Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by boast:
thank you. that proves injury was a factor then.

why do you think that? u don't think having joe looney active would be more beneficial than eric wright hurt if injury was a factor????

against the pass heavy Packers, secondary depth was more important.

what depth? if he's hurt how is that depth??? stop this

"in an emergency" do you have any clue how easy it is to re-injury a hammy in sub freezing temps? have you ever injured your hammy before? also, will you eat crow if he plays over Cox at CAR?

from maiocco...

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
.@tylerschwalm Eric Wright is fine. Coaches had more faith in Perrish Cox. Carlos Rogers will test hamstring this week to see if he can go

ok hit me w/ ur latest spin to believe eric wright wasn't out played by cox during practice and lost the coaches confidence...i'm eagerly awaiting it

or just eat the plate of crow
what is difference with this tweet and the other tweet ?

nothing, both saying the same thing, cox beat out wright who was healthy

not that hard to realize.

from maiocco...

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
.@tylerschwalm Eric Wright is fine. Coaches had more faith in Perrish Cox. Carlos Rogers will test hamstring this week to see if he can go

ok hit me w/ ur latest spin to believe eric wright wasn't out played by cox during practice and lost the coaches confidence...i'm eagerly awaiting it

your claim of demotion still is not proven. we all know Wright injured a hamstring. also, please listen to Harbs presser today. more than once, he comments on the bad field at Lambeu. this would be the main reason coaches were more confident with Cox out there.

so again stop puffing chest out and thinking your right that Wright was demoted. it's your assumption and not an actual fact.

so maiocco is making up stuff....maiocco's job is just writing his "assumptions" right?

he's the beat writer, he got info and thus reported it

amazing
from maiocco...

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN

your claim of demotion still is not proven. we all know Wright injured a hamstring. also, please listen to Harbs presser today. more than once, he comments on the bad field at Lambeu. this would be the main reason coaches were more confident with Cox out there.

so again stop puffing chest out and thinking your right that Wright was demoted. it's your assumption and not an actual fact.

so maiocco is making up stuff....maiocco's job is just writing his "assumptions" right?

amazing
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
from maiocco...

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN

amazing

but you don't even consider many of the possible reasons like the field conditions. you just fly off the cuff claiming demotion like he's been playing poorly. which is not the case whatsoever.
but you don't even consider many of the possible reasons like the field conditions. you just fly off the cuff claiming demotion like he's been playing poorly. which is not the case whatsoever.

dude, again, maiocco reported coaches didn't have confidence in him

i'm sorry if a beat writer who reports facts and not assumptions isn't enough for you
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

i'm sorry if a beat writer who reports facts and not assumptions isn't enough for you

you're twisting Matt's use of "faith" to fit your argument tho. there is no reason given.
Wtf is the big deal if Cox got the nod over Wright? Wright is always hurt and got burned in NO. He has barely played for us and at this point in his career may be a borderline roster guy.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I just think Cox played over Wright because Cox has been around and played against the Packers 3 times in the last 2 years while he was with us. He played well the 1st game last year when Smith was the QB. I think he was more ready game plan wise. Doesn't mean he is the better player, just means he had all the info and knows what we were looking to do because he was part of 3 defensive instals and 3 games against Rodgers.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
the new question is...

why the hell is Wright chilling in LA?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

No, he reported that they had more faith in Cox. That does not mean they didn't have confidence in Wright. Cox was probably playing really hungry in practice, while two guys were sidelined due to hammies. Good for Cox, but that doesn't mean we have to assume that Wright is in the doghouse. There's just no evidence to support that at this time. A possibility? Sure, but jumping to conclusions doesn't magically make theories into facts.

More faith because Cox knows what we like to do against the Packers. See my post before this one.

First off, I wouldn't believe a word Harbaugh says when it comes to injury status. Second, this is another good "problem" to have. Eric Wright is a good corner. We saw so towards the end of this season. If Perish Cox did in fact look better than him, it says good things about Cox, not something bad about Eric Wright. We are poised to have four very good corners next year, assuming we resign certain guys (Culliver, Brock, Wright, Cox), a promising young player in Darryl Morris, and perhaps rookie that is a high draft pick.

I'm thinking with a weeks rest, Wright should be good to go against Carolina.
Pretty much Wright didn't practice most of the week because of a Hamy problem. If Cox was head and shoulders ahead of Wright they would not have cut him several weeks back. This isn't a conspiracy although those seem to run rampant here in the zone. Like the Refs want a certain team to win over another.
the new question is...

why the hell is Wright chilling in LA?

Wtf is that fool doing?
there is some level of of committment lacking from this guy that the other players on the team have that he doesn't

hey keep flaming me for bringing it up but you're all wondering why he's in LA today and getting mad

something is off about this guy
[ Edited by iLL49er on Jan 6, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
there is some level of of committment lacking from this guy that the other players on the team have that he doesn't

hey keep flaming me for bringing it up but you're all wondering why he's in LA today and getting mad

something is off about this guy

could be a day off.
Share 49ersWebzone