k proposition.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
will.never.happen.

How can someone be so sure that a player who has already had a 965 yard season will never have a 1000 yard season? 35 yards? That's one good laser shot from Kaepernick.
Absolutely.

He and Boldin are the 2 main receivers so they'll probably get the bulk of the receptions. VD has excellent breakaway speed so his YAC will add up big time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Pete Retzlaff--one my early football heroes.

From 1956 to 1966, he played in 132 games. He caught 452 passes for 7,412 yards (16.4 average) and 47 touchdowns.

Retzlaff starred in track and field and football at South Dakota State. In 1952, he rushed for 1,016 yards.

He was selected in the 1953 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions of the National Football League but did not make the team.

After two years in the army, he was sold to the Philadelphia Eagles, where he played at running back, wide receiver, and tight end for eleven seasons.

In 1958, despite never having caught a pass in college, he led the NFL with 56 pass receptions. He went to the Pro Bowl five times.

He won NFL player of the year in 1965, when playing as a TE, he caught 66 passes for 1,160 yards and ten touchdowns.

He also served as president of the NFL Players Association.

From 1969 to 1972, he served as the Eagles' vice president and general manager.

In 1973 and 1974, he worked as a color analyst for NFL coverage on CBS television.

Retzlaff's number 44 jersey has been retired by the Eagles.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RetzPe00.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Retzlaff
Share 49ersWebzone