LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This hurts bad, as much as Crabs injury, maybe worst. Our CBs arent great, Cully is a #1 CB in the making, or was, now Rogers is NOT going away unless they somehow bring in someone who outshines him. Even Eric Wright signing wouldn't lead to a Rogers cut. We lost leverage in a potential pay cut for Rogers.

Now, my CBs for the 2013 roster,

Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, and hopefully Wright, or one of the rooks, Cooper, Rose, or Morris. Just cut Brock, he isnt worth $1.323M.
Now we gotta make Brown whole. Need him focused this season with Cully out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Leon Sandcastle?

"top that"
Man this really sucks. Now we will really see if our pass rush can make average corners better...damn
theyre droppin like flies
Culliver was trash in the Super Bowl. I ain't even scared.

Time for Marcus Cooper to become the steal of the draft.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Culliver was trash in the Super Bowl. I ain't even scared.

He was also instrumental in getting us there...great vid, only thing that could have made this thread harder to stomach
cully was a badass all year, one game where our whole defense didnt show up til the second half isnt really evidence to show that he sucked
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
cully was a badass all year, one game where our whole defense didnt show up til the second half isnt really evidence to show that he sucked

agreed

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

I don't agree with the curse threory, but I do beleive that the team has been very lucky with injuries. This could be year that luck runs out.

We will over come. Thanks for the warning, btw.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Cornerback
Eric Wright
Shawntae Spencer
Sheldon Brown
Jason Allen
Terrence McGee
Drew Coleman
Rashean Mathis
Cedric Griffin
Nate Clements (FS)
Stanford Routt
Will Allen
Patrick Lee
Antwaun Molden
Michael Coe
Justin Tryon
Brandon McDonald
Justin King
LeQuan Lewis
Kevin Barnes
Bruce Johnson
Travis Daniels
Coye Francies
Kennard Cox
Brian Witherspoon

Available corners
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
How serious is the injury?

Dunno if this explains it a little more or not, but he was in tears as being carted off the field.

He may know something.

indeed, he does....
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
He was also instrumental in getting us there...great vid, only thing that could have made this thread harder to stomach

Doesn't matter if he completely fails in the most important game of his life.

He took a complete s**t during and every game following New England.

PFF backs me up:

For much of the first half it looked like the old Chris Culliver had returned and that his recent struggles were behind him. Prior to the 49ers' Week 15 trip to New England, Culliver had accumulated a coverage grade of +9.4 and had yielded only 50 yards in a game twice all season. Over the 49ers' final six games, however, Culliver's coverage grade was -5.4 and he yielded at least 65 yards in coverage in all bar one matchup. Early on in this one Culliver was getting his hands to passes (two pass defenses) and generally had his assignment on lockdown, but when Jacoby Jones got free for his long TD all bets were off. For the game, Culliver gave up a career-high 123 yards, at more than 30 yards per completion, and conceded his third touchdown in five games. Combined with conceding a pivotal pass interference penalty, this was a game, and a week, for Culliver to forget.

I won't miss him with Asomugha on board.
next man up, hopefully he consentrates on the mental reps and improves next season
Share 49ersWebzone