LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Raul98:
It sucks this happened to him cause before the playoffs he was looking like a solid back up corner. But this isn't the end of the world i think Nnamdi will fill his spot also there is the option of bringing Wright back for Culliver it's sad this happened but hes young and showing good skills look forward to seeing him next season.

He was one of the top cornerback's in the NFL in the regular season last year. LOL at "solid back up."
One thing I've really been pleased with seeing over the last few years is how close the team has gotten. From what I read from Maiocco, the support they gave Culliver when he went down was awesome.

It does suck, but injuries happen, and that's part of the game. The most important part is not only wishing Culliver well wishes on a speedy recovery, but trusting that Harbaugh and Baalke have drafted enough depth and trained the existing talent to fill in the holes to where we may not even notice that he was gone.
[ Edited by Protoman on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Protoman:
One thing I've really been pleased with seeing over the last few years is how close the team has gotten. From what I read from Maiocco, the support they gave Culliver when he went down was awesome.

It does suck, but injuries happen, and that's part of the game. The most important part is not only wishing Culliver well wishes on a speedy recovery, but trusting that Harbaugh and Baalke have drafted enough depth and trained the existing talent to fill in the holes to where we may not even notice that he was gone.
atleast now Cooper has better chance to make the team ( if they dont sign Wright of course)
Call me crazy, but i'm not worried one bit. The guy got absolutely LIT UP in the superbowl. If it wasn't for Culliver we would have won.
Originally posted by VDSF:
So..

We sign Moss in '12 and Manningham goes down.

We sign Nmamdi and Culliver goes down.

at least we had manningham for a good chunk of the season before he went down.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Call me crazy, but i'm not worried one bit. The guy got absolutely LIT UP in the superbowl. If it wasn't for Culliver we would have won.

the special teams gave up a TD. Whitner can't cover if his life depended on it. our corners cant play the f**king jump ball if their lives depended on it. kaep threw a pick in which moss didnt even try to reach. Lamichael james fumbled......

Originally posted by defenderDX:
the special teams gave up a TD. Whitner can't cover if his life depended on it. our corners cant play the f**king jump ball if their lives depended on it. kaep threw a pick in which moss didnt even try to reach. Lamichael james fumbled......

Good point, but when you watch the highlights of that game, all I saw was culliver running after his man. Culliver was the one giving up penalties, and key catched on 3 and long or 4th down plays..
Again..a lot went wrong that game, but i'm not worried about losing him. Good player, but not essential.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Culliver is toast as a CB, no big loss.
Some of you guys are hilarious to say he sucks based on one game! Yes it was the SB and he was terrible in that game, but he was arguably our best corner the entire season and one of the better corners in the nfl. To go by your rational all players in the NFL sucks cuz everyone has bad games. SMFH!!
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Good point, but when you watch the highlights of that game, all I saw was culliver running after his man. Culliver was the one giving up penalties, and key catched on 3 and long or 4th down plays..
Again..a lot went wrong that game, but i'm not worried about losing him. Good player, but not essential.

I understand. he really only gave up that one big play to jacoby jones in my book

Originally posted by mayo49:
Culliver is toast as a CB, no big loss.
Lol no
get well :(
Baalke may be scouring the FA CB market as we speak, the way he did in bringing in Collie and Hawkins for the crippled WR corps.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1h RT @klynch49: Friends of CB Eric Wright said he spent time with #49ers GM Trent Baalke on Thursday. Must pass physical to sign.

We want eazy!
Well, clap ya hands then-come on
Clap ya hands everybody
Clap ya hands, come on, come on
Put ya hands together and clap 'em
Now can y'all say Eazy
Come on, say it

Smart. Baalke is on it. We may be able to sign him for cheap and keep the low draft pick.

We also have some pretty decent depth even without Culliver. I'm fine with Rogers, Brown, Asomougha as our top 3. Of course having a starting caliber corner in Chris Culliver would do wonders, but if anything, i think we are about the same as pass defense with this injury.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone