There are 137 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for RishikeshA.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

I don't agree with the curse threory, but I do beleive that the team has been very lucky with injuries. This could be year that luck runs out.

If you put energy into anything it will happen. Staying away from negativity is a job unto itself. I try to live in the spirit of Teddy Roosevelt's philosophy, "Do the best you can, with what you have, wherever you are".
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This just really gets under my skin. I'm convinced that players are going to have to somehow be forced to keep in better shape during the off-season. Every year about this time players start dropping like flies because they sit on their asses for months and then come to camp.

Ya, knee injuries are totally the result of being out of shape.

The example was laid out by JR... Jerry Rice stayed in shape all year round (but didn't go too hard in the off season) and hardly got injured in his long tenure. Rice knew how to condition.
Tough for Cully. Really gonna need that raiders Nnamdi to show up
Originally posted by niners94:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

I don't agree with the curse threory, but I do beleive that the team has been very lucky with injuries. This could be year that luck runs out.

We will over come. Thanks for the warning, btw.

Indeed. You are very welcome. It was well deserved. Let me know if you want more.

Alex Smith
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Parys Haralson
Originally posted by redrathman:

Alex Smith
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Parys Haralson

Yeah but they don't count
What a rotten break. I hate pre-season. I know the guys need to work on their timing, conditioning and all that, but man, it SUCKS to lose a guy you were hoping would contribute before the games even begin to mean something.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Alex Smith
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Mario Manningham
David Akers
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Parys Haralson

Yeah but they don't count

Lol. You guys have a point, but do you really feel that we've been injury prone in recent years?
Lol. You guys have a point, but do you really feel that we've been injury prone in recent years?

Compared to what exactly? Dudes are dropping all over the NFL.
God, what frickin next.....Last year was our year..fuuuuuk...boo hooo.........

his last 3 tweets make me sad (pre injury)

Chris Culliver: 10 at night still puttin that work in!! http://t.co/PqKVPCxJaj

Chris Culliver: Always a good day when u smiling at camp!!! http://t.co/ziJBZEd7S2

Chris Culliver: Giving coach Harbaugh that work lol!! Camp http://t.co/HfFDzGXkwC
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
his last 3 tweets make me sad (pre injury)

Chris Culliver: 10 at night still puttin that work in!! http://t.co/PqKVPCxJaj

Chris Culliver: Always a good day when u smiling at camp!!! http://t.co/ziJBZEd7S2

Chris Culliver: Giving coach Harbaugh that work lol!! Camp http://t.co/HfFDzGXkwC

seriously. dude was busting his tail and happy as fuuuu

him and anthony dixon were ALWAYS posting on instragram videos of them putting in extra work
can't be with that sweet stuff

Originally posted by jrg:
seriously. dude was busting his tail and happy as fuuuu

him and anthony dixon were ALWAYS posting on instragram videos of them putting in extra work

Yup usually the fittest dudes are the ones posting videos of themselves at the gym on twitter.
Culliver was trash in the Super Bowl. I ain't even scared.

where's the line of scrimmage?

Yeah, Culls looked horrible in the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone