LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I literally remember nothing of this. I don't recall anyone going nuts over CK in TC, i recall people being irritated that they even drafted him. The only flashes i saw from him were in that last pre-season game, but there was still no Alex vs. CK talk. That did not start until Alex went down and CK blew it up against CHI.

so i must have dreamed the well quoted phrase around here,,,,,,, "it is obvious that the niners drafted ck for the express purpose of replacing alex in the near future"? do not hand me that garbage people, there was a ck vs alex long before chicago. please
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok now we are debating if ck was garbage or not in pre season. ck showed some stuff in the pre season to warrant him staying with the team, jenkins has not, bottom line in my opinion. you do not like my opinion, big deal, do not respond

Stop trying to move the field goals to support your argument.

We aren't talking preseason here. We are talking Training Camp. Since only reporters have access to that providing links to these claims of yours should be simple (ever heard of Google?).
CK > OK. AJ < OK. Preseason = nothing. My opinion and I'm stickin to it
Originally posted by 9erReign:
ok now we are debating if ck was garbage or not in pre season. ck showed some stuff in the pre season to warrant him staying with the team, jenkins has not, bottom line in my opinion. you do not like my opinion, big deal, do not respond

Stop trying to move the field goals to support your argument.

We aren't talking preseason here. We are talking Training Camp. Since only reporters have access to that providing links to these claims of yours should be simple (ever heard of Google?).

who cares what players look like in TC, we can't see them to judge them. the only thing that matters is what they do in a game. period.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who cares what players look like in TC, we can't see them to judge them. the only thing that matters is what they do in a game. period.

That is my point. But cciowa is ready to cut Jenkins because he "heard" he wasn't doing well (I haven't heard that) in TC so he is a bust. The counter argument was brought up that we would have cut CK last year if we followed that stupid concept. For some reason he won't give it up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Jenkins only led the team in receiving last preseason.
then he must have went backwards cuz he could not even see the field last year when the bullets started to fly for real even when we had our two big injurys, when he did, he made no contributions. before he got hurt this pre season, he was being out played by camp fodder like hall and moore. i still have yet to see someone to explain that one to me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

if your theory is right, then jenkins better get better in a hurry so he play in a game
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Yeah cause look who he had throwing the ball to him?, Was he a threat with Washington? Chicago? Denver?

Uhhhhhhh.... He had 1448 yards in 2010 in Denver with Kyle Orton playing QB.

Uhhhhhhh... 2 good years out of how many?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
That is my point. But cciowa is ready to cut Jenkins because he "heard" he wasn't doing well (I haven't heard that) in TC so he is a bust. The counter argument was brought up that we would have cut CK last year if we followed that stupid concept. For some reason he won't give it up.

correction, i have said i will give him four pre season games,, since many feel the only true measure of a player is to see him in games, lets see what he does, if he is garbage or a non factor in four games then you can make a case to cut him. what would be the case to keep him,, other than the infamous three year plan it takes for a wide out?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I literally remember nothing of this. I don't recall anyone going nuts over CK in TC, i recall people being irritated that they even drafted him. The only flashes i saw from him were in that last pre-season game, but there was still no Alex vs. CK talk. That did not start until Alex went down and CK blew it up against CHI.

so i must have dreamed the well quoted phrase around here,,,,,,, "it is obvious that the niners drafted ck for the express purpose of replacing alex in the near future"? do not hand me that garbage people, there was a ck vs alex long before chicago. please

You must have. You just put some random quote out there with no context, who said it, etc. Lol. No sh*t they drafted him to be a future replacement for Alex, but his play in TC and pre-season did not elicit this raging, heated debate that only you seem to remember.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
You mean before he got hurt during the second day of padded practice? C'mon man. It's not like he's spent weeks getting outplayed by other guys. Let's just cool off on the judgements until we see how he plays when the preseason actually begins.

he has a great opportunity, if his hammy is just a strain like kyle you would hope both would be back to work next week and play in the first game. i credit moore and hall for taking advantage of this negative regarding the wide outs. jenkins needs to heal up quick and get in the mix
For someone who will wait to see what he does in real games you sure are pretty critical of his first few practices of training camp that you didn't even witness, lol.

hey, genius, in case you have been asleep,, he has made no impact the previous week before he got injured so susweet is very appropriate to make such a observation in my opinion

and like a poster said,, we really do not need someone whose only experience has been on someones practice squad. I am sure they will look at his head very carefully but yes due to the fact we got some injuries and due to the fact jenkins is hurt and was falling down at the line of scrimmage before he even got hurt,, this is a very wise and appropriate measure by the niners

thank you for your opinion but my opinion stands, as a matter of a fact it is fact. he did little to nothing before he got hurt. unless all of the beat writers are lying about it

my displeasure comes from the fact he did next to nothing before he got hurt while guys like hall and moore were seizing the opportunity

i also am aware that scrubs like hall and moore were making plays and getting the job done while this guy was quote,, playing like he was on glass, i am sorry but is that the bar you set for a number one draft choice, who supposedly has more talent and ability in his little finger as compared to camp fodder like hall and moore?

if calling me pessimistic is because i expect a bit more from a number one draft choice in his second pre season and i expect him not to get out played by camp fodder like hall and moore,, then yes I must be a pessimist
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Hold your horses Robinson...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/collie-to-work-out-for-49ers-again/

And the plot thickens..
ok.. i am beyond caring who it is, just sign one of these guys so we can go into a pre season game with more than just three healthy wide outs . plus boldin who is not a young whippersnapper anymore, needs a break

Agreed. Apparently both have concussion issues, so it's a roll-of-the-dice either way.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
For someone who will wait to see what he does in real games you sure are pretty critical of his first few practices of training camp that you didn't even witness, lol.

hey, genius, in case you have been asleep,, he has made no impact the previous week before he got injured so susweet is very appropriate to make such a observation in my opinion

and like a poster said,, we really do not need someone whose only experience has been on someones practice squad. I am sure they will look at his head very carefully but yes due to the fact we got some injuries and due to the fact jenkins is hurt and was falling down at the line of scrimmage before he even got hurt,, this is a very wise and appropriate measure by the niners

thank you for your opinion but my opinion stands, as a matter of a fact it is fact. he did little to nothing before he got hurt. unless all of the beat writers are lying about it

my displeasure comes from the fact he did next to nothing before he got hurt while guys like hall and moore were seizing the opportunity

i also am aware that scrubs like hall and moore were making plays and getting the job done while this guy was quote,, playing like he was on glass, i am sorry but is that the bar you set for a number one draft choice, who supposedly has more talent and ability in his little finger as compared to camp fodder like hall and moore?

if calling me pessimistic is because i expect a bit more from a number one draft choice in his second pre season and i expect him not to get out played by camp fodder like hall and moore,, then yes I must be a pessimist
1. you must have alot of free time to do this , you must be proud of yourself
2, everything i said i stand by and its my opinion which i stated without ripping fellow posters, you do not like it, i am not sure what to tell you
3 yes i am critical of him as i expected more but still at the same time, i do want to see him in the pre season games to see what he does, despite what you think, he is a niner so i hope he succeeds as that would be good for our team, right now i do not see it but i have a open mind and am not afraid of being wrong
4,, now I can already hear you clammering for a "link" to my last statement,,,, I loved the dennis erickson hire, i like the fact he got a second year with his own coaches, i loved the nolan hire, i thought signing david boston would save us, i did not think there was any way alex would lose his job to ck, i thought randy moss would be a difference maker and we would not see the old randy. I was wrong on all those and am the first to step up and say i was wrong. i hope jenkins proves me wrong, so far he has not. I am not the only one who was disappointed in jenkins last year and so far this year.
I loved the dennis erickson hire, i like the fact he got a second year with his own coaches, i loved the nolan hire, i thought signing david boston would save us, i did not think there was any way alex would lose his job to ck, i thought randy moss would be a difference maker and we would not see the old randy. I was wrong on all those and am the first to step up and say i was wrong. i hope jenkins proves me wrong, so far he has not. I am not the only one who was disappointed in jenkins last year and so far this year.

Dayam. Ouch. Honesty. what to do..
Share 49ersWebzone