There are 156 users in the forums

Rookie surprises

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
which rookie has surprised you with some aspect of playmaking? who & why.

for me, i think it's d.j. harper's pass protection.
every report i read says he's displaying nfl-ready pass pro. that kind of thing gets you on a nfl roster.
I'm looking forward to see what Lattimore and Carradine can do. They're the best players from this draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am surprised that Quinton Patton is doing all that he is doing with a broken finger.
BJ Daniels.. Reports say he's doing very well in all the roles he's been given.. I watched him play all throughout college and he always had talent but never put it all together.. I think he'll win the 3rd string qb spot and also provide depth on special teams
Originally posted by buck:
I am surprised that Quinton Patton is doing all that he is doing with a broken finger.

I'm pumped to see him full go. Any idea when he'll be 100% or atleast able to catch passes?
I don't think McDonald will be a surprise, but I think he'll be a big contributor.

Surprise? maybe Lemoniere [sp]?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think the three rookies who will contribute the most this season will be Eric Reid, Quinton Patton and Corey Lemonier.
I didn't think Eric Reid would beat out Craig Dahl
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Well he hasn't yet, but hes on his way according to reports.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Originally posted by buck:

I'm pumped to see him full go. Any idea when he'll be 100% or atleast able to catch passes?

as soon as his finger heals

Originally posted by Kolohe:

That would take some of the sting out of this offseason.
I think the three rookies who will contribute the most this season will be Eric Reid, Quinton Patton and Corey Lemonier.

I'm with this. And would add Vance McDonald too.
Baalke's ability to draft gimps. I'd like to be positive but there isn't a lot to be excited about. Most of them seem to be hurt. Now if your could just take them apart and assemble a healthy one then we would be talkin. Pretty bland camp so far minus injuries. With so many leg injuries I'm wondering what the strength and conditioning staff was doing wrong.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Spillman is his top competition.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Spillman is his top competition.

I wouldn't mind seeing a combination of Spillman and Reid at safety during some preseason games.
Share 49ersWebzone