LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Is there something wrong with our training staff?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
They should not be going full speed and full contact right now. And if they are, I blame Harbaugh first.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
They should not be going full speed and full contact right now. And if they are, I blame Harbaugh first.

jeez i don't know how some could be stopped. sounds like culliver got hurt on special teams and you pretty much gotta go full speed in that, i think the willis thing was just a freak thing like when a quarterback hits his hand on someones helmet. the others sound like they are just muscle pulls and strains which are common? i do not know since i never played the game ,. Now with the muscle pulls maybe you can make a case that the guys were not in good shape coming in but in the case of jenkins,, he allegedly , if you believe reports, had a fine off season and should have been in good shape. kyle williams on the other hand, was rehabbing so maybe he just pulled a muscle he was not used to using i do not think this coach unlike the nutcracker f**khead we had in here is not intentionally putting the players in harms way. of course, as i have been reminded by posters,, i am not at practice so i really do not know whats going on
We've been extraordinarily healthy the past several seasons. Every once in a while you don't get that luxury. Injuries have a certain degree of randomness to them. This year we're getting hit hard in the early going.
The training staff is only able to monitor these guys while at the facility. The focus is usually building power and explosiveness. While there is some stretching involved I doubt the training staff wants to put everyone through a one hour yoga session when everyones time is very limited. Its up to the players to take those extra steps like yoga on their own to ensure they minimize the possibility of injuries. Some injuries are unavoidable, some can be prevented but the only people accountable are the players themselves to put their body in the best position possible. We have been very lucky over the years now statistics is evening the equation.
Originally posted by 5280High:
The training staff is only able to monitor these guys while at the facility. The focus is usually building power and explosiveness. While there is some stretching involved I doubt the training staff wants to put everyone through a one hour yoga session when everyones time is very limited. Its up to the players to take those extra steps like yoga on their own to ensure they minimize the possibility of injuries. Some injuries are unavoidable, some can be prevented but the only people accountable are the players themselves to put their body in the best position possible. We have been very lucky over the years now statistics is evening the equation.

We will still be a force year in year out. The mindset of this team is amazing!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
oh boy. smh
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Must be the new stadium turf.

ah, that explains why jenkins always falls down at the line of scrimmage. i knew there had to be a logical answer. if there was not i would be tempted to call him inept

So wait, what are you feelings about Jenkins?
next man up

we still have rogers, nnamdi, cox and brown

who are our mlb?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

ah, that explains why jenkins always falls down at the line of scrimmage. i knew there had to be a logical answer. if there was not i would be tempted to call him inept

very disappointed so far but hoping he gets better so he can play in some pre season games to see what hes got. probably no different than alot of people here. if he struggles after four games while people like hall and more continue to bust it , i think you really need to think about letting him go, despite the fact he is a number one pick. i hope he will practice this coming week, i hope he plays next saturday, as i said, not afraid to say i am wrong, hell last year I clung to the old time and worn out theory you HAD to play well at the end of the year,. we struggled at the end of the year and i did not think we would win a playoff game,, was wrong there, if i am wrong about jenkins, so what?

very disappointed so far but hoping he gets better so he can play in some pre season games to see what hes got. probably no different than alot of people here. if he struggles after four games while people like hall and more continue to bust it , i think you really need to think about letting him go, despite the fact he is a number one pick. i hope he will practice this coming week, i hope he plays next saturday, as i said, not afraid to say i am wrong, hell last year I clung to the old time and worn out theory you HAD to play well at the end of the year,. we struggled at the end of the year and i did not think we would win a playoff game,, was wrong there, if i am wrong about jenkins, so what?

So you don't like him?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
next man up

we still have rogers, nnamdi, cox and brown

who are our mlb?

shoot, thank you,, i always forget about cox, a very respectable back up,, ok we got those four and a couple of kids. with a good pass rush we will be ok
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

So you don't like him?
now,, at this point in time? no. but i am always open to change. he needs to get back on the practice field which would be a good first step for him. never liked steve young, wanted to trade him for derick thomas and start bono. see i admit it and wants what is best for the team. if its jenkins so be it,, if its moore, like i think it will be, so be it
Law of averages catching up. Remember years ago when the team lost 4 of its 5 CBs, and we were calling guys off Fed Ex trucks to play on Sunday.
Nothing wrong with our training staff. Injuries suck but it's part of playing a sport like football.
Did not really read much through this thread but in harbaugh's first year toward the end of the season, an article was written about how a new stretching routine was implemented and attributed to decreasing injuries drastically, up until the end of the season when all the receivers became injured... Maybe that began the curse !!
Share 49ersWebzone