There are 214 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Niners' Eric Wright retires from football

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000359539/article/niners-eric-wright-retires-from-football
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No surprise. He didnt look 100 % last year at all. Just too hurt. This will disappoi.t some homers. But cant say couldnt see it cpming.

By "homers" he means people who like the 49ers

JOKE!!!!!!
[ Edited by swayze on Jun 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM ]
It was cool because he is a huge 49er fan. Guess his heart isn't into playing anymore because he was playing for his dream team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers CB Eric Wright Retires

The San Francisco 49ers announced cornerback Eric Wright has retired from professional football.

"Last night, Eric reached out to inform us of his plans to retire," said 49ers general manager Trent Baalke. "After a lengthy discussion, it was evident he put a great deal of thought into his decision. Eric has our full support and we wish him and his family nothing but the best."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/San-Francisco-49ers-CB-Eric-Wright-Retires/980215b3-ad30-485d-a1cb-8265535ab69d
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
wow,, last year marlon moore would be a major player for us,, this year erik wright was going to be the surprise starter and a solid pro for us, and vernon is not going to stay away from mandatory stuff.. I amaze myself with my stunning predictions . oh well it saves us from cutting him and wasting a bunch of time with him. maybe they sign someone or they just let who is out there duke it out. wish our rookie was 100 per cent but will not worry bout that till next month. the cully thing is a concern but again it will still be fun to see them all duke it out. i would say chris cook is now my odds on favorite to be a major player for us but with david boston, marlon moore, vernon and now erik wright, i have zero credibility
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
and cox continues to stay and produce
Thanks Eric and goodbye. You weren't going to make the roster in 2014 anyway, so best you retire as a 9er.
Thanks for the pick vs seattle
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Something ain't right with Wright, I hope he ahite doe

Originally posted by buck:
I did not see this coming and I do not understand how this would disappoint some homers.

I wrote this funny long post but then lost it over the net.

Short version: When people complained about Tarell not being resigned, Wright was one of the reasons many people used in rationalizing the decision.

Even though he out-gimped Moss for much of his time here. No matter. He wore the red and gold. Definitely all pro.

Likewise, when concern was voiced at not selecting one of the in demand corners in the draft, again, Wright was one of those named to rationalize the turn of events and scorn any haters who question the fo in these matters.

SO now, the inevitable. Wright fades away. We'll probably lose one or two others by the end of camp once the soft tissue trauma drills specially designed by our training staff kick into high gear. SO yes I am talking about those homers who will find a reason to justify and rationalize every turn of events without holding anyone accountable for the consequences of well intentioned but imperfect and possibly regrettable decisions.

By homers I mean fans without their thinking caps on.
I think Morris is going to turn heads and get PT during the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
I did not see this coming and I do not understand how this would disappoint some homers.

I wrote this funny long post but then lost it over the net.

Short version: When people complained about Tarell not being resigned, Wright was one of the reasons many people used in rationalizing the decision.

Even though he out-gimped Moss for much of his time here. No matter. He wore the red and gold. Definitely all pro.

Likewise, when concern was voiced at not selecting one of the in demand corners in the draft, again, Wright was one of those named to rationalize the turn of events and scorn any haters who question the fo in these matters.

SO now, the inevitable. Wright fades away. We'll probably lose one or two others by the end of camp once the soft tissue trauma drills specially designed by our training staff kick into high gear. SO yes I am talking about those homers who will find a reason to justify and rationalize every turn of events without holding anyone accountable for the consequences of well intentioned but imperfect and possibly regrettable decisions.

By homers I mean fans without their thinking caps on.
i really take offense to your last statement,,,,, are you saying that just because a few of us were hoping, for the good of the team and for him as a player and human being,,,, that wright would make our team and be a great player,,, we did not have our" thinking caps"on? wow. if i mis read your post i am sorry but it seems like just because we wanted a guy to make the team and be good for us, we were stupid?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think Morris is going to turn heads and get PT during the season.

i think cox and cook,,, ahh what the hell do I know?
Share 49ersWebzone