There are 301 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
isnt he still property of TB or did they release him yet? cause the trade was voided...
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
isnt he still property of TB or did they release him yet? cause the trade was voided...

TB released him... if he's cleared waivers, he should be a FA
No he was released by Tampa as soon as the trade was reversed I believe...
If we do sign him, it's going to make us look like morons for not doing our hw in the first place and then backtracking twice. I wonder if he'll even have the motivation to give it his all too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Tampa released him.
Like has been said, if we sign him we are not out the draft pick in doing so this time.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
If we do sign him, it's going to make us look like morons for not doing our hw in the first place and then backtracking twice. I wonder if he'll even have the motivation to give it his all too.
If he makes a better team on the field, I really don't care how people see it. Low risk high reward kind of situation..he wouldnt be getting a big contract or anything..if it doesn't work out for us, then cut him..no biggie
Bet he magically passes a physical this time
  • KK49
  • Veteran

dont care how we will look, if he makes our team better ( which is another question )
Did u see the article that they r trying out Brock to replace Cully ( made me sick , personally, didnt even read it)
I'm guessing he'll majestically pass his physical this time.

im assuming he'll methodically pass his physical this time
I'm assuming he'll mythologically pass his physical this time.
Originally posted by Thechad49:
If he makes a better team on the field, I really don't care how people see it. Low risk high reward kind of situation..he wouldnt be getting a big contract or anything..if it doesn't work out for us, then cut him..no biggie
I think it makes them look better. They get the player without giving away a draft pick. No one here knows why he didn't pass the physical and maybe he was just out of shape and has been working hard. If he is healthy I hope they sign him.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
bet like a magic trick the 49ers pull a passed physical out of the hat.
  • thl408
Originally posted by saj4423:
I think it makes them look better. They get the player without giving away a draft pick. No one here knows why he didn't pass the physical and maybe he was just out of shape and has been working hard. If he is healthy I hope they sign him.

Wouldn't this be a bit conniving in a way? This can be done to almost force teams into awkward positions.

Team A makes a trade for a player from team B, Team A purposely fails the physical so that the trade is nixed. Now the player feels alienated towards his orignal team and front office. "wtf you traded me for a draft pick? F this team, i don't wanna play for them again". Now team B is 'forced' to release him or have a disgruntled player in the lockerroom. Team A signs him without giving up a pick.
Share 49ersWebzone