LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Fangio on why Perrish Cox played Sunday instead of Eric Wright: "Perrish had a better week of preparation."

well then..what's the spin now from the wright defenders?

what spin does there need to be? cox and wright are pretty comparable in talent level. cox spent almost 2 years in the system, its not a huge surprise he leap frogged wright last week for snaps. especially since wrights hammy tightened up.
Fangio on why Perrish Cox played Sunday instead of Eric Wright: "Perrish had a better week of preparation."

Well of course Cox had a better week of preparation, Wright was dinged up. Makes perfect sense to me. At first I was a little taken aback with Harbaughs comments, but I really don't think it's anymore than this.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Well of course Cox had a better week of preparation, Wright was dinged up. Makes perfect sense to me. At first I was a little taken aback with Harbaughs comments, but I really don't think it's anymore than this.

lets be honest, if it were some other cb we had signed who had not been with us previously, then yeah it would be a shock that wright got leap frogged. seeing as though it was cox, i wasnt surprised, this guy got key snaps in the nfc title game last year on atlantas last drive. i dont think he is all world or anything, but he he is used to being in our system, even more so than wright.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

lets be honest, if it were some other cb we had signed who had not been with us previously, then yeah it would be a shock that wright got leap frogged. seeing as though it was cox, i wasnt surprised, this guy got key snaps in the nfc title game last year on atlantas last drive. i dont think he is all world or anything, but he he is used to being in our system, even more so than wright.

Bingo.
It was all strategy by the Niners.

They put Cox in because they know it'll make Aaron Rodgers all excited, unfocused, and forget about his assignments.

It worked right?

This week Wright will play more. Again, it's about strategy. The Newtons(Cam) discovered gravity, and the Wrights(Eric) is anti-gravity and go against the Newtons will and invented planes. It's history and strategies.

Calm down people.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Cox coming on (yes i said) right is good news for us. He spent a minute in the Seattle Defense and played against the Offense on a daily basis...should help us out next week.

I wonder if he learned how to get those non-holding calls.
Wright is a home grown and playing for his home town team and loves it.

Doubt that he not taking anything for granted
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

They put Cox in because they know it'll make Aaron Rodgers all excited, unfocused, and forget about his assignments.

It worked right?

This week Wright will play more. Again, it's about strategy. The Newtons(Cam) discovered gravity, and the Wrights(Eric) is anti-gravity and go against the Newtons will and invented planes. It's history and strategies.

Calm down people.

lol
any update on wright?

It worked right?

Calm down people.

They must have some good weed in Hawaii.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I wonder if that really matters for most pros anymore... once it's a business, it stays a business in your heart
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I wonder if that really matters for most pros anymore... once it's a business, it stays a business in your heart
check out his blog

LIVING IN THE DREAM It's still kind of surreal that I'm playing for my hometown team. That alone makes this season a little different for me. I go to work just the same. I prepare and study and work hard as I always have. But I carry an even bigger sense of pride because it is my hometown. I'm representing for a whole city, and my story is one people can look up to because I'm from here....

http://www.ericwright21.com/blog/special-beginnings-and-fond-farewell
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:

It worked right?

Calm down people.

They must have some good weed in Hawaii.

The best brah!
I know he pulled a hamstring, but he is never listed in the injury report?

is Cox just that better? ...or has he fallen out of favor with the coaching staff?

I thought he played well when he was in the starting lineup , but hopefully he can get on the field this weekend, I personally like the guy and hope we keep him next year
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I know he pulled a hamstring, but he is never listed in the injury report?

is Cox just that better? ...or has he fallen out of favor with the coaching staff?

I thought he played well when he was in the starting lineup , but hopefully he can get on the field this weekend, I personally like the guy and hope we keep him next year

Wright slowed down by injury..Cox came in healthy and performed great

i think Harbaugh is going with the hot hand
Share 49ersWebzone