There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

We will be fine, barring anymore serious injuries to the likes of kaep, smiths. I would say the defense will be back to 2011 form. We have a revamped front 7, an "upgrade" at the NT position, and hopefully a productive rookie class. If Ian W. performs like boone did last year, then it will be tough to run on us this year. Remember 2011 when no one even scored a rushing TD on us till what, week 16? Last year teams ran all over us, mostly cuz soap was uneffective and the smith injuries.

I know kaep will score points. I truly believe he is a QB who makes other receivers around him better. So if the defense can continue its dominance we will be fine. Losing cully sucks but I believe Asomough will offset that injury, possibly even an upgrade. It is still Super Bowl or Bust.
This injury might make it easier to re-sign Culliver.
It sucks this happened to him cause before the playoffs he was looking like a solid back up corner. But this isn't the end of the world i think Nnamdi will fill his spot also there is the option of bringing Wright back for Culliver it's sad this happened but hes young and showing good skills look forward to seeing him next season.
Reports from scouts that Nnamdi can't run anymore, he was abysmal in Philadelphia, and was forced to play press coverage more than any other CB in the league to (barely) cover (no pun intended) the fact up. Other than a slip up or two in the Super Bowl, none of those even begin to describe Culliver.

If the pass rush doesn't get better, or Justin Smith starts to slip, this'll be a bigger loss than Crabtree.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Reports from scouts that Nnamdi can't run anymore, he was abysmal in Philadelphia, and was forced to play press coverage more than any other CB in the league to (barely) cover (no pun intended) the fact up. Other than a slip up or two in the Super Bowl, none of those even begin to describe Culliver.

If the pass rush doesn't get better, or Justin Smith starts to slip, this'll be a bigger loss than Crabtree.

What scouts? Reports from coaches are saying otherwise. I'll take their words over scouts.
Originally posted by Raul98:
It sucks this happened to him cause before the playoffs he was looking like a solid back up corner. But this isn't the end of the world i think Nnamdi will fill his spot also there is the option of bringing Wright back for Culliver it's sad this happened but hes young and showing good skills look forward to seeing him next season.



He was one of the top cornerback's in the NFL in the regular season last year. LOL at "solid back up."
One thing I've really been pleased with seeing over the last few years is how close the team has gotten. From what I read from Maiocco, the support they gave Culliver when he went down was awesome.

It does suck, but injuries happen, and that's part of the game. The most important part is not only wishing Culliver well wishes on a speedy recovery, but trusting that Harbaugh and Baalke have drafted enough depth and trained the existing talent to fill in the holes to where we may not even notice that he was gone.
[ Edited by Protoman on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 141
Originally posted by Protoman:
One thing I've really been pleased with seeing over the last few years is how close the team has gotten. From what I read from Maiocco, the support they gave Culliver when he went down was awesome.

It does suck, but injuries happen, and that's part of the game. The most important part is not only wishing Culliver well wishes on a speedy recovery, but trusting that Harbaugh and Baalke have drafted enough depth and trained the existing talent to fill in the holes to where we may not even notice that he was gone.
atleast now Cooper has better chance to make the team ( if they dont sign Wright of course)
Call me crazy, but i'm not worried one bit. The guy got absolutely LIT UP in the superbowl. If it wasn't for Culliver we would have won.
Originally posted by VDSF:
So..

We sign Moss in '12 and Manningham goes down.

We sign Nmamdi and Culliver goes down.


at least we had manningham for a good chunk of the season before he went down.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Call me crazy, but i'm not worried one bit. The guy got absolutely LIT UP in the superbowl. If it wasn't for Culliver we would have won.

the special teams gave up a TD. Whitner can't cover if his life depended on it. our corners cant play the f**king jump ball if their lives depended on it. kaep threw a pick in which moss didnt even try to reach. Lamichael james fumbled......

Originally posted by defenderDX:
the special teams gave up a TD. Whitner can't cover if his life depended on it. our corners cant play the f**king jump ball if their lives depended on it. kaep threw a pick in which moss didnt even try to reach. Lamichael james fumbled......


Good point, but when you watch the highlights of that game, all I saw was culliver running after his man. Culliver was the one giving up penalties, and key catched on 3 and long or 4th down plays..
Again..a lot went wrong that game, but i'm not worried about losing him. Good player, but not essential.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,146
Culliver is toast as a CB, no big loss.
Some of you guys are hilarious to say he sucks based on one game! Yes it was the SB and he was terrible in that game, but he was arguably our best corner the entire season and one of the better corners in the nfl. To go by your rational all players in the NFL sucks cuz everyone has bad games. SMFH!!
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
the special teams gave up a TD. Whitner can't cover if his life depended on it. our corners cant play the f**king jump ball if their lives depended on it. kaep threw a pick in which moss didnt even try to reach. Lamichael james fumbled......


Good point, but when you watch the highlights of that game, all I saw was culliver running after his man. Culliver was the one giving up penalties, and key catched on 3 and long or 4th down plays..
Again..a lot went wrong that game, but i'm not worried about losing him. Good player, but not essential.

I understand. he really only gave up that one big play to jacoby jones in my book