LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please let it be a severe knee sprain!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I love Cully and agree that he was our best CB last year, but it's not going to hurt that much due to the addition of Nnamdi Asomugha and what should be an improved pass rush.

Youre assuming that Asomugha will actually be worth a damn, that his time in Philly was an aberration. Im also hopeful but not counting on it. Not expecting a huge boost in the pass rush either seeing as how Carradine seems likely to get redshirted this season If Cullivers injury is serious and by all accounts it appears to be, this is very bad news.

Lemonier and Haralson will help with the pass rush. The Smith's will be back at full strength too.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Lemonier and Haralson will help with the pass rush. The Smith's will be back at full strength too.

That still won't improve the secondary any from where it was earlier last season when the pass rush was coming full speed ahead. Culliver had some HUGE games last year so I'm really hoping that Asomugha can help replace him. It would be very good for one of the rookies, Cooper or Darryl Morris to step the f**k up and be clutch for this team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

That still won't improve the secondary any from where it was earlier last season when the pass rush was coming full speed ahead. Culliver had some HUGE games last year so I'm really hoping that Asomugha can help replace him. It would be very good for one of the rookies, Cooper or Darryl Morris to step the f**k up and be clutch for this team.

I agree that Culliver was very good last year but I do think that Nnamdi will be much better than the last two years in Philly. Nobody on that defense was worth a damn the last two years. I think Cox could be a pleasant surprise this year as well.
We are getting f**ked by injuries. Hopefully not season ending.
Speaking as a guy who has seen many a Birds game the last few years....I would put a lot of money on it being the defense and not Aso. The coaching there made every single player look like hot garbage.
f**k man, just f**k. What's up with all these injuries. Culliver is arguably our best corner. This is b******t.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by braap49er:
So..

We sign Moss in '12 and Manningham goes down.

We sign Nmamdi and Culliver goes down.

We acquire Bolidin and Crabtree goes down

The first is nothing like the other 2.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Crying on the field?!?!?!?!?

"Can't be with that sweet stuff" it's an injury deal with it

lol this made me laff
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by braap49er:
So..

We sign Moss in '12 and Manningham goes down.

We sign Nmamdi and Culliver goes down.

We acquire Bolidin and Crabtree goes down

The first is nothing like the other 2.

Look at it this way..a few short years ago, our front office would have been sitting on their asses all of season and these sort of losses would have ended our season before it even started.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
f**k man, just f**k. What's up with all these injuries. Culliver is arguably our best corner. This is b******t.

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gay karma

true

If he just would've tweeted his support for the boycott of Russian vodka this wouldn't have happened.

In unrelated news, the 49ers have now decided to get a second opinion on Eric Wright's physical from the same doctors who performed the first one.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
Training camp is just destroying this team this year. We got 15 guys on the sideline according to CSN Bay Area. That's amazing this early.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Training camp is just destroying this team this year. We got 15 guys on the sideline according to CSN Bay Area. That's amazing this early.

alot of people think we are just "fine". there is a real need to sign at least one wide out and there may be a need to sign a corner, we got two guys on the wrong side of 30 and maybe could use some camp fodder to get us through camp. willis i am not worried about. i actually worry more about his henchman bowen who could have lingering effects from this groin pull he has, you could make a case to sign a linebacker but it is not tragic if we do not in my opinion. the wide out thing with three healthy guys before we even play a game should be troubling to all
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Do you think we'll make the playoffs this year?
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone