There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
I believe he is in Rehab....same as Aldon Smith, which has me worried because if so that means Aldon will be lost for the Majority of the season....

I bet you that's it.

"We are pleased to welcome Eric to the 49ers organization and look forward to his contributions," Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "Eric is currently tending to a personal matter and he will join the team as soon as possible."

Tending to personal matters = rehab

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,310
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
I believe he is in Rehab....same as Aldon Smith, which has me worried because if so that means Aldon will be lost for the Majority of the season....

I bet you that's it.

"We are pleased to welcome Eric to the 49ers organization and look forward to his contributions," Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "Eric is currently tending to a personal matter and he will join the team as soon as possible."

Tending to personal matters = rehab


It would have to be an outpatient program since he has been practicing with the team for quiet some time now.
Eric Wright has been practicing on the side or adjoining field for a little while now. All the beat writers tweeted when he officially "joined" the team. Im hopeful he can come in and be a number 3 hell maybe even a number 2. Unfortunately in the NFL if a guy is getting paid like Carlos Rogers they play him. If Wright is playing better, and all the hate on Nambi has been a little unwarranted IMO. He has not been that bad. PI call on him was BOGUS by the way. Anyway if Nnamdi can still play decent on bigger WR's i would love in my dream scenario where everyone plays to their potential and fits our scheme well to see


Brown
Wright
Nnamdi

No particular order although Brown probably stays #1 and he probably is our best corner. He was starting to try and play aggressive like SEA DB's as the coaches probably said "let it rip, if other teams are going to do it" But they flagged him. Those were deserved penalties but nothing more than we get everytime in the Northwest but whatever, I think if we start to establish our corners as physical players and do that stuff every down like SEA. they cant call it all the time, as someone said refs have to keep the speed of the game somewhat reasonable. I would love if everyone could cover like Revis in his prime, but playing physical is alright with me if they can be smart with it, but do it when they are shielded from the refs.

Oh and another tangent, one tactic i saw SEA DB's using that we should try is when one of our receivers would be just a bit out front of them they would almost like tangle their feet , in a weird way where they werent getting tripped or anything, and it wasn't on full speed routes, it would be on like shallow crossings etc. But it would slow up the player and keep them lock step with the DB
[ Edited by jcashen87 on Sep 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
I believe he is in Rehab....same as Aldon Smith, which has me worried because if so that means Aldon will be lost for the Majority of the season....

I bet you that's it.

"We are pleased to welcome Eric to the 49ers organization and look forward to his contributions," Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "Eric is currently tending to a personal matter and he will join the team as soon as possible."

Tending to personal matters = rehab


It would have to be an outpatient program since he has been practicing with the team for quiet some time now.



Do any of you think he has been out because of the BUCS MRSA situation?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1807748-nflpa-reportedly-may-advise-bucs-and-eagles-not-to-play-depending-on-mrsa-report?hpt=hp_t2
Originally posted by GodismyLight:
Do any of you think he has been out because of the BUCS MRSA situation?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1807748-nflpa-reportedly-may-advise-bucs-and-eagles-not-to-play-depending-on-mrsa-report?hpt=hp_t2

Could be...scary!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GodismyLight:
Do any of you think he has been out because of the BUCS MRSA situation?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1807748-nflpa-reportedly-may-advise-bucs-and-eagles-not-to-play-depending-on-mrsa-report?hpt=hp_t2

Could be...scary!

That's a good question. Last thing we want to do is bring someone infected into our locker room and have it spread. I'm sure when he took a physical they checked him for that kind of stuff. If he did have it I don't think he's worth bringing in and if they did I hope like heck they are monitoring it closely and taking the proper precautions. I was under the impression his problems were off the field. I don't think he is even injured.


I found some highlights of the Lions season that got Wright the big Tampa contract.

He's #21. He plays RCB and slot mostly but they shuffle him around. He has 3-4 picks and a couple of PDs.

He seems very instinctive. His INTs evidence that skill. Couple of breaks on the ball. Reminds me of Brock. I think this season he would be best as the 4th corner playing slot. Hes better than Cox and his instinctive could lwad to a couple of turnovers in the congested 4WR sets.

With that being said after the Titans game I don't think were going to take out 52/53 out of the game. They looked lights in coverage when asked to.cover in 4wrs sets besides 52s big reception to Walker. We would have to take out a safety or MLB so I don't think Wright sees much playing time.

Asomugha or Cox are getting cut soon.

Enjoy the vid.

Here at the times that Eric Wright makes a play.
:19 - pass break up, 2:10 - pick, 2:50 - pick
3:00 - pick, 4:47 - forced fumble (amazing play!), 5:00 - yet another pick!
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChV1vkeq70&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I found some highlights of the Lions season that got Wright the big Tampa contract.

He's #21. He plays RCB and slot mostly but they shuffle him around. He has 3-4 picks and a couple of PDs.

He seems very instinctive. His INTs evidence that skill. Couple of breaks on the ball. Reminds me of Brock. I think this season he would be beat as the 4th corner. Hes better than Cox and his instinctiveness could lwad to a couple of tunovers in the congested 4WR sets.

With that being said after the Titans game I dont think were going to take out 52/53 out of the game. They looked lights in coverage when asked to.cover in 4wrs sets besidea 52s big recption to Walker. We would have to take out a safety or MLB so I dont think Wright sees much playing time.

Asomugha or Cox are getting cut soon.

Enjoy the vid.

asomugha is toast. dude sucks this year. cox should be returning kicks since they dont like lamichael james for some stupid reason. cox was a good returner in preseason and kyle just fair catches everything
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That's a good question. Last thing we want to do is bring someone infected into our locker room and have it spread. I'm sure when he took a physical they checked him for that kind of stuff. If he did have it I don't think he's worth bringing in and if they did I hope like heck they are monitoring it closely and taking the proper precautions. I was under the impression his problems were off the field. I don't think he is even injured.


Seeing as how about 1/3 of the population is a carrier for MRSA at any given moment, I don't see that its a huge deal. There's probably employees on the training staff who are carriers of MRSA, the important thing is to keep the facilities clean and to utilize as many countermeasures as possible, including player education, to prevent infection. You can always go the Dan Synder route and drop like $100,00 to install UV lights, get rid of benches in the locker room....etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
asomugha is toast. dude sucks this year. cox should be returning kicks since they dont like lamichael james for some stupid reason. cox was a good returner in preseason and kyle just fair catches everything

I don't think Asomugha was that bad this year. You say he sucks but he didn't give away anymore than Brown or Rogers. Maybes thats just my perception but then again that's what we're talking about.

I liked Cox in the preseason. I thought he was really good in coverage. I think we need to continue the TO trend and Wright seems pretty equipped at that. They'll probably let Asomugha go since he's leaving next year anyway. I think they have Cox for another year so that makes sense.

Hell for all we know they'll cut Morris but I don't think that would be a good idea considering how good he has been on special teams thus far.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I don't think Asomugha was that bad this year. You say he sucks but he didn't give away anymore than Brown or Rogers. Maybes thats just my perception but then again that's what we're talking about.

I liked Cox in the preseason. I thought he was really good in coverage. I think we need to continue the TO trend and Wright seems pretty equipped at that. They'll probably let Asomugha go since he's leaving next year anyway. I think they have Cox for another year so that makes sense.

Hell for all we know they'll cut Morris but I don't think that would be a good idea considering how good he has been on special teams thus far.

the narrative was that nnamdi was horrible so that's what everyone has ran with. he played pretty well, he wasn't getting interceptions like brock is but people are sitting here acting like HE was the liability in the passing game when he wasn't like rogers doesn't regularly get toasted in the slot. nobody says a peep about that, its easier to pick on and call for the head of the person who is down in their career.

brock should be the #3 corner back but nnamdi wasn't horrible as people are trying to force feed us into believing
Is Wright even that good? Don't know much about this guy.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Is Wright even that good? Don't know much about this guy.

I posted a video above along with linear notations of every defensive play Wright made.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Is Wright even that good? Don't know much about this guy.

His versatility to defend outside and in the slot is the reason we waited around on him ....he could make our pass defense very difficult to play against , especially if Brock continues to improve , we'll have the toughest nickel & dime sets in the league ....bring on these pass happy teams , we'll bring the blanket and smother em