LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
RIP Cully, get well soon.
What a bummer for cully in the house... Bal lost argubably there best corner early in the season, GB Super Bowl year they had a bunch of players go on IR.. Point is I'm trying to be positive through all these injuries, get well cully and crabs !
We only have two serious injuries, everybody else is just a precaution, or they are coming back at the beginning of the season.
Luckily, Boldin fills in for Crabtree perfectly, and Asumugha fills in for Culliver perfectly.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We only have two serious injuries, everybody else is just a precaution, or they are coming back at the beginning of the season.
Luckily, Boldin fills in for Crabtree perfectly, and Asumugha fills in for Culliver perfectly.

That's key. We're very lucky to have guys with similar skill sets that can step into their roles.
Yes the main thing is we upgraded at QB DL depth and on special teams. Nothing changes for our season outlook.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This is how i am feeling. Clearly losing your best WR and a good, young CB hurts and you can't really sugar coat that. However, of all the positions for this to happen at, it happened at positions in which they brought in comparable talent this off-season. I think both Boldin and NA should be able to contribute enough to compensate for these big losses.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Rascal.
ACL !!!! Oh come on now !!! We really need to dial it back a bit with the training regiment. This really is not a joke anymore !!
s**t f**k
Originally posted by Rascal:
ACL !!!! Oh come on now !!! We really need to dial it back a bit with the training regiment. This really is not a joke anymore !!

It was a non contact injury. More of a freak accident.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Rascal:

It was a non contact injury. More of a freak accident.

this...plus, you can't really dial back up. No one is going to dial back during the season. You've to be prepared for it.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

thanks?
LOS PAIN LIVES!!!

I have been skeptical of a repeat performance of 2012-2013 this year due to the improbability that the team could remain as healthy as in previous years. The 49ers have been very, very fortunate to avoid major injuries to key personnel the last couple of years. At some point, the law of averages catch up with you. It is a shame as the team is set in good position to make a run again, but I think this is just the beginning of bad luck in 2013. The curse of the losing Super Bowl team.

Lol. STFU.

I don't agree with the curse threory, but I do beleive that the team has been very lucky with injuries. This could be year that luck runs out.
Wish him a speedy recovery and hope he comes back strong next season!
Share 49ersWebzone