There are 159 users in the forums

Is there something wrong with our training staff?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Football is a rough game. Injuries happen. We are just really unlucky lately.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Law of averages catching up. Remember years ago when the team lost 4 of its 5 CBs, and we were calling guys off Fed Ex trucks to play on Sunday.

That was Maurice Hicks. He was a running back, and a really nice player for us.
We need some Aderrall.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

If a player is coming in off 2 hours sleep and partying, they are most at risk for the kind of cns malfunction that causes tears, strains and muscle pulls.

It's absolutely a trainers job, imo, to bring that to coaches attention and single out players for warm up only or some other non strenuous status designation.

A fine or other punishment is suitable imo.

What is this about? Who are the players on the team that are partying and getting 2 hours of sleep the night before a practice?
[ Edited by buck on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM ]
for f**ks sake lock this s**t mods.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It wouldn't hurt for some of these guys to stay in decent shape all yr round... do a lot of them just wait till camp starts and then they go all out when their bodies haven't done much for months

Jerry Rice could give them some advice...
We should hire the phoenix suns training staff. We'd never an injury ever again
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
It wouldn't hurt for some of these guys to stay in decent shape all yr round... do a lot of them just wait till camp starts and then they go all out when their bodies haven't done much for months

Which 49ers do not stay in shape all year round or haven't done much for months? Please, give us names and details.
yeah van't blame trainers for freak accidents in a contact sport. Willis will be fine. There is a lot of stress on the body esp as it trys to adapt to the rigors of TC. Some players could of been out of shape (crabtree) some just unlucky.
Just listened to #53 on Murph and Mac and he summed it up best, "The formula is here, we know how to get there".

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Which 49ers do not stay in shape all year round or haven't done much for months? Please, give us names and details.

Well, notice this guy ()... I'm not really sure if that is the case, but unless JR was superhuman, why was he hardly ever injured?

I'm wondering if the type of conditioning in the off season plays a part with the body being ready for what TC puts one through.

Then again, could it just be (purely) unfortunate times
  • buck
  • Veteran

Well, notice this guy ()... I'm not really sure if that is the case, but unless JR was superhuman, why was he hardly ever injured?

I'm wondering if the type of conditioning in the off season plays a part with the body being ready for what TC puts one through.

I read to mean you did not know why the players did not stay in shape.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM ]

JR ran a lot, which helps with his endurance, which can help with feeling strong on your feet at all times, but I think the biggest thing, was that Rice had a natural feel for the game, and knew how to control himself and not get caught up in awkward angles etc.
What is this about? Who are the players on the team that are partying and getting 2 hours of sleep the night before a practice?

Who would know this? There's plenty of items in the news that would lead one to infer the level of maturity isn't high for some twenty-something millionaires on the team (though not necessarily better or worse than other teams). The point is, when non-contact injuries happen, you look to see where is the player with regard to the basics -- nutrition, recovery, flexibility. There's often a correlation.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Who would know this? There's plenty of items in the news that would lead one to infer the level of maturity isn't high for some twenty-something millionaires on the team (though not necessarily better or worse than other teams). The point is, when non-contact injuries happen, you look to see where is the player with regard to the basics -- nutrition, recovery, flexibility. There's often a correlation.

Share 49ersWebzone