There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Keep with it LB, best choice you ever made.
From 5 pages back, the comment that "looks like Wright passed his 2nd physical"., I have only this comment:
Getting your DUI removed from the calendar by the DA has a way of making a STRONG CORNER pass his 2nd phys exam.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
From 5 pages back, the comment that "looks like Wright passed his 2nd physical"., I have only this comment:
Getting your DUI removed from the calendar by the DA has a way of making a STRONG CORNER pass his 2nd phys exam.

lol

I don't doubt that at all.
From now on, every time we have to make a cut, that is realistically a guy who very well may end up starting elsewhere.

It's a good position to be in, but simultaneously, it's a bad position to be in, knowing your cut is someone else's starter.

It looks like our biggest threat isn't the Seahawks or the Rams. It's the salary cap and the 53 man roster limit.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
While this is true, if a CB blankets a receiver and forces the QB to go in a different direction, no stat is obtained.

PFF has three stats that attempt to take that into account.

1. Cover Snaps per target
2. yards per cover snap
3. cover snaps per reception
Tough to grade a CB with stats or non-stats because the position is more dependent on playing in conjunction with the other DBs. And also game situations. Unless he's a dominate player like Deion Sanders or consistently taken advantage of, a good CB may get overlooked by stats.

For example, 3 &12, the WR caught one in front of the CB. But it's a 11yds gain, short of the 1st down marker. That's a catch given up by the CB, but it's actually a win for the defender because he was able to defend the first down marker. Or he jostle with the WR enough to throw off the timing to be an incomplete pass without being called for PI. That's a win with no stats.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]

Speaking of STRONG CORNERS bud ... how about Darryl Morris! His name continues to be mentioned when he gets a chance.
Great addition. Vets are always welcome. If he plays well he could replace Rodgers next year if he fits our system.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Great addition. Vets are always welcome. If he plays well he could replace Rodgers next year if he fits our system.

Aaron?
You are on today, NC.
Originally posted by buck:
PFF has three stats that attempt to take that into account.

1. Cover Snaps per target
2. yards per cover snap
3. cover snaps per reception

Does PFF, or any other stats keeping entity, keep track of quality of competition? This is done in hockey where the level of competition is weighed when grading the performance of a player.

For example, if Aldon beats a run of the mill tackle for a sack, he is not given as much credit than if he were to beat someone like Jason Peters (very good LT). With the unbalanced schedule of the NFL, I think it's very important to weigh "quality of competition".

As it relates to DBs, if a CB shuts down Megatron, he should be given way more credit than if he shuts down a low tier WR.
I know it's a much-used phrase, but it's true...you can never have too many good CB's. Wright's got plenty of on-field ability...it's off the field he's had some problems.
so when is this guy supposed to be in camp?
You are on today, NC.

Hehehe...shhhh
Originally posted by matt49er:
so when is this guy supposed to be in camp?

Many inquiring minds want to know!