LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I really liked Laurent coming out of the draft. If he can stay healthy, I think he'd be great.

He lit it up with Romo in Dallas and then fell of the face of the earth in JAC. Maybe he has something left

didnt he have concussion problems ?

That's the knock on him...err bad choice of words...
I really liked Laurent coming out of the draft. If he can stay healthy, I think he'd be great.

He lit it up with Romo in Dallas and then fell of the face of the earth in JAC. Maybe he has something left

Any contract he signs now won't be for much money. If he gets knocked out again then we're in exactly the same place we're in now.

I think people are minimizing how desperate our WR group is right now. We need to add the best experienced WR we can, and right now I really think that's Robinson.

(and NO, I do not think we should bring Moss back again after he mailed it in during the superbowl)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

yes, but he also made plays and I am sure they will check him out. I do like this idea better than someone whose experience is on someones practice squad. at least the guy does have a more than respectable nfl resume. and at this point in time you do not have many picks out there,, miss lloyd moss . susweet turned out to be right about moss, I was on board untill he started his s**t during super bowl week and then loafed through the super bowl, but i digress. due to our injuries to the wide out and due to the fact jenkins is suspect I would like to sign him,, plus boldin is on the other side of 30 and needs some breaks in camp
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Like 4 in one year...Jax dropped him to avoid paying injury settlement. He is just as damaged if not more than Collie since his bell was rung more recently. Still like Collie if he is healthy he has great ability.
maybe we will sign him just to get through pre season? then dump him when our injured guys come back? sounds mean but when you are down to three healthy guys and boldin needing a rest , maybe??
Originally posted by cciowa:
Like 4 in one year...Jax dropped him to avoid paying injury settlement. He is just as damaged if not more than Collie since his bell was rung more recently. Still like Collie if he is healthy he has great ability.
maybe we will sign him just to get through pre season? then dump him when our injured guys come back? sounds mean but when you are down to three healthy guys and boldin needing a rest , maybe??

Agree. They just need some healthy bodies out there on the field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Short temper. Quick to put words in other posters mouths. Loves to argue over meaningless stuff. No wonder you are a PBM.

And please shut your mouth about it being my job to protect players or coaches. Kaep looked like crap in TC last year, I guess he was a bust too.

correction, ck had some downs but when he had ups they were sparkling. i see no ups about jenkins, i see no ups from a guy who was being out played by camp fodder before he got hurt. at least ck showed you some stuff that really really made you excited. jenkins falls down at the line of scrimmage, if that excites you, then you must be easily amused
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree. They just need some healthy bodies out there on the field.
well and then who knows, maybe he will out play someone and earn a spot. on the other hand it could go the way of the eric davis who failed the physical and now is long forgotten

I think that's the only reason they'd have him on the team for preseason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Any contract he signs now won't be for much money. If he gets knocked out again then we're in exactly the same place we're in now.

I think people are minimizing how desperate our WR group is right now. We need to add the best experienced WR we can, and right now I really think that's Robinson.

(and NO, I do not think we should bring Moss back again after he mailed it in during the superbowl)
the chicken said nothing wrong. moss sure did picka pretty s**tty time to show his true colors. i am glad the hurts to the wide outs are happening now but the fact is they are happening and while some continue to tell us, we are just fine,, when you are down to three healthy guys and one is over 30,, and you are discussing vernon becoming a wide out,, well then you need to make a move.
Short temper. Quick to put words in other posters mouths. Loves to argue over meaningless stuff. No wonder you are a PBM.

And please shut your mouth about it being my job to protect players or coaches. Kaep looked like crap in TC last year, I guess he was a bust too.

correction, ck had some downs but when he had ups they were sparkling. i see no ups about jenkins, i see no ups from a guy who was being out played by camp fodder before he got hurt. at least ck showed you some stuff that really really made you excited. jenkins falls down at the line of scrimmage, if that excites you, then you must be easily amused

No. Just no. But keep living in your fantasy land. In TC he couldn't hit anything.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

No. Just no. But keep living in your fantasy land. In TC he couldn't hit anything.
are you sure? i did not think he was that bad in camp. actually what i recall is everytime he did some good things in camp and in the pre season games, the alex vs ck thread would blow up. well that is off topic anyway. i just thought after the very nice reports we heard from the off season on jenkins he would be a house a fire on day one of camp but then day one shows up, they say he is struggling and looks lost while hall and moore run circles around him. that is and was my concern in a nutshell
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That is at least a step in the right direction, meaning Harbaugh probably realizes he might just need to activate a Plan B. I can't say I know much about this guy, but at least he did have 858 yards with the Cowboys in 2011. Whether we end up signing him or not, it goes to show at least Harbaugh recognizes the problem with the receiving corp. Let's see what happens.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
That is at least a step in the right direction, meaning Harbaugh probably realizes he might just need to activate a Plan B. I can't say I know much about this guy, but at least he did have 858 yards with the Cowboys in 2011. Whether we end up signing him or not, it goes to show at least Harbaugh recognizes the problem with the receiving corp. Let's see what happens.

agree, hope he passes his physical if it gets that far. if not, well maybe they have a plan c? i just want to start to give boldin a rest if nothing else, its hard to do that when you only got three healthy wide outs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well to Laurants defense, Jacksonville didn't have the best QB playing either.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

the chicken said nothing wrong. moss sure did picka pretty s**tty time to show his true colors. i am glad the hurts to the wide outs are happening now but the fact is they are happening and while some continue to tell us, we are just fine,, when you are down to three healthy guys and one is over 30,, and you are discussing vernon becoming a wide out,, well then you need to make a move.

Agreed.

In fact, I will go a step further and say that I think the 9ers should sign both Laurent Robinson AND Early Doucet.

Now I know people are going to hate on this because they don't think we need two new WRs. To me, the fact that we're even discussing Moore, Lockette, Hall, or Jacobs as much as we are means that we need TWO more WRs. We just don't have any experienced players and I will take an average NFL level player over a long shot lotto ticket undrafted player.

Now the second thing people are going to hate on is Doucet. And yeah, I know he's not the greatest. But like Robinson, he took a while to develop, got stuck with terrible QB play, but DID have a solid 2011 season. Here are his 2011 stats:

54 receptions
98 targets
689 yards
12.8 average
5 TDs

Not terrible, despite the fact he had that crappy ARZ platoon of QBs throwing to him. I'd rather have him as my day 1 starter/late season bench warmer than Chad Hall or Marlon Moore.
Share 49ersWebzone