There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by eonblue:
I don't think Asomugha was that bad this year. You say he sucks but he didn't give away anymore than Brown or Rogers. Maybes thats just my perception but then again that's what we're talking about.

I liked Cox in the preseason. I thought he was really good in coverage. I think we need to continue the TO trend and Wright seems pretty equipped at that. They'll probably let Asomugha go since he's leaving next year anyway. I think they have Cox for another year so that makes sense.

Hell for all we know they'll cut Morris but I don't think that would be a good idea considering how good he has been on special teams thus far.

the narrative was that nnamdi was horrible so that's what everyone has ran with. he played pretty well, he wasn't getting interceptions like brock is but people are sitting here acting like HE was the liability in the passing game when he wasn't like rogers doesn't regularly get toasted in the slot. nobody says a peep about that, its easier to pick on and call for the head of the person who is down in their career.

brock should be the #3 corner back but nnamdi wasn't horrible as people are trying to force feed us into believing

Agree with you guys here. If there is a way we can keep him as a veteran backup and allow him to continue to learn the playbook, he could pay off down the road if we have an injury anywhere esp. given we are so heavy in DB formations.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agree with you guys here. If there is a way we can keep him as a veteran backup and allow him to continue to learn the playbook, he could pay off down the road if we have an injury anywhere esp. given we are so heavy in DB formations.

i think this is spot on. i think we should find a way to keep him. we have been lucky with no major injuries and have dodged some bullets but you never know what could happen down the road here. sure he is not the player he once was but if two guys go down, i think he would be a good band aid as compared to trying to find a willie middlebrooks
huge gamble with this guy
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Aso wasn't bad in coverage, but I think they scrapped him because he couldn't tackle a girl scout if he had to. Our D HAS to make tackles or it's not effective. Aso was not very good in run support or taking down a ball carrier.
Mort just reported just now that Aso will be released for Wright's return.
I think Brock did such a good job in replacement of Nnamdi, they probably feel they can release Nnamdi and still take a chance on Wright.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Brock did such a good job in replacement of Nnamdi, they probably feel they can release Nnamdi and still take a chance on Wright.

that's all that happened. nnamdi got hurt and then brock came in and made so many big impact plays immediately it was hard to take him out.
If Nnamdi could cover like he did when he was a Raider, his lack of tackling skills would be overlooked. But he isn't that guy anymore so we did the right thing and let him go. He could start (sad to say) for most teams in the NFL right now. I hope he goes to Seattle, I know for sure we would have someone we could beat in man 2 man coverage then.
Does anybody knows how good this guy is? Is he worth Nhamdi's spot? I'm asking because I really don't know about this guy, not trying to down him or anything.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If Nnamdi could cover like he did when he was a Raider, his lack of tackling skills would be overlooked. But he isn't that guy anymore so we did the right thing and let him go. He could start (sad to say) for most teams in the NFL right now. I hope he goes to Seattle, I know for sure we would have someone we could beat in man 2 man coverage then.

i hope he goes to the raiders they clearly need help. anyone in the afc.

i also hope that eric wright is in great form. the secondary is about to get a huge boost because of tank and aldon coming back so they won't even be required to cover as long as they have been the past 5 games.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Does anybody knows how good this guy is? Is he worth Nhamdi's spot? I'm asking because I really don't know about this guy, not trying to down him or anything.

we don't know. he's younger and that's about it as far as what we can look to. we have to see him in action
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

we don't know. he's younger and that's about it as far as what we can look to. we have to see him in action
In his 4 years in Cleavland and 1 in Detroit he only missed 5 games and Had 13 interceptions. He also averaged 65 tackles per season and 4.3 per game along with 3 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. last year he only played in 10 games for the bucs with all his issues and it was the bucs so kinda a wash.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
In his 4 years in Cleavland and 1 in Detroit he only missed 5 games and Had 13 interceptions. He also averaged 65 tackles per season and 4.3 per game along with 3 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. last year he only played in 10 games for the bucs with all his issues and it was the bucs so kinda a wash.

with us i don't even know what he's going to be asked to do. our top 3 are set right? i guess when we play the saints and teams like that he'll get plenty of action. i just hope that he's good for it and i hope that the line turns up the pressure stuffs the run and sacks the qb so our db's can improve on their play. pressure causes turnovers, so far the db's have been getting them just off of superior technique and great knowledge from watching film and knowing what the other team is trying to do
Hope he can come in & contribute to the defense without missing a beat. His return only helps make us a stronger & healthier team.
Wright could be a homerun for us if he has moved on from his past. He is effective on the outside or the slot. I feel pretty good about this guy. He will take Rogers' place next year and will be an upgrade by then.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home