LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
if he can pass a physical, not sure we want him. is signing a cornerback a "need" or just a "want"?

It's a need and a want lol.

He could have failed a physical for any reason. The Bucs planned on starting Wright before he got arrested again. This tells me they felt good about his health, and dumped him because of off-field issues.

My hunch is the 49ers did a little more homework on his most recent arrest, and decided to back out of the trade and get their draft pick back by failing the physical. Now with Cully going down, we might be more willing to take on a character risk who can help us in the secondary.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
if he can pass a physical, not sure we want him. is signing a cornerback a "need" or just a "want"?

He could have failed a physical for any reason. The Bucs planned on starting Wright before he got arrested again. This tells me they felt good about his health, and dumped him because of off-field issues.

My hunch is the 49ers did a little more homework on his most recent arrest, and decided to back out of the trade and get their draft pick back by failing the physical. Now with Cully going down, we might be more willing to take on a character risk who can help us in the secondary.
good thoughts, thank you for the response,, maybe we will hear something on this front and the wide out front in the next 24 to 48 hours. may be wrong but i do not think we have to sign a linebacker?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Now CC is just concern trolling.
and you are just stalking and trolling period

Hardly. You and Rascal are just dominating all the threads about Jenkins & FA WR's. My stance with Rascal hasn't changed since he made a thread in the offseason asking about identifying an elite wide receiver.

It's ongoing effort to bring logic to the nonsense.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Damn this blows. Hopefully its not season-ending. Who would take his spot? Nnamdi and Brown both play right side of the field...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Damn this blows. Hopefully its not season-ending. Who would take his spot? Nnamdi and Brown both play right side of the field...

I do not know who plays where, i leave that up to you guys,, we have those two and rogers so thats good. after that what do we have? two or three kids? i think along with that wide out or wide outs,,, they best be shopping for some type of corner. not sure the type of quality that is out there now. maybe wait till a few cuts come in later in the month?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

good thoughts, thank you for the response,, maybe we will hear something on this front and the wide out front in the next 24 to 48 hours. may be wrong but i do not think we have to sign a linebacker?
All this waiting is killing me!! What's up with Cully and how long will he be out? Happy we have depth but it's thinning quickly. I think we take a look back at Wright and his health is Cully is done for the year. Hope Robinsonn had a good workout or Collie..... WR situation is scaring me too. Those lingering hamstring injuries can do keep these WR's out for considerable time! I'm hoping this LB from San Jose state may have something to bring to the table.... BUT dare I say we take a look at Taeo Spikes as insurance??! Either way this injury bug biting us early in camp is pissing me off!!!
Brown would likely move to the left side if he is playing alongside Asomugha. My question is, does Asomugha do enough in training camp/preseason to beat out Rogers for the starting spot? If so, it would make it much easier as Brown could start from the left side from the beginning.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by loyal9er:
All this waiting is killing me!! What's up with Cully and how long will he be out? Happy we have depth but it's thinning quickly. I think we take a look back at Wright and his health is Cully is done for the year. Hope Robinsonn had a good workout or Collie..... WR situation is scaring me too. Those lingering hamstring injuries can do keep these WR's out for considerable time! I'm hoping this LB from San Jose state may have something to bring to the table.... BUT dare I say we take a look at Taeo Spikes as insurance??! Either way this injury bug biting us early in camp is pissing me off!!!
a good poster reminded me we have perish cox who is actually more than respectable so we still got four solid guys and i think a couple of kids at corner. but i understand the need or want to sign a corner. the wide out thing is a mystery as i thought we were working out robinson today? the linebacker thing i am no to worried bout, our two all pros will not miss any regular season time and we needed to know what we had behind them anyway so i think we can weather that storm... however i will not totally discount your spikes theory or even larry grant for the pre season as he has to serve time for four games in the regular season. as I said before thank god we did not pay a bunch of money to high priced guys like revis, you always have to save some money for these types of emergencys dr brackett
  • JD81
  • Veteran
@RapSheet: I'm told #49ers CB Chris Culliver tore his ACL today during practice. Terrible. A late MRI revealed the news.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Blows keep coming: 49ers believe CB Chris Culliver suffered a torn ACL.
[ Edited by okdkid on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM ]

Originally posted by JD81:
@RapSheet: I'm told #49ers CB Chris Culliver tore his ACL today during practice. Terrible. A late MRI revealed the news.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:

Dayam..he's out for most of the season if not all of it. Then Willis fractured his hand, Williams with hamstring injury. Colin and Vernon better take it easy. We're probably gonna have back-ups in next weeks preaseason game
[ Edited by Baldie on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Cully In Da Operating Table smh
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Nnamdi Asomugha needs to step up!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Nnamdi Asomugha needs to step up!

Everyone needs to step up. Our first 2 seasons of non-injuries are coming back to haunt us.
Share 49ersWebzone