There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Signing him could only help. As of now, we have one of the worst WR corps in the league.
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree, hope he passes his physical if it gets that far. if not, well maybe they have a plan c? i just want to start to give boldin a rest if nothing else, its hard to do that when you only got three healthy wide outs


I think by working out Laurent Robinson probably signals Harbaugh genuinely realizes the need to bring in outside help. In other words, even if Robinson doesn't pan out, the search will probably continue. Is a 2 prong approach, for a team like the 9ers which is knocking on the door of a Super Bowl, you got to make sure you cover all angles. On the one hand, let the current crop of young guys battle it out and hope at least a couple of them stand out especially if he is to keep Jenkins on the roster disregard of his performance plus judging by the current depletion rate, he knows he must plan for further potential injuries once the season kicks off. Imagine say 2 guys go down again once the season is underway, we will be back to square one. On the other hand, it is probably wise to inject outside help with proven experience to ensure there is enough production just in case the young guys (due to their lack of experience) have problems in performing in real game time, aside from making sure we have enough WR bodies that can see us through the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think by working out Laurent Robinson probably signals Harbaugh genuinely realizes the need to bring in outside help. In other words, even if Robinson doesn't pan out, the search will probably continue. Is a 2 prong approach, for a team like the 9ers which is knocking on the door of a Super Bowl, you got to make sure you cover all angles. On the one hand, let the current crop of young guys battle it out and hope at least a couple of them stand out especially if he is to keep Jenkins on the roster disregard of his performance plus judging by the current depletion rate, he knows he must plan for further potential injuries once the season kicks off. Imagine say 2 guys go down again once the season is underway, we will be back to square one. On the other hand, it is probably wise to inject outside help with proven experience to ensure there is enough production just in case the young guys (due to their lack of experience) have problems in performing in real game time, aside from making sure we have enough WR bodies that can see us through the season.
there is nothing i can add to this, good job
I personally really hope we at least sign him. The size and big play ability that he has can only be a good thing to continue to push the other WR's. This WR has proven at least that he can compete at a high nfl.
we will be drafting high at WR in 2014 or making an early play in free agency at this rate
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Signing him could only help. As of now, we have one of the worst WR corps in the league.

LOL
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,608
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
This is the guy I wanted from the get go. I hope we sign him.

I'm not going to pretend that he's a top 10 WR or anything. But the guy has speed, size, and gets open in the end zone. He's got some concussion history. But it was just a year or two ago that he had a monster season with Dallas.

We need some experienced WRs in the mix. And when I say "experienced," I don't mean guys have that been on more than one team's practice squad. I mean guys that have started NFL games, and scored NFL touch downs.

Right now it sounds like Chad Hall could be the starter in the first preseason game. To me, that should be an unacceptable WR situation to a front office.

me too.
remember when he was available two years ago, and we didn't grab him? that sucked, because he was a totally legit talent...and he showed it in dallas.
if he's 80% of his 2011 self, good for us.
The zone has gone full retard...
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,608
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Signing him could only help. As of now, we have one of the worst WR corps in the league.

people will laugh at that, but it's true. we need our tight ends at the fore in order to give our passing game legitimacy.
we have a very good #2 in boldin--and nothing else. none of them have a legit game-day resume. we're just hoping they develop into playmakers.
if you fancy yourself a top-4 team in the nfl, you can't enter the reg season with that; you need proven playmaking before you start a reg-season game.

at least one more proven playmaker needs to be on this roster today.
big and tall endzone threat. Soemthing the 49ers don't have at WR.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
big and tall endzone threat. Soemthing the 49ers don't have at WR.


You hit the nail right on the head and I have been saying that for a while now.
Originally posted by Rascal:
That is at least a step in the right direction, meaning Harbaugh probably realizes he might just need to activate a Plan B. I can't say I know much about this guy, but at least he did have 858 yards with the Cowboys in 2011. Whether we end up signing him or not, it goes to show at least Harbaugh recognizes the problem with the receiving corp. Let's see what happens.

"The problem" is everyone is hurt, nothing more.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,123
Originally posted by cciowa:
there is nothing i can add to this, good job

seemed like the plan from the very beginning didn't
Lock up Austin Collie instead.
no matter how bad our WR situation gets, the patriots are still worse off