There are 160 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some good news from yesterday's game: Eric Wright looked very good at CB for his first game in awhile. He covered very well IMO...the long-gain catch Colston made over him was just an amazing catch by Colston - got to give him credit for making a play (Colston started the catch by extending to grab the back-half of the ball). Also, he made some good run-support tackles - he had four tackles overall. Looking forward to seeing him play the rest of the season.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Some good news from yesterday's game: Eric Wright looked very good at CB for his first game in awhile. He covered very well IMO...the long-gain catch Colston made over him was just an amazing catch by Colston - got to give him credit for making a play (Colston started the catch by extending to grab the back-half of the ball). Also, he made some good run-support tackles - he had four tackles overall. Looking forward to seeing him play the rest of the season.

True...BUT, I believe it was game-tying drive when Brees threw one to the back of the end-zone, think it might have been to Stills, and if Wright would've PLAYED THE BALL, he had an easy pick. But he never turned around, pass did fall incomplete, but it was a missed opportunity.
I must have watched a different game yesterday. Wright looked like crap IMO. That play in the endzone was c()nt hair away from being complete because Wright was NOT playing the ball at all. Didn't even look to be playing the man. Brees put that ball in a crazy small window and he's lucky it wasn't completed for a TD. Not saying Cox would have been any better but lets not sugar coat things. Wright was one lucky play away from being blasted by this board relentlessly.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I must have watched a different game yesterday. Wright looked like crap IMO. That play in the endzone was c()nt hair away from being complete because Wright was NOT playing the ball at all. Didn't even look to be playing the man. Brees put that ball in a crazy small window and he's lucky it wasn't completed for a TD. Not saying Cox would have been any better but lets not sugar coat things. Wright was one lucky play away from being blasted by this board relentlessly.

You're focusing on that one play, and in really watching it there was a small chance it would be completed. Sure, Wright could have played that one better, could have turned around, etc. I'm not focusing on that one play - I'm looking at the entire game, watching #30 Wright playing more than he expected with the Brown injury and playing for the first time in what, a year or so? He was right there on his coverages, looked quick, and stuck his nose in there to make run-support tackles, is what I saw (and, 4 tackles is good for a CB just getting back into playing a game). I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything...sure, he had to get rid of some rust after playing more than expected. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year with him back there. We'll see how it plays out.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
True...BUT, I believe it was game-tying drive when Brees threw one to the back of the end-zone, think it might have been to Stills, and if Wright would've PLAYED THE BALL, he had an easy pick. But he never turned around, pass did fall incomplete, but it was a missed opportunity.

and that was a very attainable catch for Stills also.
Yea he didn't look good yesterday. I hope its rust more than anything else.
Meanwhile, Marcus Cooper got torched yesterday in Denver! Lol.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Meanwhile, Marcus Cooper got torched yesterday in Denver! Lol.

He was certainly targeted...finished pretty strong but thought that long pass was a result of the WR pushing him off to gain that 3-4 yards of separation (no call).
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea he didn't look good yesterday. I hope its rust more than anything else.

Lets hope so. He looked like s**t.
It's been one game. Let's not overreact.

Still Cooper >>> Wright

Originally posted by AMBITION:
It's been one game.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a pretty poor game. I don't remember Wright ever even being aware enough to turn around when the ball came his way.

Hopefully he gets back into the rhythm as time goes by.
He doesn't even turn around to locate the ball
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yea Wright! He is probably on top of the world right now. Sealing a huge win against our biggest rival with an INT in SF!
Im willing to bet he just accomplished a lifelong dream on the int today.
Love the way Wright played, he was very good in coverage, when Brown returns, the 49ers will be even tougher, secondary has been on point for the most part. The biggest plays given up today were on Willis......not really his fault, not much he could do against a super fast TE, it got taken care of in the 2nd half though.
Share 49ersWebzone