LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Is there something wrong with our training staff?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We seem to have a lot of injuries both minor and major. It was brought up that Patrick Willis has broken his right hand 3/6 years in the league. Isn't it the training staffs job to do something about it after the first time??

It seems every year we have a catastrophic injury at receiver with manningham Williams and crab. And don't forget Brandon carswell who I believe we waived. I know he wasn't here long but I'm thinking it had something to do with the way the trainers prepare these guys

Fleming and now cully go down with acl's. wtf is going on?
I doubt its the training staff, i would guess its the players just training hard and pushing there limits.
Originally posted by spizzy:
We seem to have a lot of injuries both minor and major. It was brought up that Patrick Willis has broken his right hand 3/6 years in the league. Isn't it the training staffs job to do something about it after the first time??

It seems every year we have a catastrophic injury at receiver with manningham Williams and crab. And don't forget Brandon carswell who I believe we waived. I know he wasn't here long but I'm thinking it had something to do with the way the trainers prepare these guys

Fleming and now cully go down with acl's. wtf is going on?

We have been relatively healthy as a team the last 2 seasons. Thing is we have also played deep into the postseason these last 2 seasons also and bodies will suffer injury at some point. The 2 major injuries are to guys that have played extensively the last 2 seasons
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I doubt its the training staff, i would guess its the players just training hard and pushing there limits.

But the injuries seem to consistent
North Koreans

Fire him

Yes, Cully looked to be in excellent shape. Its football, injuries happen!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

it's happening all over the league.

We have been consistently healthy compared to other teams the previous 2 seasons and most of our free agents rave about our training staff. This is the culmination of 2 consecutive Super Bowl runs
  • buck
  • Veteran

Muscles get bigger and stronger, and generate more power. Will pushes the muscles to maximum exertion. The joints can not handle the generated power.

Just my theory. I have no idea if it has any basis.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
M
Originally posted by buck:

Muscles get bigger and stronger, and generate more power. Will pushes the muscles to maximum exertion. The joints can not handle the generated power.

Just my theory. I have no idea if it has any basis.

Maybe we need to order some....

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

We have been consistently healthy compared to other teams the previous 2 seasons and most of our free agents rave about our training staff. This is the culmination of 2 consecutive Super Bowl runs

2? Did I miss one?
I don't think ACL tears are an indictment on our training staff. Those types of injuries are random and shouldn't be looked at as a sign that the player, training staff, or coaches are doing anything wrong. It's just bad luck.
There are injury prevention measure though. I hope these questions are brought up with the team.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Cully angered the gay gods of San Francisco. Can't put that on the training staff.

Lol, funny & stupid at the same time
Originally posted by olapac:
I don't think ACL tears are an indictment on our training staff. Those types of injuries are random and shouldn't be looked at as a sign that the player, training staff, or coaches are doing anything wrong. It's just bad luck.

Let me also add - if I recall correctly, we've had a major injury occur to a starter or major contributor in every TC for the past few years.
2012 - Parys Haralson
2011 - Nate Byham
2010 - Scott McKillop

It sucks, but it happens. Luckily, those injuries haven't slowed us down and I expect the same to happen this year.
Share 49ersWebzone