There are 161 users in the forums

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
FORMER COWBOY? NO THX!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by thl408:
Why wasn't Robinson on any other team's radar? If the concussions are in the past, I would think he'd get signed by now. No risk, good reward if he can get a spot.

his brain is mush

Four concussions last year, I think. His brain might be mush, and if it isn't it could be with one one major hit.

I would hesitate to sign him or Collie. A person only has one brain.
Originally posted by buck:
Why wasn't Robinson on any other team's radar? If the concussions are in the past, I would think he'd get signed by now. No risk, good reward if he can get a spot.

his brain is mush

Four concussions last year, I think. His brain might be mush, and if it isn't it could be with one one major hit.

I got to hear all about him on the local radio here in Jax. People were super happy to have him, but once his head went dull he was useless.

I would pass.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:

his brain is mush

I got to hear all about him on the local radio here in Jax. People were super happy to have him, but once his head went dull he was useless.

I would pass.

Wow didn't know that he had that much concussions, I'm with you guys I hope they pass on Robinson. Honestly, I'd rather they take a look at Early Doucet, sure hes been a bit injury prone but at least its not concussions plus hes still a young receiver (27).
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow didn't know that he had that much concussions, I'm with you guys I hope they pass on Robinson. Honestly, I'd rather they take a look at Early Doucet, sure hes been a bit injury prone but at least its not concussions plus hes still a young receiver (27).

Eww no Doucet is a b***h would rather take a chance on Robinson or Collie even if they do turn into Simple jack from the concussions
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Eww no Doucet is a b***h would rather take a chance on Robinson or Collie even if they do turn into Simple jack from the concussions

Easy for you to say its not your money.
For you guys (Rascal & Cc) can I hear some reasonable suggestions about how to fix the perceived problems instead of just a rant? I think we will be fine with Boldin, Mario and Williams until Crabtrees is healthy. I also want to remind you fellas that wide receivers are the biggest gamble in the draft. They usually take a couple or three years to get up to speed, and indeed some never do. It is not as big a deal as some are making it, and acting like the coaching staff and front office of this team doesn't understand what is going on as well as you do is just plain deluded.
Man, we just cannot get a break at the WR position!!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
This is the guy I wanted from the get go. I hope we sign him.

I'm not going to pretend that he's a top 10 WR or anything. But the guy has speed, size, and gets open in the end zone. He's got some concussion history. But it was just a year or two ago that he had a monster season with Dallas.

We need some experienced WRs in the mix. And when I say "experienced," I don't mean guys have that been on more than one team's practice squad. I mean guys that have started NFL games, and scored NFL touch downs.

Right now it sounds like Chad Hall could be the starter in the first preseason game. To me, that should be an unacceptable WR situation to a front office.
Yep... Nothing against Hall, he's busting his hump and taking advantage of his situation, but we've heard it all before with him... He's tough, an over acheiver, hard worker in practice, and so on. I doubt though, he's that much better then he was the last time he made the active roster. Baalkee can't hang his hat on a practice squad guy, that's a Donahue move, of course so was taking Jenkins, lol.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Easy for you to say its not your money.

or your brain.

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Man, we just cannot get a break at the WR position!!

What is even more frustrating, is that Crabtree, who finally distinguished himself with Kaepernick as a number one receiver, is a free agent next year and I think it's fair to say that he doesn't want to come back unless we pay him Jerry Rice money.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we will be drafting high at WR in 2014 or making an early play in free agency at this rate

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
FORMER COWBOY? NO THX!!!

Ken Norton Jr says hi!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Make no mistake the combined receiving numbers for Boldin and Crabtree can be misleading.

SF was 11th in overall offense, 4th in rushing offense, 11th in scoring offense, and only 23rd in passing offense.

Without a doubt, the 49ers passing attack needs improvement. But, pretending that the team has made no effort to improve is inane,

In the past two years, the team has added Manningham and Boldin. The team's play at quarterback has improved greatly. t

edit: I forget to mention that Baalke and Harbaugh have literally reconstructed our offensive line. Davis, Iupati, Boone, and Goodwin. 4/5 of the offensive line, are the Baalke/Harbaugh additions. And yes, the offensive line does have just a little to do with the passing game.

If you look at Baalke and Harbaugh's efforts to improve our passing solely through Jenkins-tinted-lenses, you vision is going to be substantially blurred.

At the same time, the list of top receiving tandems can be misleading.

Atlanta, which has the top wide receiver duo, was only 6th in passing offense.

Three of the top passing offense, Dallas at 3rd, New England at 4th, Denver at 5th, were not on the list of top five wide receiver tandems.

The Giants, 3rd on the top tandems list, was only 12th in passing offense and the Steelers, 5th on the list were 14th in passing offense.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
FORMER COWBOY? NO THX!!!

Ken Norton Jr says hi!

Was just going to say the same.
Share 49ersWebzone