LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

Alex Smith
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Parys Haralson

Yeah but they don't count

Lol. You guys have a point, but do you really feel that we've been injury prone in recent years?

Just as much, if not more than now.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

Alex Smith
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Parys Haralson

Yeah but they don't count

Lol. You guys have a point, but do you really feel that we've been injury prone in recent years?

Just as much, if not more than now.

Jesus Christ you guys know how many injuries occur each year? The Ravens were banged up all season and won the SB.

We lost our #3 CB for the season, everyone else is coming back at some point in the season.

Maddog, not even close bud, we still have all pieces that got us to the ship last yr minus Cully and get Crabtree back for 2nd half of season with a healthy front 7 and Kaepernick with a full offseason to prepare as starter and a big f**king badass O-line f grown men who will hurt ppl.

Anyways, I bet we still roll teams. Players step up when injuries occur. To say we can't repeat last year is pathetic unless you have a time machine or you're just a troll trying to scare everyone. Smfh at you sir.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Culliver was trash in the Super Bowl. I ain't even scared.

where's the line of scrimmage?

Yeah, Culls looked horrible in the SB.

Flacco and his WR's made everyone look foolish last yr once Caldwell took over playcalling, not just our DB's.....
Why can't they construct a cast inside the skin and around the ligaments that hold it into place! While having a brace on the outside? Im totally not knowledgeable about any of this but it just seems like it could allow players to come back quicker once the ligament is a little bit fused after say three or so months.
f**k
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bad karma from Culliver comes back to bite him.
Season ender.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1h RT @klynch49: Friends of CB Eric Wright said he spent time with #49ers GM Trent Baalke on Thursday. Must pass physical to sign.

We want eazy!
Well, clap ya hands then-come on
Clap ya hands everybody
Clap ya hands, come on, come on
Put ya hands together and clap 'em
Now can y'all say Eazy
Come on, say it
49ers lose an overrated CB = season done for

49ers have a completely terrible team= we have hope

ninertalk is lulz through the years

We will be fine, barring anymore serious injuries to the likes of kaep, smiths. I would say the defense will be back to 2011 form. We have a revamped front 7, an "upgrade" at the NT position, and hopefully a productive rookie class. If Ian W. performs like boone did last year, then it will be tough to run on us this year. Remember 2011 when no one even scored a rushing TD on us till what, week 16? Last year teams ran all over us, mostly cuz soap was uneffective and the smith injuries.

I know kaep will score points. I truly believe he is a QB who makes other receivers around him better. So if the defense can continue its dominance we will be fine. Losing cully sucks but I believe Asomough will offset that injury, possibly even an upgrade. It is still Super Bowl or Bust.
  • thl408
This injury might make it easier to re-sign Culliver.
It sucks this happened to him cause before the playoffs he was looking like a solid back up corner. But this isn't the end of the world i think Nnamdi will fill his spot also there is the option of bringing Wright back for Culliver it's sad this happened but hes young and showing good skills look forward to seeing him next season.
Reports from scouts that Nnamdi can't run anymore, he was abysmal in Philadelphia, and was forced to play press coverage more than any other CB in the league to (barely) cover (no pun intended) the fact up. Other than a slip up or two in the Super Bowl, none of those even begin to describe Culliver.

If the pass rush doesn't get better, or Justin Smith starts to slip, this'll be a bigger loss than Crabtree.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Reports from scouts that Nnamdi can't run anymore, he was abysmal in Philadelphia, and was forced to play press coverage more than any other CB in the league to (barely) cover (no pun intended) the fact up. Other than a slip up or two in the Super Bowl, none of those even begin to describe Culliver.

If the pass rush doesn't get better, or Justin Smith starts to slip, this'll be a bigger loss than Crabtree.

What scouts? Reports from coaches are saying otherwise. I'll take their words over scouts.
Share 49ersWebzone