There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Stats are for losers

How do you grade a cornerback? I would happen to think things like catches and yards against, penalties, and missed tackles are pretty important for a CB.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Stats are for losers

How do you grade a cornerback? I would happen to think things like catches and yards against, penalties, and missed tackles are pretty important for a CB.

While this is true, if a CB blankets a receiver and forces the QB to go in a different direction, no stat is obtained.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
While this is true, if a CB blankets a receiver and forces the QB to go in a different direction, no stat is obtained.

Which they never did with Wright since he was #1 in the league in 2011 in receptions given up.
Stats are for losers

This is what I'm basically saying. If he has a lot of missed tackles, and a lot of attempts and completions coming at him, it means that he's being targeted a lot. Good CB like Revis and Nnamdi in his prime weren't targeted at all. Saying "stats are for losers" is a silly comment that ignores the facts that Wrights an average NFL CB...at best.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Which they never did with Wright since he was #1 in the league in 2011 in receptions given up.

What if they were all 2 yard receptions because the coaches had him playing off the line, ala Nolan? lol
Stats are for losers

This is what I'm basically saying. If he has a lot of missed tackles, and a lot of attempts and completions coming at him, it means that he's being targeted a lot. Good CB like Revis and Nnamdi in his prime weren't targeted at all. Saying "stats are for losers" is a silly comment that ignores the facts that Wrights an average NFL CB...at best.

"Stats are for losers."
- Justin Smith
@PFF_Jeff 11m Eric Wright's 75 receptions allowed in 2011 were the most in the league. #49ers

lol greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
What if they were all 2 yard receptions because the coaches had him playing off the line, ala Nolan? lol

Then that's reflected in the yards and QB rating when throwing his way.
Isla de Wright is tiny
Stats are for losers

I think the fact that stating stats are for losers is sorta just BSing. lol
Stats are for losers

I think the fact that stating stats are for losers is sorta just BSing. lol

Maybe you right
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 25s Re: Eric Wright's DUI arrest: Fact that LA City Attorney's office took initial hearing off WED's calendar seen as sign case will be dropped.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang they must reeeally like this guy, for him to fail a physical twice, and still get signed, says something.

I was thinking that too. Maybe its his ability to cover the slot, maybe they think he matches up well with some of the receiver in the NFC West. Just throwing stuff out there, its really odd they would go after a player that's injured and has off-field issues.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Stats are for losers

"Stats are for losers."
- Justin Smith

Somebody got it! lol
I don't like how they had to waive Lowell Rose to get this guy. According to Barrows, Rose was locked up in press coverage against everyone the other day in scrimmages and nobody could complete a pass on him.