There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
@PFF_Jeff 11m Eric Wright's 75 receptions allowed in 2011 were the most in the league. #49ers


lol greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

He's a man coverage corner who was playing out of his element in a zone system, for a team that was utterly atrocious in the secondary and had one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL last year.


I think Wright's years in Cleveland are far more indicative of his overall talent.
I do hope there is a clause that says contract immediately voided if any DUIs, PEDs or anything else unseemly.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you were an outsider and not a 49ers fanatic, you would see this move as another in a long line of low to NO risk signings of NFL caliber players that Baalke has pulled off. From a PR standpoint, some of us may think this is a bad move. That is totally understandable. The Niners front office and coaching staff are just doing whatever they think necessary to build a complete roster. If this local product can keep it together off the field and play well on the field, he will be a great addition. If not, no harm done.

See: Moss, Randy. And Jacobs, Brandon...hell even Aso.


We do this a lot..it's not really gambling when your playing with house money.
Hope he does well.

I wonder how Tampa Bay feels that we end up w/him and they get zero picks from us.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
@PFF_Jeff 11m Eric Wright's 75 receptions allowed in 2011 were the most in the league. #49ers


lol greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

He's a man coverage corner who was playing out of his element in a zone system, for a team that was utterly atrocious in the secondary and had one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL last year.


I think Wright's years in Cleveland are far more indicative of his overall talent.

Wrightxcuses
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is kind of stupid. Bucs were going to release him. We traded for him. Failed his physical. Bucs released him. And now we are trying to sign him again.

This time around the 49ers don't have to give up any picks, even a late one, I don't see the problem.

I just mean its embarrassing. We traded for a guy who just had a DUI then failed him. Bucs cut him, as they were going to anyway. And we go ahead and re-sign him.

Actually since he is starting on the non football injury list, I think he may have legit failed. It might have been something small enough that he couldn't pass at the time but has healed up now. DUI really doesn't figure into your job prospects at the NFL level unless your in an accident....there are tons of them yearly and nobody gets disciplined.

makes sense.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you were an outsider and not a 49ers fanatic, you would see this move as another in a long line of low to NO risk signings of NFL caliber players that Baalke has pulled off. From a PR standpoint, some of us may think this is a bad move. That is totally understandable. The Niners front office and coaching staff are just doing whatever they think necessary to build a complete roster. If this local product can keep it together off the field and play well on the field, he will be a great addition. If not, no harm done.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
Sounds good! Bring back the 80's!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't like how they had to waive Lowell Rose to get this guy. According to Barrows, Rose was locked up in press coverage against everyone the other day in scrimmages and nobody could complete a pass on him.

Yah, I wish we got a look at Rose during the preseason, I'm not to fond of this signing too much baggage.

I guess the fact that he's a SF native might serve as motivation for him to get his life together and become a factor here. We can always hope. This is a next-year move.

I maybe not too fond of this signing, but I'm in no way hoping for him to fail I wouldn't wish that upon any 9er. Maybe he surprises us and shuts down Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin.

To be fair, I could shut down Percy Harvin right at this moment
lol @ the bucs.

we played them. no draft pick departs us.
Originally posted by MILFS:
lol @ the bucs.

we played them. no draft pick departs us.


Week 15 should be interesting....Wright, Goldson, revenge factor for the last blowout...
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
See: Moss, Randy. And Jacobs, Brandon...hell even Aso.


We do this a lot..it's not really gambling when your playing with house money.
You mean T. Brown's money.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I do hope there is a clause that says contract immediately voided if any DUIs, PEDs or anything else unseemly.

isn't he playing for peanuts?
Eric Wright Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCx3wyi_8_A
[ Edited by dhp318 on Aug 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM ]