LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Rookie surprises

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm going to go with Marcus Cooper (just to play the dark-horse role). The dude has all the intangibles Baalke wants in a CB (and style) and just needs to be coached up. The injury to Culliver will now really help him and Daryl Morris a ton. It's a real competition now!

The other original I had was Lamar Divens (6'3" 340), that wide-bodied two-gap NT that can help against the bigger physical OL's and power running teams we face and help in short yardage and goal line situations.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM ]
Patton and McDonald are my two favorites in terms of guys who can make a big impact. 49ers will need someone to step up at WR and it could very well Patton, perhaps not early on, but coming on strong as the season goes on, he's been doing well thus far, even in spite of his injury. McDonald is going to be someone counted on to step up big and make some plays to offset the loss of Walker and I think he's more than capable, he's shown some terrific explosiveness, sure hands even and he'll provide a big, wide red-zone target that the 49ers were lacking last year.
I'm afraid the coaching staff may be more comfortable with Spiller. I say for the first five or so games he starts.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm going to go with Marcus Cooper (just to play the dark-horse role). The dude has all the intangibles Baalke wants in a CB (and style) and just needs to be coached up. The injury to Culliver will now really help him and Daryl Morris a ton. It's a real competition now!

The other original I had was Lamar Divens (6'3" 340), that wide-bodied two-gap NT that can help against the bigger physical OL's and power running teams we face and help in short yardage and goal line situations.

I really hope Cooper can show some great progress during the preseason games.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
I'm afraid the coaching staff may be more comfortable with Spiller. I say for the first five or so games he starts.

Originally posted by NFLBuddah:
I'm looking forward to see what Lattimore and Carradine can do. They're the best players from this draft.

Will have to wait a while
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I didn't think Eric Reid would beat out Craig Dahl

Well he hasn't yet, but hes on his way according to reports.

Neither of them have touched Spillman
i'd be fine with a Spillman/Reid/Dahl depth chart for awhile
Originally posted by bdub2588:

If Spillman and Reid both jumped past Dahl, he's ripe for a salary cut next year.

Originally posted by ninergold:
If Spillman and Reid both jumped past Dahl, he's ripe for a salary cut next year.

Or just being cut period.
Share 49ersWebzone