Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by boast:
lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this
ck also showed flashes of good stuff and those flashes got you excited. jenkins so far can not stand up at the line of scrimmage. I would settle for a flash or a glimpse of something from him. even before he got hurt, moore and hall were out playing him so how do you explain or excuse that?

Link?

please do not do that to me! you can remember that everytime ck had some good series in camp, the alex vs ck thread would go nuts and then i am pretty sure ck showed some nice flashes and glimpses of his ability in the pre season games. i was just trying to say i expected more of out jenkins before he got hurt than what we heard about. at least with ck back then,, i am pretty sure he took two steps forward then one back and two forward.

I literally remember nothing of this. I don't recall anyone going nuts over CK in TC, i recall people being irritated that they even drafted him. The only flashes i saw from him were in that last pre-season game, but there was still no Alex vs. CK talk. That did not start until Alex went down and CK blew it up against CHI.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this
ck also showed flashes of good stuff and those flashes got you excited. jenkins so far can not stand up at the line of scrimmage. I would settle for a flash or a glimpse of something from him. even before he got hurt, moore and hall were out playing him so how do you explain or excuse that?

Link?

please do not do that to me! you can remember that everytime ck had some good series in camp, the alex vs ck thread would go nuts and then i am pretty sure ck showed some nice flashes and glimpses of his ability in the pre season games. i was just trying to say i expected more of out jenkins before he got hurt than what we heard about. at least with ck back then,, i am pretty sure he took two steps forward then one back and two forward.

Nice revisionist history. Was there a link in that illogical rambling?
ok now we are debating if ck was garbage or not in pre season. ck showed some stuff in the pre season to warrant him staying with the team, jenkins has not, bottom line in my opinion. you do not like my opinion, big deal, do not respond
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I literally remember nothing of this. I don't recall anyone going nuts over CK in TC, i recall people being irritated that they even drafted him. The only flashes i saw from him were in that last pre-season game, but there was still no Alex vs. CK talk. That did not start until Alex went down and CK blew it up against CHI.

so i must have dreamed the well quoted phrase around here,,,,,,, "it is obvious that the niners drafted ck for the express purpose of replacing alex in the near future"? do not hand me that garbage people, there was a ck vs alex long before chicago. please

this

Link?

Nice revisionist history. Was there a link in that illogical rambling?
ok now we are debating if ck was garbage or not in pre season. ck showed some stuff in the pre season to warrant him staying with the team, jenkins has not, bottom line in my opinion. you do not like my opinion, big deal, do not respond

Jenkins only led the team in receiving last preseason.

Stop trying to move the field goals to support your argument.

We aren't talking preseason here. We are talking Training Camp. Since only reporters have access to that providing links to these claims of yours should be simple (ever heard of Google?).
CK > OK. AJ < OK. Preseason = nothing. My opinion and I'm stickin to it

Stop trying to move the field goals to support your argument.

We aren't talking preseason here. We are talking Training Camp. Since only reporters have access to that providing links to these claims of yours should be simple (ever heard of Google?).

who cares what players look like in TC, we can't see them to judge them. the only thing that matters is what they do in a game. period.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who cares what players look like in TC, we can't see them to judge them. the only thing that matters is what they do in a game. period.

That is my point. But cciowa is ready to cut Jenkins because he "heard" he wasn't doing well (I haven't heard that) in TC so he is a bust. The counter argument was brought up that we would have cut CK last year if we followed that stupid concept. For some reason he won't give it up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
then he must have went backwards cuz he could not even see the field last year when the bullets started to fly for real even when we had our two big injurys, when he did, he made no contributions. before he got hurt this pre season, he was being out played by camp fodder like hall and moore. i still have yet to see someone to explain that one to me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

if your theory is right, then jenkins better get better in a hurry so he play in a game
then he must have went backwards cuz he could not even see the field last year when the bullets started to fly for real even when we had our two big injurys, when he did, he made no contributions. before he got hurt this pre season, he was being out played by camp fodder like hall and moore. i still have yet to see someone to explain that one to me.
You mean before he got hurt during the second day of padded practice? C'mon man. It's not like he's spent weeks getting outplayed by other guys. Let's just cool off on the judgements until we see how he plays when the preseason actually begins.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Yeah cause look who he had throwing the ball to him?, Was he a threat with Washington? Chicago? Denver?

Uhhhhhhh.... He had 1448 yards in 2010 in Denver with Kyle Orton playing QB.

Uhhhhhhh... 2 good years out of how many?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
That is my point. But cciowa is ready to cut Jenkins because he "heard" he wasn't doing well (I haven't heard that) in TC so he is a bust. The counter argument was brought up that we would have cut CK last year if we followed that stupid concept. For some reason he won't give it up.

correction, i have said i will give him four pre season games,, since many feel the only true measure of a player is to see him in games, lets see what he does, if he is garbage or a non factor in four games then you can make a case to cut him. what would be the case to keep him,, other than the infamous three year plan it takes for a wide out?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

so i must have dreamed the well quoted phrase around here,,,,,,, "it is obvious that the niners drafted ck for the express purpose of replacing alex in the near future"? do not hand me that garbage people, there was a ck vs alex long before chicago. please

You must have. You just put some random quote out there with no context, who said it, etc. Lol. No sh*t they drafted him to be a future replacement for Alex, but his play in TC and pre-season did not elicit this raging, heated debate that only you seem to remember.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You mean before he got hurt during the second day of padded practice? C'mon man. It's not like he's spent weeks getting outplayed by other guys. Let's just cool off on the judgements until we see how he plays when the preseason actually begins.

he has a great opportunity, if his hammy is just a strain like kyle you would hope both would be back to work next week and play in the first game. i credit moore and hall for taking advantage of this negative regarding the wide outs. jenkins needs to heal up quick and get in the mix