There are 215 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goodbye & good luck in your future endeavors.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
I did not see this coming and I do not understand how this would disappoint some homers.

I wrote this funny long post but then lost it over the net.

Short version: When people complained about Tarell not being resigned, Wright was one of the reasons many people used in rationalizing the decision.

Even though he out-gimped Moss for much of his time here. No matter. He wore the red and gold. Definitely all pro.

Likewise, when concern was voiced at not selecting one of the in demand corners in the draft, again, Wright was one of those named to rationalize the turn of events and scorn any haters who question the fo in these matters.

SO now, the inevitable. Wright fades away. We'll probably lose one or two others by the end of camp once the soft tissue trauma drills specially designed by our training staff kick into high gear. SO yes I am talking about those homers who will find a reason to justify and rationalize every turn of events without holding anyone accountable for the consequences of well intentioned but imperfect and possibly regrettable decisions.

By homers I mean fans without their thinking caps on.

What exactly in the last 3 seasons has given you reason to question what the Niners are doing in the backfield? Put your trust in The Don.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think Morris is going to turn heads and get PT during the season.

i think cox and cook,,, ahh what the hell do I know?

I think Morris will be a riser this offseason as well. Last year he was a solid ST guy. This year he could become a solid Nickel/Dime CB.
I don't understand where Wright's head was but I wish him the best.

Someone else will step up and by the start of the season we will have cut some very good players.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i really take offense to your last statement,,,,, are you saying that just because a few of us were hoping, for the good of the team and for him as a player and human being,,,, that wright would make our team and be a great player,,, we did not have our" thinking caps"on? wow. if i mis read your post i am sorry but it seems like just because we wanted a guy to make the team and be good for us, we were stupid?

No. Where did that come from? Has nothing to do with Wright per se. Homers were the people exaggerating the depth of our roster at CB and criticizing others who are less sanguine about it and calling them haters. We all want our roster to do well but only zeolots expect it and your not a hater if you bring sober judgement to the situation.

It could have been Wright who dropped out or cully who retweaked his knee or the acl tear one of these guys is going to get ... it doesn't matter really. SOmething is going to happen, we don't have a lot of proven depth there, so why not stock up in the off seson like a bear gorging on salmon for the long winter?

Hey, I get optimism. You don't have to be homer to be optimistic. It's just that homers can go overboard sometimes and get nasty.

Like my favorite optimist say, sgt oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "

I get that.
Originally posted by WINiner:
What exactly in the last 3 seasons has given you reason to question what the Niners are doing in the backfield? Put your trust in The Don.

Our lack of experienced proven depth at cornerback this offseason is the answer to your question. Our coaching staff is not necessarily involved in this issue
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Our lack of experienced proven depth at cornerback this offseason is the answer to your question. Our coaching staff is not necessarily involved in this issue

While everyone was smoking the draft like a crack pipe I too held this concern. I hope I'm wrong but we may get burned on the edges this season.
Brandon Flowers anyone?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Brandon Flowers anyone?

Too small, expensive.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Brandon Flowers anyone?

Too small, expensive.
i think this is right. lets let em duke it out in preseason and if we are not satisfied maybe there is someone out there we could get. i think if cully survives his latest drama , i think we are ok esp since we got cox and our rookie, who should be and must be healthy for us this year. maybe cook will be a walt harris pleasant surprise type of guy. we could use a pleasant surprise
Good riddens. He wasn't going to make the team anyway.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Good riddens. He wasn't going to make the team anyway.

you are probably right but its just a bit disappointing he did not even try. oh well i will forget about him by tomorrow . for us homers maybe he saw the guys ahead of him, even cook, were awesome and he knew he could not cut it against that type of competition
No, he was just hurt, IMO. Physically hurting. Munching on pain killers like candy corn. Probably had his doc say, " hey one bad hit and you're not walking anymore." No Mas.
we won't be wasting any time or snaps on a guy who won't be here anyway is one positive takeaway.
Share 49ersWebzone